Every first round pick Jeff Fisher has acquired

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
QB and RB back to back....hmmm.

Some pretty darn good players on that list.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

A55VA6

Legend
That's actually a really impressive list. One thing I've always liked about Fisher is his eye for talent. Now, let's see if he drafts a great QB. If he does, we might have a damn good team.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Keep in mind he didn't get player control in Tenn until 2007.

tempests

Hall of Fame
I think Floyd Reese ran the Houston/Tenn drafts back then. I don't know exactly how much influence Fisher had before he forced him out but I do know he was chafing and wanted more say in the players he got.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Not to rain on anyone's parade but theres TEN picks between 10-20 on that list. Great drafter, mediocre head coach.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Just looking at the picks he made between #'s 14-16,( all great picks!!) which is where we are picking this year. The Odd's are 3 to 1 He goes for a "D" Player!

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
In TN he didn't pick the players, the GM Reese did and that's not a big secret either. Once again young Brandon shows us reporter fail. o_O

From Wiki.......and I think Brandon can find that website right?

In 1994, Reese was promoted to executive vice president and general manager, where he stayed while the Oilers moved to Nashville, Tennessee, first as the Tennessee Oilers, then as the Tennessee Titans. He added the role of director of football operations in 2001. After disputes with Adams and coach Jeff Fisher about the direction of the team (Fisher wanted more control in drafts),[citation needed] and realizing that Adams was not likely to offer him a new contract,[citation needed] Reese resigned his position with the Titans following the 2006 season, despite amassing the most wins (111) of any Oilers/Titans general manager.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Whether or not he had control with the Titans is irrelevant. His time with the Rams where he does have control have been awesome. A far cry from the Tye Hills and Adam Carrikers.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I just hope the dude starts winning. I like everything about him except his record in years 3 & 4 with us. There is still a chance he emerges as better than his win/loss indicates, so I am hopeful and pullin for him.

Just don't screw yourself by settling at QB Fish...

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Whether or not he had control with the Titans is irrelevant. His time with the Rams where he does have control have been awesome. A far cry from the Tye Hills and Adam Carrikers.

Relevant in that the "hits" in TN aren't his. He has done well as a pair with Snead, but we really don't know how much control each person has. When he and Snead and Demoff get asked all they say is essentially it's a group effort. And I'm OK with that. I've tried to explain this to people who rip him for drafting in TN but nobody really listens when they are in full bash mode.

Tye Hill. That was a really, really, really bad pick. But he's marketing these t-shirts now so he's making a little bit of dough hahahahaha

Midget_Style.gif

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Relevant in that the "hits" in TN aren't his. He has done well as a pair with Snead, but we really don't know how much control each person has. When he and Snead and Demoff get asked all they say is essentially it's a group effort.
I don't think Brandon meant to imply that Fisher hand-picked all of those draft picks in TEN. He's a pretty smart dude (I talk to him on Twitter), and he knows Fisher had a GM in TEN with whom he didn't necessarily get along. But I'm sure he had a strong voice in the draft room at the time anyway. Here, I'm relatively sure that Fisher has the final say. Most of the stories out of the war room are framed in such a way that Fisher is holding the card and asks around, "Anybody have a problem with this one?" And you never hear any stories of people objecting to whomever Fisher ends up picking.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I don't think Brandon meant to imply that Fisher hand-picked all of those draft picks in TEN. He's a pretty smart dude (I talk to him on Twitter), and he knows Fisher had a GM in TEN with whom he didn't necessarily get along. But I'm sure he had a strong voice in the draft room at the time anyway. Here, I'm relatively sure that Fisher has the final say. Most of the stories out of the war room are framed in such a way that Fisher is holding the card and asks around, "Anybody have a problem with this one?" And you never hear any stories of people objecting to whomever Fisher ends up picking.

Part of the reason Fisher left was that his voice wasn't heard enough, in his opinion and probably rightfully so at least with Adams meddling. I got the impression he was not implying but stating that Fisher made the picks since he said it the way he said it.

I think Snead may have as much say as Fisher, and he has all the say in street free agents from what I get out of listening to him talk about that being so much fun and such a challenge for him. I think as far as building the draft board they do it together and I sense that they have a lot of trust so if one of them says "we should go with this guy" and it adamant about it the other one goes along.

It's a great combo, I'm glad we have them.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
All pretty darn good players except maybe Kenny Holmes and Andre Woolfolk. Vince Young didn't last but had a few good years for the Titans. Very impressive list of 1st round picks.

Including the best DT and 3rd best RB in the NFL the last two years...crazy.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Relevant in that the "hits" in TN aren't his. He has done well as a pair with Snead, but we really don't know how much control each person has. When he and Snead and Demoff get asked all they say is essentially it's a group effort. And I'm OK with that. I've tried to explain this to people who rip him for drafting in TN but nobody really listens when they are in full bash mode.

Tye Hill. That was a really, really, really bad pick. But he's marketing these t-shirts now so he's making a little bit of dough hahahahaha

Midget_Style.gif

I don't really care what or how he did with the Titans. What matters is now, and remember Jeff Fisher came first, not Les so its all on him. If nothing else, I really enjoy these guys as Rams.