ESPN predicts Rams' 53-man roster

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Both good predictions, now I am a little surprised at ESPN, looks like somebody has been paying attention. Not surprised @Memento , he always does a good job!

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The author of the article in the OP is Lindsey Thiry who was hired by ESPN to cover the Rams, so she should know what she's talking about.
**************************************************************************************
https://espnmediazone.com/us/press-...ez-moves-into-a-new-multimedia-reporter-role/

ESPN Hires Lindsey Thiry to Cover Los Angeles Rams as Alden Gonzalez Moves into a New Multimedia Reporter Role
By Bill Hofheimer /May 17, 2018

erGHBjdF_400x400.jpg

ESPN has hired reporter Lindsey Thiry to cover the Los Angeles Rams, while former NFL Nation team reporter Alden Gonzalez moves into a new multimedia reporter role.

Thiry joins ESPN from the Los Angeles Times where she worked as a multimedia sports reporter the past four years, covering the Rams, Dodgers, Lakers, USC and UCLA. Thiry’s versatility was evident as she wrote regularly for the print and digital editions, while also producing daily videos and podcasts. She won an Associated Press Sports Editors’ award for a short video in 2016.

Before joining the Times, Thiry covered college football and recruiting for Scout.com, and appeared on Fox Sports 1, Fox Sports West and Spectrum SportsNet. The Seattle native graduated from the University of Washington where she was a member of the Huskies’ 2005 National Champion women’s volleyball team.

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
Here's my 53 man roster (and practice squad):

QB - Jared Goff, Robert Griffin III. (Yes, I expect us to sign RG3 to our roster once he's cut by the Ravens. Sue me. :p That does mean that Allen and Mannion are gone, but I don't think that it's a big loss.)

RB - Todd Gurley, John Kelly, Malcolm Brown, Justin Davis. (Davis, in spite of his injuries, is a keeper. The others aren't a surprise.)

WR - Brandin Cooks, Robert Woods, Cooper Kupp, Pharoh Cooper, Josh Reynolds, Mike Thomas, KhaDarel Hodge. (Here all your receivers are belong to us. ;) Seriously, though, Hodge cannot fall to the practice squad; he won't get there. At the same time, I don't want to cut our other receivers in Cooper, who is an All-Pro returner, Reynolds, who has rare size and speed, and Thomas, who is arguably the best gunner in the league.)

TE - Gerald Everett, Tyler Higbee, Henry Krieger-Coble. (I did not include Mundt because of size/injuries, Hemingway because of ineffectiveness, and McElroy because he's basically a glorified receiver and not a blocker like we need. At the same time, I expect us to scour the tight end market because Everett is not going to be enough.)

OL - Andrew Whitworth, Rodger Saffold, John Sullivan, Jamon Brown, Rob Havenstein, Austin Blythe, Joseph Noteboom, Brian Allen, Jamil Demby. (The usual suspects here. I think that either Darrell Williams or Cornelius Lucas will be on the roster when Brown is inactive.)

DL - Aaron Donald, Michael Brockers, Ndamukong Suh, Ethan Westbrooks, John Franklin-Myers. (I realize that it's light, but at the same time, I expect JFM and Westbrooks to be solid players, and it's not like we need a nose tackle often.)

LB - Samson Ebukam, Matt Longacre, Mark Barron, Cory Littleton, Ejuan Price, Justin Lawler, Trevon Young, Ramik Wilson, Micah Kiser, Bryce Hager. (Price, Lawler, and Young bring an infusion of youth to the linebacking corps. Wilson and Hager - as much as I hate to admit that I was wrong - have earned a spot over Scales and Howard.)

DB - Marcus Peters, Aqib Talib, Lamarcus Joyner, John Johnson III, Nickell Robey-Coleman, Sam Shields, Troy Hill, Dominique Hatfield, Marqui Christian, Blake Countess. (I fully expect Countess, Hatfield, and/or Hill to be replaced by another defensive back on another roster. At the time, I don't know whom will be available. The others are fairly obvious. Christian could be Joyner's replacement in a year or so.)

ST - Greg Zuerlein, Johnny Hekker, Jake McQuaide. (No-brainers for our three All-Pro players.)

Practice Sqaud - Tegray Scales (LB), Travin Howard (LB/S), Ramon Richards (CB/FS/SS), Afolabi Laguda (FS/SS), Sebastian Joseph-Day (NT), Omarius Bryant (NT), Jake Eldrenkamp (OG/OC) Luis Perez (QB), Codey McElroy (WR/TE), JoJo Natson (KR/PR).

