ESPN changes confusing graphic mid game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

dpjax

Starter
Camp Reporter
I listened to the second half on the radio so didn't see the change but every time that yellow flash caught my eye I kept saying to myself, they'll have to change that.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
This is why ESPN doesn't employ me... I'd change it to something even more irritating mid-game like hot pink. Just because. :p

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
That shit was confusing the hell out of me too. They obviously have some real geniuses making decisions there at BSPN. My lord.

Q729

Legend
Lol that's funny. I didn't even notice the change back. I even commented about its annoyance during the game thread. Guess I learned to ignore it.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
This is why ESPN doesn't employ me... I'd change it to something even more irritating mid-game like hot pink. Just because. :p

Yeah, that, Merlin, along with your complete and utter lack of media skills.

But other than than, Merlin, you would be a model employee.

:ROFLMAO:Love, ya brotha’!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
This was bothering me too!

View: https://twitter.com/DubDotDUBBY/status/1171223197322285056?s=20

I was kind of half watching and every time I looked up, I thought there was a flag.

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
Penalty flags are yellow. The color used was green. I don't understand the confusion.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Penalty flags are yellow. The color used was green. I don't understand the confusion.
It was chartreuse so it appeared yellow on about half the TVs in the bar and was close enough on the others to look like penalty yellow. And clearly they wouldn't have changed it if it wasn't a problem.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It was chartreuse so it appeared yellow on about half the TVs in the bar and was close enough on the others to look like penalty yellow. And clearly they wouldn't have changed it if it wasn't a problem.

Agree. It looked yellow on my screens (more than one TV).

Mister Sin

Formally Known as Juggs
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Sin
I’m glad I wasn’t the only one that kept thinking a damn penalty had happened. Lol who the fuck chooses like green as the color? Lol

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
Chartreuse?o_O

So WTH is it, I had to look it up.

Chartreuse is a shade between the colors green and yellow, but it is typically considered a sub-category of the color green. The color was named after a French liqueur called “chartreuse” which has a greenish-yellow hue. The liqueur was first produced in 1605 by the Carthusian monks of France, but likely not marketed to the public until the 1730s. The name of this drink was first used as a color name in the year 1884 when it was mentioned in a British fashion newspaper. During the late 1800’s silk and velvet fabrics were being produced in chartreuse and used to make such stylish items as feather fans, gowns, purses, shoes, and hats. In the roaring 1920s, chartreuse was a very popular choice for dresses because of its bold and rebellious nature. Chartreuse resurged in the late 1950s as a common color choice for clothing and furniture. In the 1960’s, its boldness appealed to young people.
chartreuse-color-chart-1.jpg

Chartreuse represents enthusiasm, happiness, nature, growth, and youth. Like standard green, chartreuse is associated with the liveliness and the blossoming of spring. Unlike deeper shades of green, chartreuse is rarely associated with calm and relaxation. It’s seen as a highly energetic color and is great for inspiration and motivation. It helps with focus, concentration, and creativity. People who like chartreuse are energetic and creative above all else! Their enthusiasm and positivity make them lovable, and they make friends easily. Chartreuse lovers enjoy challenges and seek adventure. On the negative side, people who gravitate to chartreuse struggle to find balance in their lives. They are caught between the calmness green offers and the excitement of yellow. This struggle can cause them to have high-levels of anxiety.

Last edited:

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sorry, guys. It didn't bother me at all.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
It was pure yellow on my end... and I just upgraded my main screen about 1 month ago from a 75" to an 82". Super new... so it wasn't on my end.

Poor decision big time to use any color that even resembled yellow.