Espn nfl mock draft. Nick Wagoner

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jjab360

Legend
It was a good pick, solid reasoning and very likely. Peat has become underrated leading up to the draft because of his "toughness", whatever the hell that means. From what I've seen he's a very good pass protector and run blocker and the best OT in this class. Collins is very good too, but he wasn't really tested in pass protection in the games I saw due to a heavy run scheme and doesn't have Peat's length, feet, and lower body strength. Flowers is laughably raw and Scherff is too stiff to ever play on the outside.

Devante Parker, Todd Gurley, and Bud Dupree would be my main non-OL options, but if you have them rated around the same area as Peat you have to go with the much bigger need, so Wagoner's rationale makes sense.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
Does anyone think Fish would be willing to move back on his claim that Robinson is "entrenched in the LT spot?" Imo GRob can be an All Pro caliber guard. Peat and GRob would be a formidable left side

V3

Hall of Fame
Does anyone think Fish would be willing to move back on his claim that Robinson is "entrenched in the LT spot?" Imo GRob can be an All Pro caliber guard. Peat and GRob would be a formidable left side
I'm so glad the Rams spent the 2nd overall pick on a guard!

It'll never happen because the Rams don't want to admit that.

RamBill

Legend
Peter Schrager ‏@PSchrags

Andrus Peat will be off the board by 15. Told by multiple teams he may be the most NFL-ready left tackle in this draft.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Interesting question, what happens to GRob if the Rams take Peat? If anything!

RamBill

Legend
On taking Andrus Peat for Rams in NFL Nation mock draft
By Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-rams/post/_/id/17962/on-taking-andrus-peat-in-nfl-nation-mock-draft

BRISTOL, Conn. -- For those who don't have access to television during the day, our 32 ESPN NFL Nation reporters are here at headquarters this week for meetings and to do the first-ever televised NFL Nation mock draft.

We went through the picks on ESPN Monday afternoon, and with the 10th pick in the draft I chose Stanford offensive tackle Andrus Peat for the St. Louis Rams. First, to be clear, I made that selection based on what I think the Rams would do in the scenario that was in front of me, not based on what I would do if I was making the choice.

Just to reset before explaining why I went with Peat, here are the nine players who went before the Rams came on the clock: Jameis Winston, Marcus Mariota, Leonard Williams, Amari Cooper, Dante Fowler Jr., Kevin White, Brandon Scherff, Vic Beasley and Ereck Flowers.

With the top two quarterbacks, top two receivers and Scherff off the board, it's my belief the Rams would be looking at this situation as choosing between Peat, Missouri defensive end Shane Ray, Louisville receiver DeVante Parker and Georgia running back Todd Gurley.

For what it's worth, trades are not an option in this mock so I couldn't move down, which is another avenue the Rams would surely consider in this scenario. But that begs the question that if the value isn't that good for the Rams for any players here, then what player would be enough for a team to want to move up and give up valuable picks to do it? It's always possible, sure, but the reality is that the 10th spot isn't a great one to have this year.

So here's my line of thinking on going with Peat over the others I mentioned: In the given situation, it's entirely possible that a guy like Ray or Parker or Gurley will be rated higher on the Rams' board. As a general rule, you don't stray from your board in search of need. But I don't think the difference between Peat and Parker, for example, would be enough for the Rams to ignore the need. In other words, the need for help on the offensive line could bridge the gap between the value of the two players.

Peat has some work to do, and I wonder if his lack of mean streak concerns the Rams. But he comes from a power-run-heavy offense at Stanford not much different than what the Rams run. Peat is a polished pass protector but still comes with the type of upside the Rams seem to lean toward on draft day.

And there's no denying the Rams like Peat. He came on a pre-draft visit and they've spent plenty of time scouting him. He's one of many offensive linemen who have come through Rams Park, which makes it hard to know who they like the most. If Scherff fell the Rams would undoubtedly have interest, and Flowers would also likely be in the discussion if he makes it to No. 10.

After having conversations with scouts around the league, there's a strong belief that Peat is being undervalued in the media mock drafts versus how teams view him, so this range is just about right for him. It's certainly not sexy, and drafting Peat isn't the perfect marriage of value and need, but it's close enough for the Rams to make the move if this scenario played out Thursday night.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame

I still think ultimately Robinson's would be better off at RT, if G was never an option.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I think Peat would be an upgrade over Barks. And if Peat allows us to get Mathis in a post draft trade, then great.

V3

Hall of Fame
?
Did t he play some guard last year
He played some there but that was because they wanted to ease him into the NFL. He wasn't ready to play LT in the NFL which is why it took like 6 weeks just for him to play.

What I was saying in my first post was that it would be a major disappointment if they had to move GRob to OG permanently because he couldn't handle LT. I don't think the Rams would do that unless it was painfully obvious that it wasn't working at LT.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
He played some there but that was because they wanted to ease him into the NFL. He wasn't ready to play LT in the NFL which is why it took like 6 weeks just for him to play.

What I was saying in my first post was that it would be a major disappointment if they had to move GRob to OG permanently because he couldn't handle LT. I don't think the Rams would do that unless it was painfully obvious that it wasn't working at LT.

Yes it would be a disappointment if that were the case
Don't see the pick being Peat