E.J. Gaines update

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Feel for him man, as hard as he's worked to show what he can do, so I hope he makes it back quick. Way I see it the Rams can handle one of their top CBs being hurt without too much dropoff because they have 4 guys who can start with Jenks/Tru/Gaines/Joyner. Joyner is probably limited to the slot but still they can get through one injury ok just puts them at the point where they don't want to see any more.

I do like Roberson, btw, but I don't think I can say there wouldn't be dropoff if it comes down to him starting. McGee seems to be loved by the staff but I don't know why, hope he can come back and show us some serious ability this preseason.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Gates from the Chargers had this and it plagued for more than a year, very tough tough injury to get over unless you are on your back.
I thought he had that big toe thing?...turf toe..when your toe smashes into the front of your shoe...Gates is one of the few to play pretty well with the foot problems..but he has changed his game...but is still effective...not the monster he used to be..

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
I thought he had that big toe thing?...turf toe..when your toe smashes into the front of your shoe...Gates is one of the few to play pretty well with the foot problems..but he has changed his game...but is still effective...not the monster he used to be..
Between 2009 and 2011 he batted PF and turf toe, both serious injuries that are very slow to heal. Gotta wonder if chronic injuries led him to try the PED's. Nice guy and everything, but I don't buy the tainted supplement excuse, from him or anyone at this point.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
Yeah PF is the bottom of the foot while Lis Franc effects the meta-tarsal part of the top of the foot and can still cause shooting pain to the bottom. Both are nightmares. I'm gonna wait on Doc Anderson and the official report and timeline. We need Gaines this season even if McGee does flash what he did at Miami once again. Just wonder if Gaines is one of those rare men that can play with pain. Thats my key. Its all about the size of your heart and so far he has that in spades. I'm really pulling for the great Mizzu kid to prove EVERYONE wrong AGAIN!!!

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
I had PF and got shot up with cortisone and as a result never have had it again! Hope if it's that, he gets the same results I did!

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
!!!!
Just read on another board that Gaines is out for the year. Per 101.
can anyone confirm?

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Man, I hope so.
Me too. You'd just think if he truly was out for the season, or rather that it was known that he'd be out for the season by the Rams, it'd be reported in at least a few places. I don't know where that report was, but I can't find a single report saying he's out for the season anywhere on the Internet or Twitter. So hopefully it's nothing right now.

God I can't imagine losing Gaines. Would be a big blow, even if Janoris and Trumaine both step up.

If I hear anything else, I'll post it for sure.

jjab360

Legend
!!!!
Just read on another board that Gaines is out for the year. Per 101.
can anyone confirm?
If you got it from the board I think you got it from, you might've just got trolled.

I'll believe it when I see it officially reported.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Yeah, I always thought it was a chronic thing. Not brought about by a single event. Some mornings its tough for me to walk around the house without shoes. Then again, it might be an age thing. As I get older things start happening more. I'm just minding my own business and then all of a sudden "Owww! What the heck?? I didn't do anything to hurt that!" :mad:

I've had it as well. Have you tried the "inserts" that can be worn in shoes, slippers, etc.? I tried them and after a few weeks I was comfortable. I continued to wear the inserts for a full year and still do in slippers....another friend of mine had the same experience, FWIW.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
Well we will know soon enough even if it takes 3 weeks to truly find out with Gaines. Is it Ironic Saffold hurts shoulder again against the team that voided a major contract with him due to that same shoulder? All we have heard is he tweaked it. I think Saffold is very important to G. Robs success this season. He's coaching all of the line and helping with communication and what they are seeing. Just wish he was'nt made of glass. Thought moving inside would slow down his nicks from at least extending himself injuries. Getting rolled up is still a possibility. Why was Washington thought to be the best backup on our team when he has'nt shown well day to day in practice and we signed other guys to be the backups? Just SMH. I did'nt thing Washington would make final cut , and there he was on play # 5 getting blown up. We NEED two solid guards already on either side of our weak center . Thought J. Brown was not as bad as most rookies look and he was major downfield on the TA pass play. Havenstein still gets rocked back on initial contact on pass plays. He needs more weightroom on his legs as do ALL our centers. Sorry if I sound too harsh guys.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I'm starting to get concerned that they found a serious illness or issue not related to the foot injury.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
The story is out in the PD. He had foot surgery and is out for the season!
We are stuck with watching Joyner get beat all year and I'm depressed!

RocknRam29

Live, Love, Laugh, & Learn
Damn, damn, damn!!! :(

damndamndamnfloridaevans-vi.gif