Eli Apple suspended for detrimental conduct.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I saw that earlier.
Sounds like he may be done in The Big Apple.
I thought the "detrimental to the team" clause was interesting. I didn't know it existed.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
See Eli, that's what happens when you don't respect the four pillars.

Bang up job Spags. You're about to lose another locker room over your authoritarian coaching standards.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

Bang up job Spags. You're about to lose another locker room over your authoritarian coaching standards.

...but... we use blue font to indicate sarcasm...

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
The Giants really are a puddle of booty juice this year and I do think they have a familiar Spagnuolo stench to them

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

Apple was overdrafted. I never saw the first round talent. I am glad he is a Giant and not a Ram. I don't think Slags is the problem. That team seems to have some culture problems. Moving on from Apple in the Big Apple will be addition by subtraction.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Apple might be the guy I take a chance on he is a young corner was very good his rookie year. Probably can get him for like a 4-5th rounder I would do that and draft a corner if Tru walks

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Apple might be the guy I take a chance on he is a young corner was very good his rookie year. Probably can get him for like a 4-5th rounder I would do that and draft a corner if Tru walks

Apple is terrible as a player, and he has major off-the-field concerns surrounding him and his mother. He's probably going to be released from his contract because of his detrimental behavior, and I hope we don't take a chance on him.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
The Giants really are a puddle of booty juice this year

Guess I'm getting old
giphy.gif

Ants

Starter

Yeah...and the fact that even teammate Collins called Apple a cancer won't help you see the facts of the case. :thinking:

RamsVA

UDFA
Name
RamsVA
Apple is terrible as a player, and he has major off-the-field concerns surrounding him and his mother. He's probably going to be released from his contract because of his detrimental behavior, and I hope we don't take a chance on him.

No one knows the extent of the problem or the circumstances in NY. Obviously, other Giant's DBs have had their challenges too. The Rams need DBs (Tru's contract, Webster wasn't a starter in Denver and wasn't sought after by other teams, quality depth, etc.).

The Rams are experiencing an incredible turnaround in 2017, but we're also seeing how competitive a Garapolo-led team will be in the NFC-West. Jimmy G. and Kyle S. with an entire offseason to work together along with a boatload of draft picks could be a major headache for the resurgent Rams.

Rams already don't have a 2nd rounder in the 2018 draft (Watkins trade) which means they will have only one late 20's pick out of the first 90 or so (extending to the late 3rd round) drafted.

Absolutely, the Rams should do due diligence on Apple and trust Wade to make the right decision. But we all know where Apple will most likely end up; on the Cheatriots because that's the typical low-cost, high return deal Belicheat uses to remain on top of the AFC.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Yeah...and the fact that even teammate Collins called Apple a cancer won't help you see the facts of the case. :thinking:
I respect you stated your opinion, but 3 DBs have been suspended on the Giants. That's a culture problem created by management, that punishes instead of shows and teaches players how to act and be accountable to their teammates.

It's the old Spags do as I say or don't play. That's not a desirable characteristic of leadership.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Giants are a mess ..time to blow it up and start over . Crazy this team spent huge money on that defense last year, I thought they would win the east this season.
Browns or giants? Who would you choose to coach , sadly browns would be my choice because they have young guys not a bunch of over paid pre Madonnas.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I respect you stated your opinion, but 3 DBs have been suspended on the Giants. That's a culture problem created by management, that punishes instead of shows and teaches players how to act and be accountable to their teammates.

It's the old Spags do as I say or don't play. That's not a desirable characteristic of leadership.
Nailed it.
Adding to that was the country club that McAdoo ran for the offensive players. Just total turmoil all around there. What a mess

TSFH Fan

Epic Music Guy
It's that game time tweet thing that gets me. Yeah, college teammates, but wgaf -- not where his paycheck's coming from and not the sideline he was sitting on. I mean, dude said he knew and understood the League rule against using social media during a game but claims he made a mistake. Sure team culture and the lack thereof and his mom are big influences on him, but, to me, that tweet is on him.
Apple, the 10th overall pick in the 2016 NFL draft, was inactive for Sunday’s matchup with the rival Dallas Cowboys, his fourth straight game on the inactive list. . .
The right move for Apple in that situation seems to be to stay quiet and support his teammates however possible.

Apple’s decision? Retweet support for Cowboys running back Rod Smith after his 81-yard touchdown run against his teammates. During the game. A decision that breaks the NFL’s social media policy along with the boundaries of common sense.

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/re...tter-love-cowboys-rb-rod-smith-024655240.html
Here's what he retweeted -- been deleted:

View: https://twitter.com/11W/status/939970251948806144

More here: http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-considering-discipline-eli-apple-tweets-game

Having a mother who does the social media, talking to the media, and talk show circuit things sure doesn't help.
We already kind of knew Eli Apple’s mother was on her way to being one of the best moms in pro sports when she defended her son on Twitter from the anonymous scout who said he “can’t cook.”
Here’s another set of quotes that prove she’s amazing. After the New York Giants selected Apple with the 10th overall pick in the first round of Thursday’s 2016 NFL Draft (a perfect marriage of name and franchise, especially for tabloids), The Post spoke to Annie Apple, who said this of the cornerback:
“He’s like a black Eli Manning. The personality, his facial expressions, the whole nine.”
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/04/eli-apple-new-york-giants-black-eli-manning-mom

Eli's own half-brother, who may have his own agenda, says that their Mom is THE problem:

ELI APPLE'S BROTHER -- Eli's Not the Cancer'IT'S HIS F'ING MOM!!'

http://www.tmz.com/2017/12/27/eli-apple-cancer-annie-dane-blackson/

All that being said, I've never met the guy, I don't claim to know the guy and I'll trust those that earn the big bucks to make personnel decisions. But from where I'm at, the guy, and his surrounding drama, aren't exactly all that appealing.