Dre Kirkpatrick: Rams? I wanna win

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter

View: https://twitter.com/aj_derosa/status/820477861614276609

View: https://twitter.com/DreKirkSWAG/status/820477986717790208

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/01/15/dre-kirkpatrick-isnt-impressed-with-rams/

Dre Kirkpatrick isn’t impressed with Rams
Posted by Mike Florio on January 15, 2017

636824152-e1484492664245.jpg
Getty Images

It’s not clear how the Rams will react to the youngest coach in modern NFL history. It is clear how at least one potential free agent from another team is reacting.

Bengals cornerback Dre Kirkpatrick will, absent a new contract in Cincinnati, be available to sign with any team he wants in March. A Twitter user made a plea for Kirkpatrick to come to the Rams.

Kirkpatrick replied with three words: “I wanna win.”

Of course, desire to win often takes a back seat to financial considerations. If the Rams were to offer Kirkpatrick more money than anyone else, Kirkpatrick may quickly persuade himself that the new culture in L.A. will lead to victories.

The Rams will otherwise have plenty of chances to persuade everyone that their new culture will lead to victories, once the next regular season begins in less than eight months.

tempests

Hall of Fame
One of those things that didn't need to be made a story, but Florio rarely misses an opportunity to troll somebody.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
My immediate reaction was to lash out at that comment, but then I thought about it.
Is he really wrong? I'm sure he'd say the same thing to a Browns or Jaguars fan.

FRO

Legend
My immediate reaction was to lash out at that comment, but then I thought about it.
Is he really wrong? I'm sure he'd say the same thing to a Browns or Jaguars fan.
Same. We can say as fans he just doesn't realize how close the team is. Then as a fan I realize I've said the team was very close for about 7 years now.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I couldn't care less about Kirkpatrick's opinion. It is what it is. But, knowing Florio's ways, he's just trying to start something!!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Florio never misses an opportunity to talk down about the Rams and Rams fans. Dre if that's your attitude we don't want and need you we'll win more games than the Bengals next year on the way to Marvin Lewis being fired as they finish 3rd in the division.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I don't blame the guy and there are plenty that will sign and the fact of playing in Los Angeles on the greatest stage will be enough of an asset to land other FA's.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
That's not a corner we need anyway...

Several good ones in the draft....What's that guy done since Bama? Nothing, in my book.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
It hurts but he's right. Our team is not going to be a contender for a couple years. I don't care how good McVay might be, he'll have to work miracles. I only need to say a few words to solidify that. The offensive line and receivers.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I'd like us (Rams) to employ intelligent players, this guy doesn't sound like one of them. There are a limited number of teams looking for quality CB's, ... several, but it is still limited to those teams prioritizing DB's over other positions. When you go out and slam a team in need, you also limit potential dollars flowing your way, and the next team can easily offer less as you've limited yourself to the teams you are willing to play for. It's kind of like voters who don't vote for their own financial self-interests, I have to question their thinking process. Dre Kirkpatrick lives in a glass house, he only graded out the season as the # 53 overall CB (PFF), ... the Rams can and should do better than the likes of him. If you're a top ten player or a high quality player looking for your final contract with a play-off team, this makes some sense, but this guy should learn to keep his mouth shut, and I'd be confident in saying that his agent more than likely just did that. jmo.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
To bad more of the current Rams players don't have the same attitude

wmc540

Pro Bowler
I don't even know if he is necessarily saying he believes the Rams aren't going to be winners. He could just be responding that he just wants to go where ever he will win.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Rams winning next year will have more to do with Goff than Dre Kirkpatrick. But I get where he is coming from. Just don't necessarily agree with it (see Raiders 2016).

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
His initial reaction means nothing. If the Rams end up in a situation where they're chasing corners, the money will get him to come in and talk to McVay and Phillips, and those two guys will have him singing a different tune IMO.

fearsomefour

Legend
The only time winning trumps money for a FA is for top tier guys with a name that can command top dollar or who have already made a boatload. For nearly everyone else it is about the money.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I agree with Dre. I wanna win. We need a better CB than Dre if we wanna do that. He's a first round bust.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
With or without you we will find a way to win. No worries, Rams are on the verge to shock the masses.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
It sucks to hear but, as others have said, he isn't wrong. The Rams have some very good young pieces in place in Gurley, Goff, and Donald. And the franchise finally seems to be on the right track with McVay and Phillips after cutting ties with Fisher. But we are coming off our worst season in years. Until we actually start winning it all just remains potential. And it seems like the Rams have been full of "potential" for years on end.

We consistently get mad at players on our team that we don't think are committed to winning. We crucified Fisher for his country club culture. And rightfully so. But if we're going to do that, we can't get upset when players don't want to play here citing a lack of confidence the Rams can be a winning football team. That would be pretty hypocritical.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
The Rams need to aim higher than Kirkpatrick. He wouldn't even be Plan B for offseason CB additions IMO.