DPOY

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
Who do you all think will win it this year?

I have little doubt that Donald will put up a season to qualify to be the guy again. However I do wonder about voter fatigue with him winning three in the last four years.

Some people last year thought TJ Watt was the dude. You also have guys like Gilmore (sat out last year), Ramsey (being on Donald's team likely hurts him), Chase Young, Myles Garret.

Rich Eisen listed his top 10 players for the season. I believe the only two defensive players were TJ Watt at 10, and Donald at number 2.

His list made me curious about who might really be the defensive player of the year.

I really think this year may be between Chase Young and TJ Watt with Donald putting up all the numbers but voter fatigue having an affect.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Easily Donald. He'll win his fourth DPOTY, passing Lawrence Taylor for the number of DPOTYs, and solidifying his place as the best defensive player of all time.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
The guy they're going to name the Trophy after, Aaron Mfing Donald

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He is the best Defensive player that I have ever seen play this game, BUT, Aaron may have one of his best seasons ever this year. Why? Because this team will be playing with a lead, allowing AD to pin his ears back and rush the passer more often than in years past. He does things much more than just getting sacks as we all know, but @holes around the NFL often try to diminish him in favor of the TJ Watt's of the NFL because of the sack number.

AD will be a monster in sack totals in 2021.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If Morris F’s this up for Donald I’ll never …everah forgive him.

I think AD will win it, he’s in his prime years for another 3-4. The media is trying to push Garrett & Watt…a cheap shot artist and JJ’s little brother..BOO

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Another monster season from Donald will change everything imo.
A monster season + Super Bowl victory might launch Donald into a GLOBAL SUPER STAR.

We all know Donald is a HOFer, we know he's great, everyone does.... but he could reach the next level with a 4TH DPOTY and a Superbowl. Probably get a role in an upcoming avengers movie or some shit....

Turducken

Starter
About two years ago Donald replaced Jack Youngblood as my all-time favorite Ram. I'd like to think he's standing at the midpoint of his career after 7 seasons, but that late season rib injury was the first time I questioned it. I think we have one or two peak years left. It explains the win at all costs attitude and why McVay said he would feel "shame" if AD retired without ever lifting a Lombardi.

But yeah, AD should be the overwhelming favorite for DPOY again. I think the injury concerns are the only reason he had longer odds than TJ Watt.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Donald needs some help. If teams are able to use 2-3 guys on him on every play without someone else burning them, his numbers won’t be there and he won’t get the award. We need some guys to win 1 on 1s. SJD, Floyd, and whoever ends up opposite Floyd.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Very true but I suspect the only hardware AD really wants at this point is a Super Bowl ring. DPOY is old hat to him now it's time for that ring.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Another monster season from Donald will change everything imo.
A monster season + Super Bowl victory might launch Donald into a GLOBAL SUPER STAR.

We all know Donald is a HOFer, we know he's great, everyone does.... but he could reach the next level with a 4TH DPOTY and a Superbowl. Probably get a role in an upcoming avengers movie or some shit....

I dunno that Marvel need go the Expendables, but yeah... I'd watch that like crazy.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Very true but I suspect the only hardware AD really wants at this point is a Super Bowl ring. DPOY is old hat to him now it's time for that ring.
I think I’ll take both the ring and the award, if it’s all the same to you... ~ AD

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Media folk boners are growing for Chase Young, so I won't be surprised if he gives AD a run for the title.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Media folk boners are growing for Chase Young, so I won't be surprised if he gives AD a run for the title.
Why aren't they talking about Montez Sweat then too? The media just hates the same ole, same ole unless its a QB.

Sweat 9 sacks, 12 TFL, 20 QB hits
Young 7.5 sacks, 10 TFL, , 12 QB hits
AD had 12.5 sacks, 14 TFLs, 28 QB hits