Eagles' guard diagnosed with anxiety condition

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I'm guessing this type of condition goes on more than we realize but I don't remember any other NFL player talking about this before.
********************************************************************************************
http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2016/12/eagles_brandon_brooks_diagnosed_with_anxiety_condi.html

images

CSNPhilly.com

Eagles' Brandon Brooks diagnosed with anxiety condition
By Eliot Shorr-Parks | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com

PHILADELPHIA -- Eagles starting offensive guard Brandon Brooks revealed Wednesday that he has been diagnosed with an anxiety condition which caused him to miss two of the team's last three games, including last Sunday's 27-22 loss to the Washington Redskins.

"I found out recently that I have an anxiety condition," Brooks said at his locker. "What I mean by anxiety condition ... not nervousness or fear of the game, what it is is I have an obsession with the game. It's an unhealthy obsession right now. I'm working with team doctors to get everything straightened out and get the help I need."

Brooks said that he woke up around 4 A.M. the morning of the team's game against the Redskins and was vomiting uncontrollably. After arriving at Lincoln Financial Field, Brooks was so weak that he was unable to stand despite receiving treatment from team doctors.

"The only time you guys notice is game day," Brooks said. "But it's happened Friday, Monday, Tuesday. It can happen any time."

Brooks also missed the team's game in Week 12 against the Green Bay Packers, and twice missed games last season when he was a member of the Houston Texans.

"For the longest, I thought it was an ulcer or something physical with my stomach. I didn't know it could possibly be something else. I would get sick maybe twice a year. But it wasn't like how it was this time, where it was one game I played, then the next game it happened again."

Going forward, Brooks sounded confident that he would not be missing any more time now that he has gotten to the root of the problem.

"I'm taking steps now. First, once you got an issue or problem, you got to admit. I admit it. I accept it. I own it," Brooks said of his anxiety condition. "Get the medication I need to tone it down ... (I'm going to) talk to somebody, figure out why I've constantly searching to be perfect and if I'm not perfect, I don't feel like I've done my job or that it was good enough."

Brooks said that he has been taking medication since he missed the team's game against the Packers, but that it is going to take time to have an impact.

"I love the organization. The organization has been great," Brooks said. "They're supporting me with this -- the head coach (Doug Pederson), my position coach (Jeff Stoutland), Howie (Roseman). I'll make it through. I'll be okay. Nothing I'm ashamed of. I own it."

bluecoconuts

Legend
There's probably some sort of medication that would help with that if the NFL would stop being a bunch of squares.