Eddie Van Halen passes

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Just gutted.

I grew up on funk and R&B and mostly remember Ernie Isley... I liked KISS, but wasn't really an Ace Frehley fan, per se.

Then Eddie came along and all of a sudden, rock and roll was fun. It wasn't soft, but it wasn't the devil, either. And every guitar solo was an event... like Heavyweight Title Bouts were events back in the day.

Without Eddie, I dunno if I ever come to appreciate RATM, Living Colour or any of the likely hundreds of groups I really enjoy.

Fuck 2020. This bitch is just being spiteful now.

Is 2020 someone's ex? Cuz really wtf???

1maGoh

Hall of Fame

The best part about that was the look of absolute joy on his face while he was doing it.

I love the Van Halen songs I know, but I never got way into them to listen to all the non radio stuff. Being younger than the generation that grew up with them didn't help. But they were one of my favorites from that era, especially for bands you could listen to in front of normies.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
Man I saw the 1st show of Val Halen and when Eddie played Eruption was Off the Charts.

R.I.P Eddie.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
I saw Van Halen twice. Once on the Diver Down tour, Dave was drunk and forgot half the words. But we weren't there for Dave. And Eddie delivered. And then I saw the band on the 5150 tour. Eddie delivered there as well. I spent my 20s and 30s ritually getting "up" for whatever sport I was playing by playing Van Halen in 1 sorts or another before....and after. I guess the movie (IJ 4) was true when the star pointed out, they were at a point where life takes away, more than it gives. I hope it's not true. R.I.P. Eddie. You definitely made things better.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

Nice. I do some work at Presbyterian College down in Clinton SC, and there's a guy named Ricky who's pretty much their do-all guy there in terms of keeping the whole place running. Just a great, great guy. Short little heavy dude in his 40's, and he makes guitars out of solid wood in his spare time. He showed me a picture he made of Eddie's signature guitar and it looked awesome. I said, "Yeah, now if you could only play like him." He stopped and looked at me like I just called his mom a whore or something, and started scrolling through his phone and then showed me a video of him playing eruption on it.

TO THE NOTE, he played the whole thing. Blew my mind. I'll have to see if he can forward me the video next time I see him.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
Eruption Rocked and Eddie was always great on Gutair.

Only time I ever got upset going to a Van Halen concert was the 1 were Eddie decided to mostly play the dang keyboard for the concert.