Earl Thomas

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Wow the Ravens are taking a big hit in dead money by releasing him.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
What a tool he must be. 15 mil cap hit, after they released him today, a new team would have to pay 10M of his salary, if they picked him up, probably a tough gamble. I only see one team who would do this....Patriots.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Ravens took a chance on him (which didn’t seem like much of a chance at the time). He must have really burned the bridge with them to eat the cash. Sign of a team ready to move on.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Reports were that he freelances a lot and the fight started because the other safety was pissed about a blown coverage. Guess this was building and finally they other players had had enough.

If he’s a freelancer, no way he fits in with the Patriot Way.

I dunno their cap room, but the Browns still need a lot of help in their secondary.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Reports were that he freelances a lot and the fight started because the other safety was pissed about a blown coverage. Guess this was building and finally they other players had had enough.

I dunno their cap room, but the Browns still need a lot of help in their secondary.

I think it's even more than that. He apparently was late to meetings, not putting an effort into watching film, freelancing (as you said), and being a poor influence in the locker room. Fights at camp aren't rare, but fights among guys in the same position group are. Think the Ravens saw him as a guy who wasn't setting the right example for young players (in addition to pissing off teammates).

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
How far the mighty fall.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

No cap room at all in New England, and as others have pointed out there's a whole list of things he's doing wrong according to his teammates. Who voted they'd rather him not be on the roster.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Correct me if I’m wrong since he was released wouldn’t the new team sign him to a new deal and if he win his appeal wouldn’t the ravens still have to pay him his 10 million and not the new team

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Correct me if I’m wrong since he was released wouldn’t the new team sign him to a new deal and if he win his appeal wouldn’t the ravens still have to pay him his 10 million and not the new team
His contract it seems is one of those with offset language. If he signs with a new team the Ravens would get some relief from their dead cap based on how much the other team signs him for. This all could change of course based on the team trying to get out of his guaranteed money and filing a grievance.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
The words "toxic influence" in the locker room and so forth are tossed around a lot..Thomas seems to have really earned that mantle..

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Yeah, normally I don't put much stake in those "toxic influence" things, but when your teammates vote you off the island after barely a year... yeah, I'm buying that.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
"Freelancing" could mean, "doesn't know his assignment"

Some guys are so full of themselves, that they truly belive that they can get by on pure talent.