Ernest Jones Interview (try to wrap head around he's only 22 years old)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dang

Legend
Earnest Jones. Greg Gaines. Jordan Fuller. Cam Akers. David Long? Robert Rochelle? Van Jefferson? Who did I miss. The future of the Rams is now.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Earnest Jones. Greg Gaines. Jordan Fuller. Cam Akers. David Long? Robert Rochelle? Van Jefferson? Who did I miss. The future of the Rams is now.

Didn't get much play this year, but I'm hoping 21 year old Bobby Brown will step up in a rotational role for 2022 with the likely departure of SJD.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Crazy. We still don't know this kid's ceiling, but I'm excited about his play so far.
Monster game in the SB as a ROOKIE LB. I'm ok with the other ILB's we have but this kid has a definite future here.
6'2, 260, hits like a truck, makes PB's & INT's in coverage, TFL's & 1 sack in the SB.
Lessens the need to get an ILB, & we may have to use a high pick to get an OLB to replace V.Miller, but here's hoping he runs it back with us. A D with this kid, AD, VM, Flo, ARob, Ramsey, Fuller, GG, man oh man, and a DC who's staying (Morris)....
2022 season can't get here fast enough lol.

MachS

Hall of Fame
This kid excites the shit out of me. Was very impressed by his maturity post-draft in all his interviews but learning how Snead loved his leadership qualities, it makes sense why this kid has been able to handle all the pressure as a rookie. He's very talented and I expect him to have a monster year next year. There's a reason why Reeder rode the bench as soon as Ernest was back healthy for the Super Bowl. And he played a truly amazing game.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Crazy. We still don't know this kid's ceiling, but I'm excited about his play so far.
Monster game in the SB as a ROOKIE LB. I'm ok with the other ILB's we have but this kid has a definite future here.
6'2, 260, hits like a truck, makes PB's & INT's in coverage, TFL's & 1 sack in the SB.
Lessens the need to get an ILB, & we may have to use a high pick to get an OLB to replace V.Miller, but here's hoping he runs it back with us. A D with this kid, AD, VM, Flo, ARob, Ramsey, Fuller, GG, man oh man, and a DC who's staying (Morris)....

6'2, 230 ... and still hits like a truck.
I'd be surprised if the Rams relied on a draft pick to replace Von Miller if it became necessary, more likely imo it would be someone else in free agency.
jmo.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
It's really impressive to see him build as the season went on and to finish as our starting ILB as we hoped he would. This isn't some guy forced into the position because they drafted him. He was ready and played well even though I am sure he still doesn't have the total grasp he should have next year after another camp.

Just a really nice mix of abilities. Good range. Good drops. Tenacious in the box. This guy is already one of my favorite players on a roster full of them.

dang

Legend
6'2, 230 ... and still hits like a truck.
I'd be surprised if the Rams relied on a draft pick to replace Von Miller if it became necessary, more likely imo it would be someone else in free agency.
jmo.
‘Hey Les, Do you still have my number?’ - Dante Fowler.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
It's really impressive to see him build as the season went on and to finish as our starting ILB as we hoped he would. This isn't some guy forced into the position because they drafted him. He was ready and played well even though I am sure he still doesn't have the total grasp he should have next year after another camp.

Just a really nice mix of abilities. Good range. Good drops. Tenacious in the box. This guy is already one of my favorite players on a roster full of them.
Ernest is one of my favorites too. Somewhat underestimated coming out of college, but one of those good at a lot of things types.

Rome interview was a good listen. Dude has a good head on his shoulders. That’s why he’s where he’s at.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
The humility and maturity of Ernest Jones is amazing. We could be looking at a green dot player for years to come!

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was not a fan of the Ernest Jones pick because I thought he was a little small (230 lbs) for an inside linebacker. But Snead obviously knew what he was getting. Contrast that with the Tutu pick, which I'm sure was McVay's choice. Snead just has a knack for identifying football players. Besides the draft picks, even the guys he's traded for have worked out... Whit, Woods, Ramsey, etc.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

i liked it when he explained how he changed his rush technique when he saw mixon come after him. he's got a good head on his shoulders.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I was not a fan of the Ernest Jones pick because I thought he was a little small (230 lbs) for an inside linebacker. But Snead obviously knew what he was getting. Contrast that with the Tutu pick, which I'm sure was McVay's choice. Snead just has a knack for identifying football players. Besides the draft picks, even the guys he's traded for have worked out... Whit, Woods, Ramsey, etc.

WHAT ??

VERY WRONG EXAMPLES!!

Whitworth & Woids we’re Sean Mcvay’s first players when he became The Rams HC. There also was that RB from Dallas that Mcvay wanted & was a pure bust.

Les Snead was never a RB’s guy when it came to have a cowbell type. He was a Todd Gurley & not much else.Pick up a RB late in the draft to develop.
I think since Then Les Snead has learned a lesson & this season he played his cards right & works well with Mcvay.
Go look at Seattle & Les Snead has always had a good eye for mlb’s.(Bobby Wagner), Ogletree was a guy he worked the draft board well,but with Fisher he got burned.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I like this new rule with the practice squad guys. Real makes a difference for The Rams development of players.

I think The Rams got stripped late with Juju. There were a couple others I think that might have got claimed as well.

I think Ernest Brown is going to be missed? Bobby Brown is going to & will step up next season. He is only 21 years old at 6’4 320. I think Bobby Brown is like Michael Brockers was when he became a Ram out of The SEC. Probably Brown was the youngest ever defensive player off the year out of the SEC.

Les Snead does find value & talent in the draft.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
These are just a few ransoms that come to mind of Les Sneads body of work.

To get a draft pick & franchise a player ? Not sure if all that happened,but he was a heck of a Ram.

JYB

Starter
Are you sure he's 260 pounds? He looks awfully lean to be 260.