Eagles report on Sirius today...talking about coach Kelly

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RFIP

Very interesting stuff.

He said Kelly does everything fast.

He said the guy studies everything and does some strange stuff but always explains his ways to his players.

For example;

He has road curfew at 8:00 pm!!

Every time they arrive at a hotel he IMMEDIATELY makes the entire team (in sweat suits) walk for two hours. (He calls it something but I can't remember what).

He had a study done that shows jet lag comes two days after you land so his teams leave Saturday for the west coast instead of Friday.

He has a nutritionist work all the team meals and an ex navy seal for fitness.

He said when they started 3-5 last year he looked for signs of a mutiny but everyone had bought in.

He said Foles won the job because Kelly does not care about stats out if his QB; "Just don't turn the ball over." And Vick was a turn over machine.

There was other things I can't remember now but it was very interesting.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I imagine that some of the things Kelly is bringing to the NFL will be copied by much of the league in time. The jet lag thing will be one of them.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Very interesting stuff.

He said Kelly does everything fast.

He said the guy studies everything and does some strange stuff but always explains his ways to his players.

For example;

He has road curfew at 8:00 pm!!

Every time they arrive at a hotel he IMMEDIATELY makes the entire team (in sweat suits) walk for two hours. (He calls it something but I can't remember what).

He had a study done that shows jet lag comes two days after you land so his teams leave Saturday for the west coast instead of Friday.

He has a nutritionist work all the team meals and an ex navy seal for fitness.

He said when they started 3-5 last year he looked for signs of a mutiny but everyone had bought in.

He said Foles won the job because Kelly does not care about stats out if his QB; "Just don't turn the ball over." And Vick was a turn over machine.

There was other things I can't remember now but it was very interesting.
Yeah I heard it
Said SB teams had the highest college graduation rates so he's going for guys who graduate.

Sort of intimated that Desean Jackson was dumb was part of why he was cut and that his late season was a dud.

Said Foles would take the easy completion instead of trying for the home runs was key to his low int rate.

They play fast to wear you out

I look forward to that game ,should be a great measuring stick.

RFIP

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah I heard it
Said SB teams had the highest college graduation rates so he's going for guys who graduate.

Forgot that one!

Dude leaves no stone unturned that is for sure!

cracengl

Rookie
So it's like a version of the Four Pillars, except it actually seems to be working? Also, you could never win with a qb who checks down and doesn't turn the ball over. (y)

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Sounded like a good listen, I think Chip is a great coach.
Yeah he's gonna be tough to beat ,but I don't know if Foles saw a rush like ours should be, if we can rattle him the whole hurry up thing turns in our favor.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
It is an entertaining offense to watch. He does play to wear you out. The only risk is that you better be able to hold up yourselves. This perhaps goes to the rigor of his program. There is certainly merit to bringing new ideas in from outside in the college ranks. I'm a fan of the guys works in the NFL so far.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
It's refreshing to see a new guy come in and not care how everybody else does it.
It takes a lot of confidence to step out of the box on a stage the size of the NFL.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Yeah he's gonna be tough to beat ,but I don't know if Foles saw a rush like ours should be, if we can rattle him the whole hurry up thing turns in our favor.

I agree, if there is any D line that can disrupt there quick offensive game plan its ours.

Did he mention how lucky he was not to face a proper D for much of his first season, and how all of that's going to change now that the NFC West is on his schedule?