Ej injury

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ajb44

Rookie
Name
Alex
Does anyone know why/when he got hurt or went off? I thought Michael Jordan was just in there to spell him for a play or two but played the whole game and the announcers later said EJ was off due to injury.

lordbannon

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I had assumed he had just been benched. Must have missed when they said he was hurt.

RamsFlash80

Pro Bowler
EJ doesnt look like the same player after that injury last year. If it wasnt for bad luck we wouldnt have any luck at all. :(

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
It was a quad injury. He came out in street clothes after going into the locker room.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
It was a quad injury. He came out in street clothes after going into the locker room.

Okay I think Troy Hill has learned his lesson, can we please activate him off the practice squad....Christ in the 90's even Chuck Knox knew enough to play CB Darryl Henley before he was carted to jail for drug trafficking.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I thought that UDFA rookie Mike Jordan was an upgrade @ outside right corner post. Any ongoing guessing at this point that EJ Gaines is the same as he was during the 2014 season is plain silly & a waste of time...fact is he is NOT. Its been evident since his return to the starting lineup after Coty Sensabaugh performance turned into a pile of toast crumbs. The first year UDFA Troy Hill also outplayed EJ Gaines.

EJ was handled with soft mittens in training camp & was eased into the practice field during the pre season too. Fisher was still holding EJ when the season began too hoping to see some of the old spark. When Sensabaugh went into fail mode Fisher had to insert EJ into starting lineup & hope for the best. If this is EJ's best then the future of this CB cadre is in deep :poop: in 2017. If Trumaine departs the two best outside Ram CB's will be 2nd season UDFA's. Will someone please tell me if this secondary is an improvement from the 2013 & 2014 seasons? The secondary is trending downward very fast with not much talent to rebuild on, Was this not one of Fisher's strong points.

whitedk57

Ram fan for life
Name
Duane
640x400-_RT31247.jpg

Kiss me, Tom!

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I thought that UDFA rookie Mike Jordan was an upgrade @ outside right corner post. Any ongoing guessing at this point that EJ Gaines is the same as he was during the 2014 season is plain silly & a waste of time...fact is he is NOT. Its been evident since his return to the starting lineup after Coty Sensabaugh performance turned into a pile of toast crumbs. The first year UDFA Troy Hill also outplayed EJ Gaines.

EJ was handled with soft mittens in training camp & was eased into the practice field during the pre season too. Fisher was still holding EJ when the season began too hoping to see some of the old spark. When Sensabaugh went into fail mode Fisher had to insert EJ into starting lineup & hope for the best. If this is EJ's best then the future of this CB cadre is in deep :poop: in 2017. If Trumaine departs the two best outside Ram CB's will be 2nd season UDFA's. Will someone please tell me if this secondary is an improvement from the 2013 & 2014 seasons? The secondary is trending downward very fast with not much talent to rebuild on, Was this not one of Fisher's strong points.
Jordan's name was called - in a good way - a few times on the PA. A lot of us in the stands snickered at "The pass was broken up by Michael Jordan" - a lot of "Wait, you mean the baseball player?"

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I have a friend that had a lisfranc injury. It's not an injury where you start rehabbing right away. In fact, your not doing anything for months. Except laying in bed. You can't put ANY weight on that foot. It is a tough road back to shape.
The fact that EJ played early this season is a good sign, but I doubt he's 100% just yet.

How long did we wait to finally see Barret Jones even get back on the field?

As @FRO stated. These injuries are often career killers.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Does anyone know why/when he got hurt or went off? I thought Michael Jordan was just in there to spell him for a play or two but played the whole game and the announcers later said EJ was off due to injury.
Feeling hurts

FRO

Legend
I have a friend that had a lisfranc injury. It's not an injury where you start rehabbing right away. In fact, your not doing anything for months. Except laying in bed. You can't put ANY weight on that foot. It is a tough road back to shape.
The fact that EJ played early this season is a good sign, but I doubt he's 100% just yet.

How long did we wait to finally see Barret Jones even get back on the field?

As @FRO stated. These injuries are often career killers.
Didn't Tony Horne suffer the same injury and it ended his career?

Psycho_X

Legend
With the way EJ has been playing and with the way Jordan looked yesterday I'd consider shutting Gaines done the rest of the year and just give him that much more time to work on rehabbing more from his injuries. Hopefully by next season he can get back to his previous self. Would let us get a better look at Jordan and any other fringe players we have currently since the season has officially hit the shitter and been flushed at this point.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame

We need to draft for the secondary in a bad way.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Didn't Tony Horne suffer the same injury and it ended his career?
I can't remember what happened to Horne, honestly.
All I know is I've been wanting a great return man since he's been gone.