Eric Weddle on The Rich Eisen show

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

oldnotdead

Legend
I got to see him all during his years at SD. I along with others were shocked and angry when they let him go. It's what the Charger organization is all about. No respect or gratitude for the guys who sacrifice all for them. LT, Seau, Rodney Harrison, Weddle and a huge list of other players they simply discard not seeing that they have more in the tank. That is why LT was so bitter for so long.

It's why when I compare how the Rams treat their team, it's simply night and day. The Chargers have to overpay to get veteran FA's. Vets want to come to the Rams and are willing to take less like Suh and Weddle. Why? It's because of the team culture fostered by the coaches and FO. They understand if you take care of your guys they will play lights out for you. Look at how both Nickell and Marcus have cleaned up their game. They know they were playing themselves off a premier franchise where their spot would not be hard to fill.

Weddle would be an outstanding coach and I hope they make room for him when his playing days are over. Besides he's a SoCal boy born and raised in Fontana. He's said more than once how he wants to help his fellow safeties reach that next level. Rapp and Johnson couldn't have a better mentor.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Don't leave out Clay Matthews. Between McVay and Wade as coaches and being in LA, he said LA was his ONLY choice when leaving GB...

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
I just love how he referred to last year's defense as "we" and owned the problems that group experienced as if he were part of it too. Much respect for that.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I just love how he referred to last year's defense as "we" and owned the problems that group experienced as if he were part of it too. Much respect for that.
That was the one thing I noticed. He really is a carbon copy of McVay. You can hear it when he speaks. Such an intelligent dude.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
He is! His name is Taylor Rapp !! :p
Ha! Love that. Rapp is quickly becoming a fan favorite. It’s cool. My nephew is Chinese-American like him and basically plays the same position in high school, -a linebacker/rover role, so he is kind of an inspiration. We are Irish so my sister calls her kids “Chirish” Maybe it’s not too late to get that kid to drop the Eagles and become a Rams fan. :sneaky: