Draft Day: Bragging Rights Contest?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Athos

Legend
Anyone interested in pooling the players they think the Rams will draft? You'd get, say, 5 total picks and whoever gets the most right, wins?

And to spice it up, bonus points if you get the round correct?

Yea, I'm bored. We've hashed everything else ad-nausea at this point.

Athos

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm thinking something like 10 pts for every player picked correctly and an additional 5 if you pick the round right?

Savvy?

Don't think we need to get complex up in here.

V3

Hall of Fame
I'm thinking something like 10 pts for every player picked correctly and an additional 5 if you pick the round right?

Savvy?

Don't think we need to get complex up in here.
I'm thinking since guessing players after the 2nd or 3rd round is nigh impossible, what about guessing the three players the Rams take in the first three rounds. However many draft places off your player is for each round is a point. You add up all the points off you were after the three rounds. The lowest score wins. Bonus negative points if you hit the pick exactly(that negative number would have to be decided. Maybe it gets more negative with each round?).

It's just an idea. It could be stupid or at least the foundation for something that others could improve upon. Maybe do five picks like you suggest? I don't know. Just thinking out loud.

Athos

Legend
I'll work at the details later tonight and post it so everyone can get picks in place before Thursday.

Athos

Legend
Okay. We'll keep this simple.

You get four picks. That gets us through rounds 1-4 as anything 5 and after is a crapshoot. Though you could argue the 4th is too.

Factoring in trades will complicate this, so we'll just go by round. Since picks become increasingly harder after the 1st, the pts increase after the 1st.

1st - 5 pts
2nd - 10 pts
3rd - 15 pts
4th - 20 pts (b/c you done lucked the fuck out. Don't think I've ever picked a 4th rounder for the Rams correctly).

Perfect draft (or 4 correct players) = autowinner

If you get the player right, but the round incorrect, let's say you get half the amount of pts from the round they actually went in.

Bonus: +15 additional pts if you choose and get right, a 5th rounder. If you don't get it right, you lose 10pts.

I just pulled that outta my ass. No idea if it'll actually work, pts wise, but hey. It's for fun.

If you're still interested, like this post and I'll make up a new thread.