Elliot Harrison on GMFB, explains #2 Rams Ranking

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Elliot Harrison on his ranking of the Rams at #2 Overall position this week. He said:

"...they are all of our Rams right now because they are one of the best teams in the league.And you know with the Rams, the consistency they have shown on offense has been great, especially with Todd Gurley being the player we thought he was a couple of years ago. But when I look at the Rams, I'm really thinking more of the upside on the back half of the schedule. Their defense, until this past week, hadn't played that well under Wade Phillips. I think it's gonna to come around for them. I think they have more potential than almost any team on the list [power rankings]."

Well Mr Harrison, I mostly agree with you except I would say rhe defense has played well for the last 2.5 games, but why nitpick?

daY6Mge.jpg

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Well Mr Harrison, I mostly agree with you except I would say rhe defense has played well for the last 2.5 games, but why nitpick?
I agree with you except, I don't think this^ is " Nitpicking!(y);):D

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
I dont consider it nitpicking. Everyone here was extremely worried about our D the first 3 games. If it hadn't stepped up these last three games we'd be sporting a losing record. No way would we hang enough points to catch up to Jax and Ari if we didnt stop Fournette or Peterson. Bortles would have looked like Hoyer did in our second game. We also silenced Fitzgerald who is usually a headache for us. So thank god for the D.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Their best football is still ahead at this point. And they're 5-2. I mean damn.

What will it look like if/when it all comes together? Cards' game was a good look, but I take that with a grain of salt due to them knockin Palmer out. Playoffs gonna be fun dudes!

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I wanna nitpick. Including the second half of the cowboys game makes it 3.5 games.

TexasRam

Legend
Huge defensive adjustments since early in season:

Donald in game shape.
Smart in the middle.
Brockers to DE
Olgeltree used more in Blitzing role
Barron really learning gap assigment in new scheme, playing Pro Bowl ball.
Barwin and Quinn starting to pressure Qb’s and set the edge in run defense.
Webster back and healthy
Joyner back and healthy
JJ inserted over Alexander
Cody Davis stepping up game.
Countess starting to make plays

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I would love for them to be able to get a redo against Seattle and Washington.. Seattle especially. They would be 6-1. Probably 7-0

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
People keep talking about Gurley being back to how he was in his rookie year but he’s even better than that.

He was fairly boom or bust in his rookie year but he’s getting more consistent gains and that broken tackle in the backfield on Sunday which he then took in for the TD was incredible.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
People keep talking about Gurley being back to how he was in his rookie year but he’s even better than that.

He was fairly boom or bust in his rookie year but he’s getting more consistent gains and that broken tackle in the backfield on Sunday which he then took in for the TD was incredible.

Since you brought up that play, I think the much maligned Tavon Austin (I admit I have bagged on him at times) deserves a shout out. He made a helluva cut block on peterson. Without it, Gurley doesn't score.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
I agree, after looking up the numbers through the first 7 games of the season Gurley is close to the type of season David Johnson had last year. I mention Johnson because he was in the running for some awards last season. The biggest difference between the two is that Gurley's team is actually winning games.

Gurley- 627 rushing yards, 5 TD, 293 receiving yards, 3 TD
Johnson- 681 rushing, 8 TD, 323 receiving, 0 TD