Drake Stoops

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Rams gave Robinson a virtually guaranteed 4 mill deal for this year, Tutu's salary is non-guaranteed. That basically says it all for comparison purposes.
Tutu appeared to have turned a corner last year when Kupp was out, but as soon as Kupp came back, Atwell's production virtually disappeared. Only 17 catches for 213 yards in his last 13 games. Meanwhile, as Tutu was statistically AWOL, Robinson stepped up.
One thing is for sure, if we see a lot of Tutu in pre-season it would be both a good thing and a bad thing all at the same time.
I'll never understand why he didnt develop as a kick or punt returner
This speaks to my issue with McVay and or Stafford getting a hard on for certain players.
Tutu offers things Robinson does not.
Robinson, to me, is an average receiver.
When the playoffs came, as I said he would, Robinson disappeared. This may again be play calling getting highly focused on one or two players at the cost of everyone else.
All that said, Im glad that Robinson is back. He offers things Tutu does not as well, such as blocking and some size that Tutu obviously lacks. Begs the question....why draft a player like Tutu then not use his skill set.
There is room for all of them (top 4) in the offense in a way that helps all of them and the O as whole.
A power running game leading to play action could really open up Tutu for deep throws.....if, and it's a big if, Stafford can keep from throwing to double covered Puka or Kupp.
The kick return thing I think is just his size and McVay wanting to use him as a receiver.
Trammel, who is also a small guy, was returning kicks....and not all that well either.
We shall see.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
The only way Stoops makes the team is as a assistant coach
Shark Tank Good Job GIF by ABC Network

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
When the playoffs came, as I said he would, Robinson disappeared
??
They played 1 game. Robinson had the 2nd most yards, and 2nd most 1st down grabs (3)
If Demarcus disappeared then basically everyone other than Puka disappeared

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
Tutu proved himself while Kupp was out. And he deserved more targets that he got when Kupp came back.
I mean, I liked it when Robinson got those key 3rd down ect this past season.
But there is something to be said for this little super fast guy that has WAY better hands than you would think, running past fools and catching a deep ball for a long, easy TD.
Were is to Tutu getting more targets in 2024 and giving the Rams a very good reason to give him another contract.
We can use a guy like him.

dang

Legend
I’m going to predict Whittington gets his chance to make the 53 man roster but if he doesn’t impress - I could see a scenario where the Rams bring on OBJ (if he’s still available). Need a Plan B should Kupp or Nacuas physical play catch up to them.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Tutu proved himself while Kupp was out
For 2 games until teams realized that Tutu couldnt get past press coverage
They tried to get him the ball, but he only caught half the passes thrown his way, most of which were short, dink passes

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think Robinson can be a solid #2 behind Kupp or Puka in case of injury. Tutu, Benny Skow, and Johnson all provide good depth. And we hope the new kid from Texas picks up the offense quickly, just in case. I also wonder if they are thinking about OBJ and also..., if he would have sighed for 4 million guaranteed, like Robinson. I wonder if they think OBJ has anything left.

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
They tried to get him the ball, but he only caught half the passes thrown his way, most of which were short, dink passes
You say that like you know why they stopped targeting him as much.
But you don,t. Its a opinion.
There are ways for smaller fast WRs to beat press coverage. Keep trying and find a way. If that was the problem ?
He is talented enough that if he gets the ball with space around him, he is GONE.
Give him some more shots before you give up on him.
McVay gave up a 2nd rounder for him after all.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You say that like you know why they stopped targeting him as much.
But you don,t. Its a opinion.
There are ways for smaller fast WRs to beat press coverage. Keep trying and find a way. If that was the problem ?
He is talented enough that if he gets the ball with space around him, he is GONE.
Give him some more shots before you give up on him.
McVay gave up a 2nd rounder for him after all.
Ever heard of google?
You can use it to find video analysis. You can also see actual statistics.
Thats where my opinion is drawn from
Gave up a 2nd rounder for him? What are you talking about?
Gave up a 1st rounder for Brandin Cooks, where is he?

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
Ever heard of google?
You can use it to find video analysis. You can also see actual statistics.
Thats where my opinion is drawn from
Gave up a 2nd rounder for him? What are you talking about?
Gave up a 1st rounder for Brandin Cooks, where is he?
I do not use google. Its the search engine for those who like censored results and to be tracked and followed online.
There are FAR better search engines. (DuckDuck Go, Luxxle )
I love my Rams with all my heart. But there are only so many hours in the day and actually much more important real life things to be spending huge amounts of time on.
The LA RAMS are a break from those types of things to me. Just enjoying a football team while leaving the rest of the worlds problems behind.
Tutu was a second round pick, not cheap. Might as well try and get more out of him I say.

fearsomefour

Legend
??
They played 1 game. Robinson had the 2nd most yards, and 2nd most 1st down grabs (3)
If Demarcus disappeared then basically everyone other than Puka disappeared
Perhaps that's the bigger issue..
Tutu, one catch for a big TD and was not on the field again.

fearsomefour

Legend
Tutu proved himself while Kupp was out. And he deserved more targets that he got when Kupp came back.
I mean, I liked it when Robinson got those key 3rd down ect this past season.
But there is something to be said for this little super fast guy that has WAY better hands than you would think, running past fools and catching a deep ball for a long, easy TD.
Were is to Tutu getting more targets in 2024 and giving the Rams a very good reason to give him another contract.
We can use a guy like him.
The power run game that it seems the Rams want to run should certainly lend itself to play action and play action to down field shots.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I will say this about Tutu he is 10X better than Tavon.

Tavon could have been great. He was trending that way, then he got paid. That was enough for him. The Rams totally whiffed on that one.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Tavon could have been great. He was trending that way, then he got paid. That was enough for him. The Rams totally whiffed on that one.

Ah yes. The Jeff Fisher era of "we'd better lock this guy up because he's gonna be so good because he's a camp all-star woooooo!"

fearsomefour

Legend
He was running uncovered multiple times vs Pittsburgh and Stafford threw to covered guys.
The offense last year was a strange one.
Sort of a transitional year.
The passing game was great at times and struggled at times, same with the run game.
Rams couldn't win without Stafford or Williams in the line up.
With a solidified OL and (hopefully) better depth and more of an identity on O, it will be interesting to see how the offense unfolds.
I think all these guys can get involved and fill roles and make plays.
Looking forward to a diverse offense hopefully.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ah yes. The Jeff Fisher era of "we'd better lock this guy up because he's gonna be so good because he's a camp all-star woooooo!"

Except that tavon showed it on the field. After having no idea how to use him early on his rookie year they got their act together after half the season where he was a threat to score a td every time he touched the ball, before his injury put him out of commission.

2nd year was a wasteland. 3rd year he was a weapon, scoring tds everywhere. As much as you can in a Jeff Fisher offense. As we found out the next session, he was playing for a contract. In hindsight the 2nd year should have been a warning sign that he wouldn't go hard after getting paid.