Eric Reid signs with Carolina

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I guess that the 49ers were also looking into re-signing him.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
That's a good signing. He's young and has skill. They probably also got him on the cheap since it's during the season.

If I thought Joyner were better in coverage, I'd have advocated that we sign him.

That said, we're thinner at CB and still pretty thick at S.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Dammit, dammit, dammit I was hoping the Rams picked him up but didn't post anything about it because of the "issue". Having too many guys with skill in the defensive backfield is fine with me.

They probably also got him on the cheap since it's during the season.

Well.........that might be a part of it.

This guy can play and will help the Panthers defense.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Nice swoop from the Panthers away from the Whiners and right when the Iggles confirmed McLeod on the IR

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Nice swoop from the Panthers away from the Whiners and right when the Iggles confirmed McLeod on the IR

So many damn good GMs now...

I dunno of the overall FO/HC talent level has ever been this high in the NFL.

Even with all the stuff, I find the entire league compelling for the first time in a REALLY long time.

I mean, I'm EXCITED to watch Cleveland...and Miami and a host of other teams.

I'm hoping the Rams blow out the Vikings because my stomach as been in nervous knots for the last 4 weeks.

A solid win tonight and I think I'll be able to calm down...at least until Week 8 against the Packers at home and then Week 9 against the Saints in NO.

Also, I hope the Rams after the Seahawk game in Week 10 head straight to Mexico City because it's at 7350 ft elevation which is more than 2 thousand feet higher than Denver, which gives teams tons of problems.

So, hopefully they go early since air travel dehydrates and they can get acclimated to the altitude. The combination can have guys being super dehydrated as well as oxygen deprived. Going immediately to 7k+ feet will give some people altitude sickness and even a mild case can significantly impair mental function.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
I’d be surprised if they didn’t, but with Jimmy G down, I dunno if they make that move.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Should have happened sooner for the dude but I'm glad common sense prevailed

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think SF may trade for Bell.
That would put a twist in my undies.

And what makes you think that Bell would report until late in the season?

He wants as little contact as possible while still getting credit for the season - he doesn't want to risk injury or wear and tear until he gets a long term contract with a whole bunch guaranteed. But the 49ers can't give him a new contract until after the season.

So basically it would be Garapallo all over - get a few games, and then have to sign him to a ginormous contract or risk losing him.

Not that I mind potential free agents getting their way with San Fran.

fearsomefour

Legend
And what makes you think that Bell would report until late in the season?

He wants as little contact as possible while still getting credit for the season - he doesn't want to risk injury or wear and tear until he gets a long term contract with a whole bunch guaranteed. But the 49ers can't give him a new contract until after the season.

So basically it would be Garapallo all over - get a few games, and then have to sign him to a ginormous contract or risk losing him.

Not that I mind potential free agents getting their way with San Fran.
Im talking long term.
They can afford him and he certainly is an upgrade over what they have.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Im talking long term.
They can afford him and he certainly is an upgrade over what they have.

I'm not panicked. The Steelers won't just give him away, so he'll take a fairly high pick or picks. Then to get him to actually sign with them he'll require an enormous contract with a bunch of guaranteed money. Add in a number of his current teammates don't like him, and that he has the drug history. He'll be good at times but I think there is a real chance that whoever gets him will end up disappointed, at least a bit.

Ram65

Legend
Good for Eric Reid. Teams waited too long for a good safety.

Why trade for Bell when he will be a free agent next year?

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I'm not panicked. The Steelers won't just give him away, so he'll take a fairly high pick or picks. Then to get him to actually sign with them he'll require an enormous contract with a bunch of guaranteed money. Add in a number of his current teammates don't like him, and that he has the drug history. He'll be good at times but I think there is a real chance that whoever gets him will end up disappointed, at least a bit.

The trade value for a player that has missed time in two seasons because of drug test suspensions, missed games because of injuries in two seasons and is holding out for the highest contract ever awarded to a RB is probably not very high.

He could be making 14MIL this year and solidifying his value.

Instead he's pouting about the Steelers being sensible about the risk he carries.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The trade value for a player that has missed time in two seasons because of drug test suspensions, missed games because of injuries in two seasons and is holding out for the highest contract ever awarded to a RB is probably not very high.

Since they would get a third round comp pick for him, that's the starting point - and since he'll play for them late in the season, and they still have some sort of playoff hopes, that has value.

I'm guessing a second, maybe with a low round pick going back.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Since they would get a third round comp pick for him, that's the starting point - and since he'll play for them late in the season, and they still have some sort of playoff hopes, that has value.

I'm guessing a second, maybe with a low round pick going back.

I think that's close, but I can see it being a little less too because of his history.

He and his agent are stoooopid.