(I desperately want to keep all of the first fve, as both Scales and Howard are promising, Laguda has racked up a ton of tackles, Richards is a solid defensive back, and Joseph-Day is a solid nose tackle. Bryant is a good pass-rushing nose tackle. The others are mainly positions that need to be filled occasionally. McElroy is basically a big wide receiver in a tight end's body. I don't think that there's too much potential, but it wouldn't hurt to give him a spot. I think that they're not playing Perez because they want to send him down to the practice squad. Eldrenkamp's spot has been taken by Blythe and Allen, but he's still a useful player to have, and is better than Aaron Neary. Natson could be used as a returnman, but honestly, I thought that he looked very underwhelming in the last two games. He's probably the least valuable member of the practice squad, and should be replaceable.)

Thoughts, comments, and critiques are welcome! Thank you for reading this giant wall of text!

Really like your roster prediction!

Rams43

Hall of Fame

QB - Jared Goff, Robert Griffin III. (Yes, I expect us to sign RG3 to our roster once he's cut by the Ravens. Sue me. :p That does mean that Allen and Mannion are gone, but I don't think that it's a big loss.)

RB - Todd Gurley, John Kelly, Malcolm Brown, Justin Davis. (Davis, in spite of his injuries, is a keeper. The others aren't a surprise.)

WR - Brandin Cooks, Robert Woods, Cooper Kupp, Pharoh Cooper, Josh Reynolds, Mike Thomas, KhaDarel Hodge. (Here all your receivers are belong to us. ;) Seriously, though, Hodge cannot fall to the practice squad; he won't get there. At the same time, I don't want to cut our other receivers in Cooper, who is an All-Pro returner, Reynolds, who has rare size and speed, and Thomas, who is arguably the best gunner in the league.)

TE - Gerald Everett, Tyler Higbee, Henry Krieger-Coble. (I did not include Mundt because of size/injuries, Hemingway because of ineffectiveness, and McElroy because he's basically a glorified receiver and not a blocker like we need. At the same time, I expect us to scour the tight end market because Everett is not going to be enough.)

OL - Andrew Whitworth, Rodger Saffold, John Sullivan, Jamon Brown, Rob Havenstein, Austin Blythe, Joseph Noteboom, Brian Allen, Jamil Demby. (The usual suspects here. I think that either Darrell Williams or Cornelius Lucas will be on the roster when Brown is inactive.)

DL - Aaron Donald, Michael Brockers, Ndamukong Suh, Ethan Westbrooks, John Franklin-Myers. (I realize that it's light, but at the same time, I expect JFM and Westbrooks to be solid players, and it's not like we need a nose tackle often.)

LB - Samson Ebukam, Matt Longacre, Mark Barron, Cory Littleton, Ejuan Price, Justin Lawler, Trevon Young, Ramik Wilson, Micah Kiser, Bryce Hager. (Price, Lawler, and Young bring an infusion of youth to the linebacking corps. Wilson and Hager - as much as I hate to admit that I was wrong - have earned a spot over Scales and Howard.)

DB - Marcus Peters, Aqib Talib, Lamarcus Joyner, John Johnson III, Nickell Robey-Coleman, Sam Shields, Troy Hill, Dominique Hatfield, Marqui Christian, Blake Countess. (I fully expect Countess, Hatfield, and/or Hill to be replaced by another defensive back on another roster. At the time, I don't know whom will be available. The others are fairly obvious. Christian could be Joyner's replacement in a year or so.)

ST - Greg Zuerlein, Johnny Hekker, Jake McQuaide. (No-brainers for our three All-Pro players.)

Practice Sqaud - Tegray Scales (LB), Travin Howard (LB/S), Ramon Richards (CB/FS/SS), Afolabi Laguda (FS/SS), Sebastian Joseph-Day (NT), Omarius Bryant (NT), Jake Eldrenkamp (OG/OC) Luis Perez (QB), Codey McElroy (WR/TE), JoJo Natson (KR/PR).

(I desperately want to keep all of the first fve, as both Scales and Howard are promising, Laguda has racked up a ton of tackles, Richards is a solid defensive back, and Joseph-Day is a solid nose tackle. Bryant is a good pass-rushing nose tackle. The others are mainly positions that need to be filled occasionally. McElroy is basically a big wide receiver in a tight end's body. I don't think that there's too much potential, but it wouldn't hurt to give him a spot. I think that they're not playing Perez because they want to send him down to the practice squad. Eldrenkamp's spot has been taken by Blythe and Allen, but he's still a useful player to have, and is better than Aaron Neary. Natson could be used as a returnman, but honestly, I thought that he looked very underwhelming in the last two games. He's probably the least valuable member of the practice squad, and should be replaceable.)

Thoughts, comments, and critiques are welcome! Thank you for reading this giant wall of text!

I love your 53, Memento! Best I’ve seen, actually.

