Don Shula calls Bill Belichick “Beli-cheat”

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
This one is also in a Westin Hotel.

Don's also got a new place in Orlando called Shula Burger. I haven't tried it yet,,, but I'm sure it's quality. His steakhouse kicks ass.

Damn, I was just in Orlando in November! I'll have to check it out when I'm back later this year.

StevenG-BR

Rookie
Meh....

Shula and his Dolphins cronies are pretty annoying IMO, waiting for the last undefeated team to lose so they can light cigars and crap. I'd appreciate it more if it came from anyone but him. IMO he's just latching on to a catch phrase because he's still butt-hurt that his team isnt the only regular season undefeated anymore.

Wouldn't you be "butt hurt" if an something you accomplished was matched by someone who knowingly cheated and got away with light punishments?

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Shula's is a helluva steakhouse. There's one (at least there used to be) in the Westin hotel in downtown Indianapolis, right by the old RCA Dome... I was there one night back in 2000 I think, and Edgerrin James and some of his buddies were eating at the table right next to mine. Was pretty cool - and a great steak!

Is St. Elmo's still open?

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
Is St. Elmo's still open?

Oh yea...

I don't live in Indy now (did for 2 years in early 90's), but still have buddies there and go there often. St. Elmo's is still going strong. I can taste those shrimp cocktail right now!

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Oh yea...

I don't live in Indy now (did for 2 years in early 90's), but still have buddies there and go there often. St. Elmo's is still going strong. I can taste those shrimp cocktail right now!

It's a great place to eat.....I lived in Indy many years ago.

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
Hate hate hate all things Boston.
+1 Shula.

Hope the Pats get obliterated this weekend. My buddy is a Pats fan. (I use the term "buddy" loosely here)

The guy and all his fellow Pats "fans" do more crap talking and name calling of OTHER teams it's unreal. Never anything good to say about anyone else. Always laughing at the misfortune of others. But when anyone goes in on their precious team it's a huge slap in the face. Whiny little d-bags.... Just like how I view Beli-cheat. Go Ravens.

Killgasm

Starter
Name
Alex
4zs3JS2.gif

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Meh....

Shula and his Dolphins cronies are pretty annoying IMO, waiting for the last undefeated team to lose so they can light cigars and crap. I'd appreciate it more if it came from anyone but him. IMO he's just latching on to a catch phrase because he's still butt-hurt that his team isnt the only regular season undefeated anymore.

I have to agree Deiter. I enjoy anyone busting on Bellicheat but the Dolphins and Shula are a Joke. That 12 game record in a time before Free agency was much easier to achieve than 12 straight wins would be today with a Salary cap, expanded passing attacks, free agency and rule changes.

Marino is a dick too.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
For Shula to say that is out of character for sure...(But I love it none the less)...He's been one one of the most respected coaches in football about forever...The Cheatriots missed their shot at ultimate glory by losing the SB..3rd biggest upset in SB history, IMO...(1. Jets over Colts and 2.Cheatriots over Rams)

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I have to agree Deiter. I enjoy anyone busting on Bellicheat but the Dolphins and Shula are a Joke. That 12 game record in a time before Free agency was much easier to achieve than 12 straight wins would be today with a Salary cap, expanded passing attacks, free agency and rule changes.

Marino is a dick too.

I think 1972 was a 14-game schedule...

Dr C. Hill

Rookie
Name
Doc
Good for him! I think every single coach and player in the league should call out that disgusting organization every single day! They are a total Fraud! Doom on every single person who has ever been a part of that criminal enterprise! Why were those tapes destroyed again?

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
I wish more NFL people would speak the truth on this subject.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
Since most everyone is usually oral sexing Bill Belichick, it's nice to hear someone question his integrity... even if it is Don Shula.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/10/rodney-harrison-reacts-to-shulas-use-of-beli-cheat/

Rodney Harrison reacts to Shula’s use of “Beli-cheat”
Posted by Mike Florio on January 10, 2015

belichick.jpg
Getty Images

Recently, legendary NFL coach Don Shula referred to Patriots coach Bill Belichick as “Beli-cheat.” The story created plenty of buzz — and generated a large stack of approved (and deleted) comments from PFT Planet.

On Friday’s edition of PFT Live on NBC Sports Radio, former Patriots safety Rodney Harrison defended Belichick against Shula’s remark, and also gave Belichick high praise.

“I just think it’s flat-out disrespectful,” Harrison said. “I always have respect for Don Shula. I don’t think that Bill Belichick deserves that. People make mistakes and do things, but Bill Belichick has proven that he’s the greatest coach of all time. You can look at the last decade of what he’s done, what he’s been able to accomplish. But it’s one of those things where as a coach, another well-respected coach, you don’t come out and say those things like that about another coach. I think it’s flat-out disrespectful.”

Shula’s comments, rooted in the lingering fumes of Spygate, overstate the value of the infraction (videotaping the opponent’s defensive coaching signals) and overlook the reality that plenty of mild-to-moderate (and worse) cheating occurred throughout the sport before, during, and after Shula’s coaching tenure. The bigger question is whether Harrison accurately pegs Belichick as the greatest coach of all time.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/10/rodney-harrison-reacts-to-shulas-use-of-beli-cheat/

Rodney Harrison reacts to Shula’s use of “Beli-cheat”
Posted by Mike Florio on January 10, 2015

belichick.jpg
Getty Images

Recently, legendary NFL coach Don Shula referred to Patriots coach Bill Belichick as “Beli-cheat.” The story created plenty of buzz — and generated a large stack of approved (and deleted) comments from PFT Planet.

On Friday’s edition of PFT Live on NBC Sports Radio, former Patriots safety Rodney Harrison defended Belichick against Shula’s remark, and also gave Belichick high praise.

“I just think it’s flat-out disrespectful,” Harrison said. “I always have respect for Don Shula. I don’t think that Bill Belichick deserves that. People make mistakes and do things, but Bill Belichick has proven that he’s the greatest coach of all time. You can look at the last decade of what he’s done, what he’s been able to accomplish. But it’s one of those things where as a coach, another well-respected coach, you don’t come out and say those things like that about another coach. I think it’s flat-out disrespectful.”

Shula’s comments, rooted in the lingering fumes of Spygate, overstate the value of the infraction (videotaping the opponent’s defensive coaching signals) and overlook the reality that plenty of mild-to-moderate (and worse) cheating occurred throughout the sport before, during, and after Shula’s coaching tenure. The bigger question is whether Harrison accurately pegs Belichick as the greatest coach of all time.

Cheaters stick together because they're all guilty.