Donovan McNabb, David Diehl will call games on FOX this year

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Donovan McNabb, David Diehl will call games on FOX this year
Posted by Josh Alper on August 6, 2014

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpwi0mgm5zdgyogvmodcyytrmntm5mzkxzjgwmdzmzjiy.jpeg
AP

FOX broadcast a lot of games that Donovan McNabb played for the Eagles, Redskins and Vikings and he’ll be back on the network on Sundays this fall.

The difference is that McNabb will be in the booth rather than on the field. The Associated Press reports that McNabb will call some games as a color commentator alongside Dick Stockton during the regular season. McNabb, who also works for FOX Sports 1, will split the job with former Browns first-round pick Brady Quinn and former Raiders linebacker Kirk Morrison as the network looks at a variety of new voices in the booth.

One can never know what will happen on any given Sunday, but McNabb will draw the responsibility of explaining the overtime rules in his first week if the football gods have a sense of humor.

They won’t be the only new additions to the broadcast roster this year. Former Giants tackle David Diehl will also move behind the microphone and join Thom Brennaman to fill one of the slots on the FOX roster in 2014.

In addition, Ronde Barber will join Chris Myers after working with Stockton last season. Joe Buck and Troy Aikman remain the top team at FOX with the Kevin Burkhardt/John Lynch and Kenny Albert/Daryl Johnston/Tony Siragusa combos also staying intact for another season.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
McNabb was terrible on that show that he did. Why do I get the feeling that we're going to be stuck with him for 6 games?

Irish

Starter
McNabb was terrible on that show that he did. Why do I get the feeling that we're going to be stuck with him for 6 games?

winning teams aren't stuck with anything. better games get better commentary.

now, if we are hovering around the .500 mark all year, expect a healthy dose of McNabb and Chris Myers's teams.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
winning teams aren't stuck with anything. better games get better commentary.

now, if we are hovering around the .500 mark all year, expect a healthy dose of McNabb and Chris Myers's teams.

Even when we were winning back in the early 2000's we were stuck with Sam Rosen and the guy with the goatee and the long face, Tim something. They were brutal but it seemed like we had them every week.

Rams don't have much of a national following which is why we get stuck with junk a lot.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Here is hoping for Buck and Aikman calling our games multiple times as the season progresses. I'm not sure I could stomach having to listen to McBlabb.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Even when we were winning back in the early 2000's we were stuck with Sam Rosen and the guy with the goatee and the long face, Tim something. They were brutal but it seemed like we had them every week.

Tim Ryan?

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
And ....... now I hate him.

5008910_std.jpg

Yeah, but this season he'll have to objectively announce how that team is underachieving and falling apart and how Colin Kaepernose sucks at being a QB, and what a deranged nutjob Jim Harbaugh is, so there's that. :sneaky:

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
McNabb is going to be Horrible.... might have to mute a few games this year.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I really don't like McNabb in any way...as a player, thrower, fake leader and especially anouncing any Ram's game. He was tough, though (broken ankle game in 2002)

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I'm in the minority, but I like having the lower end announcers. I don't have anything against Joe Buck or Troy Aikmann, but I don't really believe they go into the football Xs and Os as some of the player/coach guys do. For some reason it makes it more entertaining.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
I really don't like McNabb in any way...as a player, thrower, fake leader and especially anouncing any Ram's game.

What he said - (Or as a radio talk show host).