Ex Ram Quintin Mikell' real NFL value back down to earth now

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I was wondering how this would turn out for this ex veteran Ram safety who was to caused the Rams a 9 million $$$ salary cap hit this season. Most of us thought Quintin Mikell had value but certainly not the value that Billy Devaney & Spags thought he had. The under 5-8 strong safety was released early this year by Fisher causing a stir among fans wondering how the Rams would survive without him.

So I was waiting to see what his real NFL value was...So the Panthers came up with the answer...Mikell signed a one-year, $1.005 million contract. The deal included a $65,000 signing bonus. Guess he was about 8 million less what was Billy & Spags thinking? :slap!:

Thanks goodness for Snead & Fisher :nice:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Re: Ex Ram Quintin Mikell' real NFL value back down to earth

Are the Rams on the hook for 9 mil against the cap for him this year? If so holy shit thats awful.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

LesBaker said:
Are the Rams on the hook for 9 mil against the cap for him this year? If so holy shyte thats awful.

If I recall it right Mikell cost the Rams 6 million in Dead Money against this 2013 cap. Guess Mikell will make 7 plus million this season. But the 6 mil hit is awful enough.

Rams are still on the hook for Jason Smith too for about $4,022,000 mil. in 2013.The ghosts of Billy & Spags are still haunting this team even now wonder what Snead could have done with an extra 10 mil this season in cap space??????? :cray: :balling:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

BonifayRam said:
LesBaker said:
Are the Rams on the hook for 9 mil against the cap for him this year? If so holy shyte thats awful.

If I recall it right Mikell cost the Rams 6 million in Dead Money against this 2013 cap. Guess Mikell will make 7 plus million this season. But the 6 mil hit is awful enough.

Rams are still on the hook for Jason Smith too for about $4,022,000 mil. in 2013.The ghosts of Billy & Spags are still haunting this team even now wonder what Snead could have done with an extra 10 mil this season in cap space??????? :cray: :balling:

With an extra 10 mil I think they go after a LB and safety or three.

The SS/BD era is a painful memory.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

LesBaker said:

Or they use the money to plan for extensions of their own in the years ahead. Bradford, for example, or Quinn (whose deal is up after 2014).

The Rams stuck to their guns and riding a HUGE $12.4 million cap hit (roster bonus) on Laurinaitis in 2013. While he's still a fairly large cap hit in 2014 ($10.4M)... his cap hit plummets to $4M, $6M, and $8M the remaining of the deal.

I'm guessing this is planning by Demoff in anticipation of extending Sam/Quinn next season or 2015. Smart move, KD!

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

CGI_Ram said:
LesBaker said:

Or they use the money to plan for extensions of their own in the years ahead. Bradford, for example, or Quinn (whose deal is up after 2014).

The Rams stuck to their guns and riding a HUGE $12.4 million cap hit (roster bonus) on Laurinaitis in 2013. While he's still a fairly large cap hit in 2014 ($10.4M)... his cap hit plummets to $4M, $6M, and $8M the remaining of the deal.

I'm guessing this is planning by Demoff in anticipation of extending Sam/Quinn next season or 2015. Smart move, KD!

Is KD the only guy working the cap for the Rams or is there a team? As effing complex as it's become you almost need a group of accountants on staff to navigate the system.