'Dream come true' for Tre Mason as he arrives in St. Louis

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com...-tre-mason-as-he-arrives-in-st-louis/9056867/

AUBURN -- He's been fueled by doubt his whole career and now Tre Mason can say he's made it to the NFL.

Auburn's single-season rushing record holder was introduced by the St. Louis Rams, who drafted Mason with the No. 75 overall pick in last week's NFL Draft, on Tuesday.

"It's something you dreamed of as a child," Mason said of making it to the NFL. "Walking into the locker room and seeing you number and your name next to it is just a feeling you can't describe with words."

Mason will join former Auburn tackle Greg Robinson, who was also introduced on Tuesday. They arrived on the Plains together and they'll begin their pro careers together as well.

"We came in our freshman year talking about we wanted to be three-and-out and it would be a dream come true if we played together at the next level," Mason said. "God blessed us with that opportunity and these guys sitting next to me, coach (Jeff) Fisher and Mr. (Les) Snead, brought us together."

Fisher, whose son Trent used to play safety for Auburn, and Snead, who played for the Tigers and served as a graduate assistant, are leaders of a team with growing ties to Auburn.

Robinson was happy when Mason called him with the good news on Friday night.

"I could hear in his voice he was getting emotional, I could hear him crying over the phone," Robinson said. "It was a great feeling just to have someone as close as him along with me that will be a positive for us."

Naturally, ending up in St. Louis led to many inquiries about the SEC Championship game, when Mason ran for a game record 304 yards and four touchdowns on 46 carries against Missouri.

Asked if it helped him that he wasn't tackled very much in that game, Mason said "Yeah it did. It helped a whole lot."

"At the end of the game it didn't feel like I touched 46 carries but when told me I was pretty shocked," Mason said. "It felt pretty bad the next day. Throughout the game it was just a lto fo hard work and dedication and determination to not leave Atlanta without a ring. Thinking back on that, I needed those 46 carries."

Robinson and Mason were already joking with their new teammates from Missouri,E.J. Gaines and Michael Sam, about the SEC Championship. They were on opposing sidelines in the Georgia Dome in December but they'll have the same mission now.

"Now it's time to take the talents from their team and our team," Mason said, "put them together and try to win a Super Bowl."