Emotion is one thing that has me bugged

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
We got a little sidetracked but my main point with the OP was that the anger in this situation is to be expected. The hard part, as a human, is to be able to productively channel that into something positive over the course of just a few days. A week is a short time to have to ride the roller-coaster of emotions and prepare one's self mentally for the next match. And, as the adversity mounts it gets harder and harder. Winning is just more fun.
We're seeing that unfold first hand - yeah?

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The age old discussion about how best a head coach can motivate their players.

Personally, I like the composed ones.

But I believe there is no "one way" to get the players motivated.

Harbaugh: Enthusiastic to annoying levels - and wins
Tom Lamdry/Bill Bellichick: Statues who win/won

It's complicated.

Regarless of the "style" of the head coach, a few things must always be in place IMO:
1] Good teacher
2] Accountability
3] Adaptive

I think if a head coach has those qualities, regardless of whether he's a cheerleader or stoic rock, the players will respond.

Something's clearly lacking right now on the Rams. I suspect it has to do with one or more of the above being missing.

JMHO.

fastcat

Pro Bowler
I don't think its that simple. Each of us deals with adversity in a different way and at a different pace. I'm just now beginning to come around and it's already Thursday. It's been a disappointing trip thus far. I don't think any competitor is so completely devoid of emotional attachment regardless of how much they're paid. If they are, I'm worried. I hope the Ram players and coaches quickly compartmentalized the past, which can't be changed, and channel the pain into anger and a resolve work extra hard to beat the living crap out of the seabitches. As a human being, a week is precious little time to work through all of these emotions productively in the face of growing hardship. Go RAMS!!!!!

He's right people get over things differently... I still haven't got over a few high school football game we lost and I even day dream about them lol.