Excuse me please, all these mocks show DT Langford no respect

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I always enjoy reading & scanning Ram fans thoughts on how to go about help fix this losing constant NFL team. As we all gear up and get ready for this upcoming off season action in Free Agency/NFL draft/Cap Releases we all have some really good ideals & most sound reasonable.

One constant in most all the below submitted mocks is the releasing of Kendall Langford. The Cap $$$ gain of releasing Kendall is a nice size chunk of Cap Capital Saved to spend elsewhere. Six million can really help you purchase the holes the Rams have. Kendall's contact was not front end loaded like many others done here in Ram-ville.....Kendall contract was very kind to the Rams cap hit the first two seasons where Kendall would get a large chunk the last half.

I just do not agree with these mocks where Kendall is bundle up with the likes of Scott Wells & Jake Long who I can say were highly DISAPPOINTING in comparison to the likes of the play of Kendall. He has not missed a Ram game in 48 straight Ram games since he was moved from a 34 DE to play both the NT & DT posts in this Ram 43.

In periods of time when Brockers was injured since Brockers arrival in 2012... Kendall took his 6-6 frame & plugged up the middle. Kendall lost his starting post to Aaron Donald this season who had an all pro season with 47 tacks but lets not forget Kendall has 49 tacks from that same post just last yr! Kendall has done all that he has been asked to do. Kendall's only 28 yrs old with many productive yrs ahead of him.

I see where it is suggested that we cut Kendall & then resign a cheaper DT or then use one of our very few 2015 draft picks to try to make an attempt to fill the large hole now in our DL. other mocks just make no attempt @ filling Kendall's void. Like the Rams have a bundle of stashed interior DL'er who can play not only DT post but the NT post of Brockers!

OK, fellow Ram ROD members lets get real we have NO legit contender for this vacancy that you suggest making any where around. Sure maybe Practice Squad cadre Conrath or Worthington can back up Donald (there is a reason they are on the PS) or the Rams could resign the useless always injured vet DE/DT Carrington to back up Donald or the DE/DT much smaller light Ethan Westbrook may put on some muscle to fill in behind Donald but who would play the NT post???

If the reason you are willing to suggest to dump Kendall in order to free up cap space when you have no bona fide back up anywhere on your roster that can do what Kendall does ......IMO is one very BIG BIG BIG MISTAKE! Thanks for reading.

FRO

Legend
Kendall is a good player. I wouldn't mind retaining him. The money has to be right though.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Keeping him is a luxury we may or may not be able to afford.
I would like to keep him. However, I would prefer a starting caliber Qb, G and C, over a back up DT.

Longford could start on many teams. Would he play here for less?

Athos

Legend
All things the same, I'd spend his entire yearly cap hit on a stud OG or C.

We'd be a far superior team going in that direction.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Keeping him is a luxury we may or may not be able to afford.
I would like to keep him. However, I would prefer a starting caliber Qb, G and C, over a back up DT.

Longford could start on many teams. Would he play here for less?

No way a DL like Kendall who was a good starter as a DE in a 34 then starts inside in a 43 then gets this season about 45 % time @ NT for Brockers will take less. How many DL'ers can do that? If Brockers goes down for an long period of time on this team & you release Kendall in this off season this team is in trouble against the run in 2015. I do not see keeping Kendall as a Luxury myself. I do not see a complete back up NT/DT anywhere on this roster.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
No way a DL like Kendall who was a good starter as a DE in a 34 then starts inside in a 43 then gets this season about 45 % time @ NT for Brockers will take less. How many DL'ers can do that? If Brockers goes down for an long period of time on this team & you release Kendall in this off season this team is in trouble against the run in 2015. I do not see keeping Kendall as a Luxury myself. I do not see a complete back up NT/DT anywhere on this roster.
I think everyone likes him.
I would like to keep him as well. I'm sure the entire staff would also.

I'm just saying, if money is needed for a qb and o linemen, then it may be a necessity to use his money on a starting player.

Every year there are tough decisions that need to be made. This could end up being one of them this year.