Draft rumor from Walterfootball.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I don't know how this guy knows this, or if he made it up, but-

STL.gif
Los Angeles Rams:
2/2: It's possible that two quarterbacks go in the top five, with "Carson Wentz and Jared Goff filling the slots." - Tony Pauline

1/29: The Los Angeles Rams are clearly in the quarterback market and sources say their favorite signal-caller right now is Carson Wentz. - Charlie Campbell, WalterFootball.com

1/28: The Rams have a higher grade and preference for Florida cornerback Vernon Hargreaves over Florida State's Jalen Ramsey. - Charlie Campbell, WalterFootball.com

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/nflrumors/teamdraft#cFlzKG3t5j3O6GMK.99

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Some other random stuff: Seems there are few articles saying the Titans prefer to trade down but only so far to land Jalen Ramsey. Tunsil is their fall back if they pick at #1.

One video has said that Paxton Lynch's dad was college roommates with 'The Undertaker' from WWE. First James 'the animal' Laurinitis.....will the Rams keep the trend going?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
1/28: The Rams have a higher grade and preference for Florida cornerback Vernon Hargreaves over Florida State's Jalen Ramsey. - Charlie Campbell, WalterFootball.com

I don't doubt that, since Ramsey's a safety and the Rams covet the corners who can man up and tackle aggressively. Hargreaves would be fantastic under Williams, and I'll bet they like Alexander as well.

I can also believe the Wentz quote. Wentz looks like a Pittsburgh Steeler QB to me, and that type of guy is what Fish wants. So yeah, definitely fits what I would think Fish is after. Still hoping they have a deal hammered out for IF one of those two guys are there at 4, and throw in Foles since Dallas needs a backup.

What made me laugh is the note of 2 QBs going in top 5 like it's a surprise. I'm like "you don't say?" Amazing how people forget the impact and supply/demand problem with signal callers man.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I don't doubt that, since Ramsey's a safety and the Rams covet the corners who can man up and tackle aggressively. Hargreaves would be fantastic under Williams, and I'll bet they like Alexander as well.

I can also believe the Wentz quote. Wentz looks like a Pittsburgh Steeler QB to me, and that type of guy is what Fish wants. So yeah, definitely fits what I would think Fish is after. Still hoping they have a deal hammered out for IF one of those two guys are there at 4, and throw in Foles since Dallas needs a backup.

What made me laugh is the note of 2 QBs going in top 5 like it's a surprise. I'm like "you don't say?" Amazing how people forget the impact and supply/demand problem with signal callers man.
I definitely like Wentz size over Goff.
Goff looks frail to me. I read that they found a minor medical condition that wasn't allowing him to gain weight.
Since discovered,though, it sounds as though he should be able to bulk up a bit.
I have a recent phobia of injury prone QB's.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Looking at it from purely a Stats point, I can find no reason why the Rams would rate Hargreaves ahead of Ramsey. Unless someone is posturing, and trying to drive Ramsey's stock down, and Hargreaves stock up, so they can pick up Ramsey in a steal!!

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
It doesn't matter. Neither is likely to make it to 15 and if the Ramd trade up, it won't be for a CB...

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Snead was at UCLA's Pro Day. Miles Jack posted impressive numbers at 240 plus pounds, in the vert 40", and broad jump 10' 4". He did some drills, but didn't do the 40, he will run on 4/1/16, according to him. A player that I really like as a sleeper is Linebacker Aaron Wallace -- 6-2 3/8, 242 -- ran the 40 in 4.59 and 4.57 seconds. He had a 36-inch vertical and 10-foot-10 broad jump. He did the short shuttle in 4.27 seconds and the three-cone drill in 7.35 seconds. He performed 25 reps on the bench press. I think he would be a great day 3 guy.

Clark did well, would be a steal in the 2nd round, IMO. Jordan Payton followed up his very good combine, with another solid performance, and high 4.4 40. Devin Fuller, ran between 4.39, and 4.4, according to scouts, Fuller was recruited as a QB, and was converted to WR, as Brett Hundley clearly won the job. Fuller played all his years at WR, and did some punt returns. He's a good, smooth athlete.

