Draft eligible wide receivers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Athos

Legend
White is my favorite with Cooper a close second.

White does things I always love with a WR. Unlike a lot of WRs the Rams have had the last few years...White is a guy who works back to the QB when he notices he's under duress. Almost always trying to get himself open. Also love his leaping ability, ball tracking, etc.

Parker is a good prospect.

DGB, had he stayed at MU, would be the clear cut favorite and a top 5 pick imo. Closest thing to Megatron/Moss in physical tools. I'd still take him.

Sure he sat out a year, yea he has flags (and not the kind you'd like in regards to anger issues it seems) but Quinn did sit out a year after being banished from UNC. Not yet beyond saving. Far worse prospects with far worse issues have been able to turn the corner. Cris Carter for example.

Jaelen Strong is also a strong consideration. Great size and speed combo.

Duke Williams is draft eligible and far more refined than Sammy Coates.

This Smelter guy is intriguing.

Most of these, imo, should be gone by R2, early R3.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
White and dgb are my favorites but I haven't seen parker or smelter play. Cooper is good but doesnt seem like a game breaker.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
White and dgb are my favorites but I haven't seen parker or smelter play. Cooper is good but doesnt seem like a game breaker.

Cooper isn't a game breaker...say whaaaaaaaaaaaat? :confused:

Athos

Legend
Cooper isn't a game breaker...say whaaaaaaaaaaaat? :confused:

I had to give a massive head-scratch on this one. I was big into Watkins....fact of the matter is though, Cooper is superior is just about every way.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
I dunno I guess I need to pay closer attention to Cooper. The Alabama games ive seen this year he seemed like a boldin type receiver, he always seems to get open but not much run after the catch. I could be wrong on that though.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I dunno I guess I need to pay closer attention to Cooper. The Alabama games ive seen this year he seemed like a boldin type receiver, he always seems to get open but not much run after the catch. I could be wrong on that though.

Yes, check out more of Cooper. He ran a 4.38 40 last off-season and is known for his YAC skills. He's not Boldin at all. I don't even know who to compare him to...his skill-set just is rare.
Speed:

View: http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:11763372

YAC:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOhn3nHTBYk

Overall Highlights:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huFWIALznEw

Cooper is unreal. He's 6'1" 210 with the same type of speed as guys like Julio Jones, Chris Givens, and Torrey Smith. After the catch, he has good balance, runs with high knees, great agility, and runs hard with power and strength. He's a polished route runner that does the little things. He also is not a guy you want to press as he gives CBs fits with his release. He knows all the techniques, does them well, and varies them to keep the CB on his toes.

About the only things you can say about him on the negative side are that he has some concentration drops and he's only 6'1".

But this kid is so good. Better than Watkins. He's polished AND athletic. He offers many of the same physical attributes as Watkins but has better agility and is more polished player.

Kevin White is also a great talent. As is DeVante Parker. It's crazy to say but those three are as strong a trio as the Watkins, Evans, OBJ trio from 2014.

paceram

Pro Bowler
Yes, check out more of Cooper. He ran a 4.38 40 last off-season and is known for his YAC skills. He's not Boldin at all. I don't even know who to compare him to...his skill-set just is rare.
Speed:

View: http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:11763372

YAC:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOhn3nHTBYk

Overall Highlights:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huFWIALznEw

Cooper is unreal. He's 6'1" 210 with the same type of speed as guys like Julio Jones, Chris Givens, and Torrey Smith. After the catch, he has good balance, runs with high knees, great agility, and runs hard with power and strength. He's a polished route runner that does the little things. He also is not a guy you want to press as he gives CBs fits with his release. He knows all the techniques, does them well, and varies them to keep the CB on his toes.

About the only things you can say about him on the negative side are that he has some concentration drops and he's only 6'1".

But this kid is so good. Better than Watkins. He's polished AND athletic. He offers many of the same physical attributes as Watkins but has better agility and is more polished player.

Kevin White is also a great talent. As is DeVante Parker. It's crazy to say but those three are as strong a trio as the Watkins, Evans, OBJ trio from 2014.

I am not an Alabama fan but Cooper is very, very impressive! I did not realize he was that fast! Do you really think he is better than Watkins? If that is true then I would think the Rams would be considering him if he is still available (but, I am still thinking Hundley could very well be the Rams pick unless they sign a quality FA before the Draft).

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
White, Cooper, and Greene are my top three with Devante Parker nipping at the heels. Strong, Smelter, Coates, Agholor, Diggs, and Montgomery are also intriguing.

As a Mizzou fan, I wouldn't touch DGB with a sixty-foot pole. Let someone else handle his baggage.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am not an Alabama fan but Cooper is very, very impressive! I did not realize he was that fast! Do you really think he is better than Watkins? If that is true then I would think the Rams would be considering him if he is still available (but, I am still thinking Hundley could very well be the Rams pick unless they sign a quality FA before the Draft).

Yes.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
Well unfortunately Smelter tore his acl... that probably means he wont play next season.