Kudos for thinking outside the box with RG3. Our current Mannion/Allen situation is intolerable.

I also particularly resonate with your TE take. Rumors about Everett’s poor work ethic is troubling enough without Hemingway pissing me off every game. Don’t know if Krieger-Coble or Mundt slips in as #3, or not. Maybe an outsider after final cuts? I’m really bummed about our TE corps, tbh.

I pretty much agree with all your other projections.

Great job. You may take a bow, now. Lol.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Not big on a few of the players you like. I don’t see much outside the box.

fearsomefour

Legend
Good God, Bobby freakin Hart? At RT? The Bengals are in serious trouble, Cedric Ogbuehi, the ultimate bust...Agreed that Williams is better than Hart.
If Williams is cut he will quickly be signed somewhere else I think. He flashed ability at LT. Such is the state of depth in the NFL.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
I love your 53, Memento! Best I’ve seen, actually.

Kudos for thinking outside the box with RG3. Our current Mannion/Allen situation is intolerable.

I also particularly resonate with your TE take. Rumors about Everett’s poor work ethic is troubling enough without Hemingway pissing me off every game. Don’t know if Krieger-Coble or Mundt slips in as #3, or not. Maybe an outsider after final cuts? I’m really bummed about our TE corps, tbh.

I pretty much agree with all your other projections.

Great job. You may take a bow, now. Lol.

what rumors?

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
If Williams is cut he will quickly be signed somewhere else I think. He flashed ability at LT. Such is the state of depth in the NFL.

i once thought no, but now Williams has done a nice job playing RT so you're absolutely correct, he would be claimed quickly, however, I believe the Rams will keep him now and Lucas could be the one released.

dang

Legend
The author of the article in the OP is Lindsey Thiry who was hired by ESPN to cover the Rams, so she should know what she's talking about.
**************************************************************************************
https://espnmediazone.com/us/press-...ez-moves-into-a-new-multimedia-reporter-role/

ESPN Hires Lindsey Thiry to Cover Los Angeles Rams as Alden Gonzalez Moves into a New Multimedia Reporter Role
By Bill Hofheimer /May 17, 2018

erGHBjdF_400x400.jpg

ESPN has hired reporter Lindsey Thiry to cover the Los Angeles Rams, while former NFL Nation team reporter Alden Gonzalez moves into a new multimedia reporter role.

Thiry joins ESPN from the Los Angeles Times where she worked as a multimedia sports reporter the past four years, covering the Rams, Dodgers, Lakers, USC and UCLA. Thiry’s versatility was evident as she wrote regularly for the print and digital editions, while also producing daily videos and podcasts. She won an Associated Press Sports Editors’ award for a short video in 2016.

Before joining the Times, Thiry covered college football and recruiting for Scout.com, and appeared on Fox Sports 1, Fox Sports West and Spectrum SportsNet. The Seattle native graduated from the University of Washington where she was a member of the Huskies’ 2005 National Champion women’s volleyball team.
Female ...check
Blonde ...check
Nice teeth ...check
Swipe Right

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wow, an ESPN writer that really did some homework.
Well, it's been a while since Dani (we all liked Dani) had to, chose to, or, was forced to hit the road. That being said, Lindsey is more than up to the task to represent our somewhat small female sector of insider football reporting.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Not big on a few of the players you like. I don’t see much outside the box.

Okay. That's fair. :) If you can clarify what you like/dislike, I'll be very happy. Constructive critique is the best tool for people. :D

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
No on 3 QBs not sure who #2 is.

I think it's basically Allen's job to lose now, given the way Mannion has played. So it's not a mistake that he'll start game 4 and if he plays well it's over. If he stinks it up, well, I guess Mannion will get the job by default.

Just a huge disappointment of a position battle. I really expected both those guys to be sharper what with this staff coaching them up.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Okay. That's fair. :) If you can clarify what you like/dislike, I'll be very happy. Constructive critique is the best tool for people. :D

What Inlike is the offseason moves. Getting rid of the Fisher/Snead & contracts.

Adding Suh,Talib,Peters,Cooks, & all the draft picks .

Will see, I think Donald & Barron might not be there best early, but there a Ram Players getting excellent reps.

Build off last season.

RamFanInPC

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
After watching that game last night I say:
QB 2, Allen is released in Perez gets PS
RB same
WR Same
TE Add Mundt (Hemmingway gets to stay as he played a lot of ST)
OL Lucas is cut Williams stays
DL Same
ILB Same
OLB Young might get in here
DB Same
PS Perez Hodge SJD Scales Parker Natson Howard McElroy Eldrenkamp

TexasRam

Legend
i have Muntz, Eldrenkamp and Williams making it. Lucas gone.

Davis may make it over Brown, with Kelly rising to #2.