Donald is so so good, but does he leave us exposed?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Sleepy1711

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes, that's exactly what I said mate. I blame donald for the loss last weekend

Just wondering. I know your aren't putting it on him.

It's just crazy that ppl start tearing down every detail that could possibly be associated with loss, when in reality the other team just flat outplayed us.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
We do move him around.

Can you please Expound Jerry? Not just a and or B gap on either side of the center. Our we thinking outside the box? I can see AD playing DE myself with his skills but he might be wasted there with the DE's we already have . Can you go more in depth Coach Jerry? Are we doing everything we can with such a penetrator as AD? Can you suggest some things we have'nt tried yet that make sense? Of course we move him around. It just seems very small distance . I have seen one weird package we used like once with a mixture of folks that was a total attempt to get a sack and not stop the run.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Can you please Expound Jerry? Not just a and or B gap on either side of the center. Our we thinking outside the box? I can see AD playing DE myself with his skills but he might be wasted there with the DE's we already have . Can you go more in depth Coach Jerry? Are we doing everything we can with such a penetrator as AD? Can you suggest some things we have'nt tried yet that make sense? Of course we move him around. It just seems very small distance . I have seen one weird package we used like once with a mixture of folks that was a total attempt to get a sack and not stop the run.

We move him between the 0 and 3 technique spots on either side of the OL. They don't play him at DE...but we do have Quinn, Long, and Hayes. So there's no real reason to.

I'm pretty content with what they're doing with him so far.

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
Just wondering. I know your aren't putting it on him.

It's just crazy that ppl start tearing down every detail that could possibly be associated with loss, when in reality the other team just flat outplayed us.
That's how you get better. Going over the details and correcting them.

I was going to start a thread about this exact thing. Donald is a beast and gets into the backfield quick. What I saw sometimes was Donald going for QB instead of the RB which left his gap open. This lead to big gains for Washington. I think, because of how good he is, we forget that Donald is only in his second year in the league. He is still young and will learn not to be so eager the sack the QB all the time. It could have also been coaches calling the wrong plays and telling Donald to just go for the QB.

The team corrected it in the second half but it was too late. Down 17-0 and with Washington controlling the clock, it was hard to comeback. We had some opportunities but the offense couldn't get anything going. The biggest thing we need to work on is converting 3rd downs IMO.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
to be honest I want Donald as much as possible I want the guy pitching a tent back there all day and just living there

as someone said up thread if Donlad is wreaking havoc Its down to the coaches to adjust the plan a bit especially if it leaves our linebackers exposed maybe adjust to use brockers to tie up a double team or straight up needs someone else to just make a play ..

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I didn't see the Skins hit any real lanes that were opened from AD. I did notice on the long TD run that Quinn was too far in backfield to make a play on the RB (at least I think it was that play). That was a good play design that had their guards making blocks on the second level and wiping out our LBs (secondary wipe themselves out) effectively. The Skins beat the brakes off this team in EVERY phase of the game last week. Coaching may have been the most glaring ass kicking, but they physically knocked the Rams dicks in the dirt. I expect the team to be more focused and better prepared this week. I do not expect them to win, but my goodness I hope they play better than last Sunday.