All the OL at UCLA had solid workouts, as they did at the combine. Not the top lineman, but G/T Alex Redmond also had a great position workout, as he looked aggressive, athletic, smooth and NFL-ready. Many feel Redmond, myself included, that he's a bit of an enigma, because some games he played great, and others??? Teams will have to do their homework.

This is my college team, so if anybody has any questions, please ask. I'll give you a solid scoop.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This isn't really a rumor but...
Pittsburgh WR Tyler Boyd met with the Jacksonville Jaguars, L.A. Rams, San Diego Chargers and San Francisco 49ers over the past few days.

TFY Draft Insider's Tony Pauline reports that Boyd ran the forty between the mid-4.4s and the low 4.5s at Wednesday's pro day. "He looked terrific in position drills, as was to be expected," Pauline wrote. "As someone told me, 'He caught everything that touched his hands.'" No surprise there. Boyd dropped only five catchable balls on 99 opportunities last year.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I definitely like Wentz size over Goff.
Goff looks frail to me. I read that they found a minor medical condition that wasn't allowing him to gain weight.
Since discovered,though, it sounds as though he should be able to bulk up a bit.
I have a recent phobia of injury prone QB's.

I'm not surprised the Rams like Wentz more. They have a preference towards upside.

I will say this, though. Wentz actually was more injury prone than Goff in college. Goff got beat to hell behind that Cal OL but he was one tough, durable SOB.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I'm not surprised the Rams like Wentz more. They have a preference towards upside.

I will say this, though. Wentz actually was more injury prone than Goff in college. Goff got beat to hell behind that Cal OL but he was one tough, durable SOB.
Good to hear about Goff.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

And the cycle continues: Now I am reading more and more about how Goff is the best QB in this draft. He started that way, then Wentz overtook him........then people started trying to downgrade Goff and say he was not top ten and now I am reading some saying he should be the first QB off the board and it isn't even close.

One guy tweeted, it was Rang, or Brugler I think, that he has Hackenberg at the top of his QB list.:shocked:

Then there is this:
View: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2625494-insider-buzz-nfl-gm-expects-goff-to-go-no-1-overall-smartest-qb-since-luck

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And the cycle continues: Now I am reading more and more about how Goff is the best QB in this draft. He started that way, then Wentz overtook him........then people started trying to downgrade Goff and say he was not top ten and now I am reading some saying he should be the first QB off the board and it isn't even close.

One guy tweeted, it was Rang, or Brugler I think, that he has Hackenberg at the top of his QB list.:shocked:

Then there is this:
View: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2625494-insider-buzz-nfl-gm-expects-goff-to-go-no-1-overall-smartest-qb-since-luck

Goff is my guy. I think a lot of Wentz but Goff is the guy I'd sell the farm for.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I'm in this camp.
I have my feet straddling both camps, call me a whore, but Goff is ready to go, and I love the kid--his traits. Wentz, his upside, his attitude, his arm, his thirst...

I'm in the, take the best whore who's available camp, because I'm horny as all get out for a righteous trick.

Metaphor boundaries intentionally blown up.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Its funny when there are 2 QBs who are on their own tier in a draft class - they often teeter back and forth over the course of the draft season.

Winston and Mariota
Luck and RGIII
Manning and Leaf

how close are these two guys to each other?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Its funny when there are 2 QBs who are on their own tier in a draft class - they often teeter back and forth over the course of the draft season.

Winston and Mariota
Luck and RGIII
Manning and Leaf

Alex Smith and Aaron Rodgers?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Joel Klatt claims that the Browns coaches he spoke with at Goff's pro day were raving about him. He said they were very excited when talking about Goffs fit in the West coast system. He thinks Goff is the Pick for Cleveland..................unless of course the Rams trade in front of them (y)

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau

Winston and Mariota
Luck and RGIII
Manning and Leaf

They even work out together. No joke.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am warming up to the idea of trading up for either guy. IF our scouts say that one or both are legit franchise QB prospects, lets go all in. We need a great QB and this years 1st and next years first would be worth it for me...