DT Calais Campbell could hit FA

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/05/report-cardinals-unlikely-to-sign-calais-campbell-or-tony-jefferson/

Kent Somers of the Arizona Republic reports that word around the Scouting Combine this week is that the Cardinals will lose both defensive end Calais Campbell and safety Tony Jefferson as free agents. Per Somers, the players — who rank 10th and 14thon PFT’s list of the top 100 free agents — are “going to command more money” than the Cardinals will be willing or able to pay them to remain in Arizona.

Campbell’s departure would leave the Cardinals without a player that has been a fixture in the Arizona lineup since coming to the team as a second-round pick in 2008. Mike Klis of KUSA in Denver reported this week that the Broncos are expected to make a run at signing Campbell.

Cardinals insider Mike Jurecki mentioned last night ARZ offering 3 years $33M, $17M guaranteed but Campbell has numerous suitors.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
CC would be a fantastic signing for a 3-4 base team that's ready to win now. He's only 30 but does have alot of miles on those legs entering his 10th season. He's been an iron man up front in Arizona only missing 5 games since entering the league in 2008.

Posted 34 tackles, 8 sacks, 1 INT and recorded a safety in 2016.

I doubt the Rams would even consider paying $12mil/yr for CC considering the money AD will command, but my God...a front line of Donald, Campbell and Brockers? Fuhgetabout it.

Ram65

Legend
CC would be a fantastic signing for a 3-4 base team that's ready to win now. He's only 30 but does have alot of miles on those legs entering his 10th season. He's been an iron man up front in Arizona only missing 5 games since entering the league in 2008.

Posted 34 tackles, 8 sacks, 1 INT and recorded a safety in 2016.

I doubt the Rams would even consider paying $12mil/yr for CC considering the money AD will command, but my God...a front line of Donald, Campbell and Brockers? Fuhgetabout it.

I have been day dreaming about CC as a Ram too. CC and Donald could move around the line and attack other teams weakness. Moving Brokers and Hayes in and out of the line up keep pressure on the Qbs. Let's not forget Quinn, Tre and Barron coming from the LBer spots. Oh, I did think CC would get paid but i guess 4 year deal at 12 million sounds about right. Guys like him can be productive in their mind 30'sJ Peppers going to play another year at 37 and it will be his 16th season. If the Rams did had a little more cap space........

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000790600/article/julius-peppers-plans-to-play-16th-nfl-season

Last edited:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
NT might be likely as well. Wade isn't going to run a 2 gap, but adding another guy who can play the nose frees up Brock for the 5T. And if it's a guy who's a big load, eating up the 1T center/guard combo isn't a bad thing and will help in the event Wade does go with Ogletree and Barron as ILBs.

One of my biggest concerns is the run stuffing ability of Ogletree and Barron. Both are better at chasing than beating blocks, it's something I am worried about even though I trust that Wade is all over it.

Another concern is the SAM role. That might be a bigger priority for this team than is realized as well.

Ram65

Legend
NT might be likely as well. Wade isn't going to run a 2 gap, but adding another guy who can play the nose frees up Brock for the 5T. And if it's a guy who's a big load, eating up the 1T center/guard combo isn't a bad thing and will help in the event Wade does go with Ogletree and Barron as ILBs.

One of my biggest concerns is the run stuffing ability of Ogletree and Barron. Both are better at chasing than beating blocks, it's something I am worried about even though I trust that Wade is all over it.

Another concern is the SAM role. That might be a bigger priority for this team than is realized as well.

I would like the Rams to resign D Easley although he is on the lighter side too. Seems like the big load guys aren't what Wade wants now. They do need some size.

A55VA6

Legend
Campbell would be a great signing but I think he hates us. lol