Everson Griffin threatens to shoot someone at hotel.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Psycho_X

Legend
Explains his weird up in the air status.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/viking...ved-incident-minneapolis-hotel-020309812.html

Minnesota Vikings defensive end Everson Griffen was reportedly involved in an incident at a downtown Minneapolis hotel last weekend where he threatened to shoot someone, according to KSTP-TV.

Per the report, Griffen was verbally threatening to shoot someone in the middle of the day on Saturday at Hotel Ivy, though there was no indication he had a gun. He allegedly told the staff that if “someone wouldn’t let him into his room that he was going to shoot someone.”

At one point, per the report, staff members moved to the back of the office while Griffen was pacing around the lobby, and he then laid down on the lobby floor.

The 30-year-old was not arrested, and the police are no longer investigating the incident.

Griffen was ruled out of the Vikings’ game last week with a knee injury, and he did not attend their 27-6 loss to the Bills at U.S. Bank Stadium. Vikings coach Mike Zimmer only said that he was “having a personal matter” after the game when asked why Griffen was not there.

Griffen did not attend practice on Monday, either, and was listed on the Vikings’ injury report as “knee/not injury related.”

“We are aware of the situation involving Everson Griffen and certainly concerned by what we have heard,” Vikings general manager Rick Spielman said in a statement. “We are certainly focused on Everson’s well-being and providing the appropriate support for him and his family.”

Griffen was drafted in the fourth round of the 2010 NFL draft, and has spent his entire career with the Vikings. He recorded 21 tackles and had 13 sacks last season.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, to be safe, they shouldn't try to rush him for Thursday night's game.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Griffen did not attend practice on Monday, either, and was listed on the Vikings’ injury report as “knee/not injury related.”

If every teams best pass rusher could just somehow go away before playing us, thats fine with me.
I like beating the best at their best, but I like watching Goff slice up a secondary and win by double digits even more.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I would be really surprised to see him suit up Thursday. I would not be surprised to see him not suit up again this year.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Lol cue the “what the hell is going on here” gif

Will this do?

giphy.gif

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Confirmed by NFLN. Griffin's mental breakdown reached a critical point before Week 3's game vs the Bills, and he did not make the plane trip to LA. Don't like the way he's out and hope the best for him. He made a sack in each of the first two games, so that's another plus this Thurs.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I hope that Griffen gets help. Bipolar disorder is no fun, speaking from experience.

Ramit

ROD GRUNT
I hope that Griffen gets help. Bipolar disorder is no fun, speaking from experience.

Yes! Viking set to play against the Horns or not, his mental health is important. Been there, gone through it with PTSD and bipolar type 2. When it's all ratcheted up on you it is absolutely no bueno. I personally thank God that I made it through somehow. I hope the best for Mr Griffen.