Eugene Sims wrote a ridiculously kind goodbye letter to the Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
http://theramswire.usatoday.com/2017/03/11/los-angeles-rams-eugene-sims-cut-cap-space/

The Los Angeles Rams cut defensive lineman Eugene Sims to clear cap space earlier this week. In response, Sims shared a warm thank you.

It was a sign of grace and gratitude for the opportunity to play with the franchise. The 6-foot-6 free agent played 99 games for the Rams. He totaled 111 tackles with twelve sacks and two interceptions.

Sims said that he plans to root for the Rams next season. We wish nothing but the best for the defensive end moving forward.

View: https://twitter.com/EugeneSims2/status/840691380750028800/photo/1

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Its sad. That the Fisher regime robbed them and made them out to be mediocre. Hayes, Sims, and everyone else who was a class act good luck...

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Yeah I feel like too many Rams fans dont recognize or appreciate just how important Eugene Sims and William Hayes contributions were to the overall success of our D-line since 2012. It goes beyond stats.

They rotated in on a badass Defensive Line and I will always remember how they went about their business.
Best of luck #97 and #95 and thank you Mike Wauffel.

Last edited:

TexasRam

Legend
Good example of how to go out with class.

He was a very solid player and found lots of playing time when our run D struggled due to his excelllent run stopping ability in our 4-3 set.

Great way to go out and set yourself up for future work.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Yeah I feel like too many Rams fans dont recognize or appreciate just how important Eugene Sims and William Hayes contributions were to the overall success of our D-line since 2012. It goes beyond stats.

They rotated in on a badass Defensive Line and I will always remember how they went about their business.
Sad to see Sims go. I always thought he was our Best "Depth Man"!

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Its sad. That the Fisher regime robbed them and made them out to be mediocre. Hayes, Sims, and everyone else who was a class act good luck...

Yeah, Fisher built a good defense but he ruined it by believing his old school leather helmet days type offense could win. His kids summer camp mentality didn't help him either. He did them no favors being their buddy and not holding them accountable. Some guys don't need that and can hold themselves accountable. Not everyone is like that.

CanadaRam

No guts, No glory.
Name
Andrew

I liked Sims and Hayes.
Goes to show how horrendous the Rams must have been overall when the 5th and 6th Dlinemen, playing as back-ups to 4 high 1st round picks (most of the time) on a sub-500 team are considered big losses.

TBH not sure how good a coach Waufle. He had players. He would have had to be lousy to fail with them.

I sure hope that going forward, losing back-ups would hurt because they were young and lower cost soon to be starters (ie Groy) rather than relatively expensive back-ups that are past their prime.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Wish him the very best. Everyone loves seeing this type of class from a player and that's why he will be considered a Ram forever in my book.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I liked Sims and Hayes.
Goes to show how horrendous the Rams must have been overall when the 5th and 6th Dlinemen, playing as back-ups to 4 high 1st round picks (most of the time) on a sub-500 team are considered big losses.

TBH not sure how good a coach Waufle. He had players. He would have had to be lousy to fail with them.

I sure hope that going forward, losing back-ups would hurt because they were young and lower cost soon to be starters (ie Groy) rather than relatively expensive back-ups that are past their prime.
Yeah, I'm deferring to Phillips assessment of their abilities here.

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
Nice wonderful sentiment. Such class from a player, where usually there is none from most in the NFL. Good player, I just don't think he fit the scheme well. He's really a 4-3 End. Where would he fit as a 3-4 player?

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
You had me at Eugene

image.jpeg

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Nice gesture. Thanks for the memories and best of luck Eugene.