"Don't tell your Mother"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
In honor of Father's everywhere. I saw an interesting bit on Social Media and thought it could be fun.

Time to snitch on yourselves. As a Father, tell us about a time or times that you and your child had to keep a secret to avoid the wife getting pissed off.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Sounds pretty minor but my dad and I would always go on a burger and fry run right before we got home from school and work when we weren't looking forward to what dinner was.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Cant think of any I've done, but my childhood is littered with memories like this:
I'm with dad in car while he's "running errands", pulls in to local gin mill and says, "I just have to drop this envelope off, I'll be right back"
Easily 90 minutes later, on a hot summer day with no AC, he gets back in the car lit like a roman candle.
Wasnt exactly, "dont tell your mom", more like, "I'm telling you mother we had a flat tire, and if you say anything different I'll beat the shit out of you"
Good times

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I didnt grow up with a father but, I have had some of these with my own kids. It doesn't have to be something bad. Sometimes it's just something precious. Something you look back on with warmth.

The day I realized my daughter was ride or die. We were out playing catch with a football. And she asked me about kicking. So I decided to channel my inner Hekker. I kicked that sum bitch as hard as I could. It probably went 20 feet but flew high as hell. It came down and hit the transformer on the power line. Sparks everywhere. Powers out at my house and my mother in laws house.

My daughter looks at me with calm expression and says "this never happened, let's go."

I was so proud....then became worried later about what the hell has she been hiding.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Cant think of any secrets my daughter and I kept from my wife. But my dad used to pick up my sister and me every other Friday to go to his house and he liked his liquor. My sister and I would tell him if he was going to drink we would tell our mom and she wouldnt let us go see him anymore. We would then say if he let me drive he could drink all he wanted. Driving at the age of 12 made the trip to Angels Camp seem shorter and I knew that once we got there it was only about 10 mins til I got to start drinking myself. He would be so tanked he would pass out shortly after we got there and I would hit whatever it was he was drinking that month. We kept that secret for almost 40 yrs, by the time we told mom, my dad had passed due to drinking and I had been sober for about 15 yrs.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
My kid has always been a daredevil. He’s got good coordination and balance. One summer when he was 8 years old we had some time to kill in the Scranton area. I took him to Nayaug Park. We hiked a trail and came to a large group of ppl swimming and jumping off a 50’ cliff into a swimming hole below a water fall. It was more like a gorge. We watched several guys jump into the hole and he begged me to let him do it. So a few guys went into the water to help him back up the cliff and he jumped. My wife would have killed me if she knew.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
As I mentioned, I didn't grow up with a father. But, I was close with my Uncle. He is only 14 years older than me and like 15 years younger than my mom.

He was an over the road truck driver when I was 12. He took me with him all summer and the amount of times he said "don't tell your mother" is crazy. Lol

I specifically remember I would spend the night at his house in my early teens and he would buy beer and buy a six pack of pony beers. Basically half size. And he would let me drink them. I felt like one of the guys. I loved it.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Outside of a gift type secret… I’ve not involved the kids in any of my schemes.

As a kid we kept a long secret from Mom and Dad about jumping off the roof into the backyard pool. Finally told them when I was married and on my own.

It was an above ground, but you had to clear the deck and fence around the pool.

:D