Don Shula calls Bill Belichick “Beli-cheat”

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
Don Shula calls Bill Belichick “Beli-cheat”
Posted by Michael David Smith on January 8, 2015, 12:09 PM EST
donshulareuters-e1316777906786.jpg
Reuters
Since the 2007 Spygate controversy, Patriots coach Bill Belichick has been referred to as “Beli-cheat” a number of times, but usually by fans of rival teams. Not by Hall of Fame coaches.

But that’s the name Don Shula, the winningest coach in NFL history, uses to refer to Belichick.

Dave Hyde of the Sun-Sentinel writes in a profile of Shula at the age of 85 that when the subject of Belichick came up, that unflattering nickname was Shula’s response.

“Beli-cheat?” Shula says.

Shula’s 1972 Dolphins have the only perfect season in NFL history. Belichick’s 2007 Patriots, who went 16-0 in the regular season but lost in the Super Bowl, were the team that came the closest to joining the ’72 Dolphins with a perfect season. And Shula apparently thinks that Belichick, whose team got caught that year taping opposing coaching signals, achieved his success using something less than sportsmanlike means.

It’s not something we would have expected to hear from Shula, who rarely speaks out or makes waves in retirement. Shula must not have warm feelings toward Belichick. Or Beli-cheat.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/08/don-shula-calls-bill-belichick-beli-cheat/

Last edited by a moderator:

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
That settles it... I know where I'm going to eat later. Shula has a steakhouse right around the corner. My lunch will be extra enjoyable now.

Thank you Don!

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Meh....

Shula and his Dolphins cronies are pretty annoying IMO, waiting for the last undefeated team to lose so they can light cigars and crap. I'd appreciate it more if it came from anyone but him. IMO he's just latching on to a catch phrase because he's still butt-hurt that his team isnt the only regular season undefeated anymore.

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
Meh....

Shula and his Dolphins cronies are pretty annoying IMO, waiting for the last undefeated team to lose so they can light cigars and crap. I'd appreciate it more if it came from anyone but him. IMO he's just latching on to a catch phrase because he's still butt-hurt that his team isnt the only regular season undefeated anymore.
:wtf: Fun-sucker!

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Oh I knew that too, fellow nerd.
Maybe fellow sufferer... Spock's Brain is a very strong contender for worst episode of Trek ever. (Though I'd still take it a million times over Enterprise's Dear Doctor).

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Maybe fellow sufferer... Spock's Brain is a very strong contender for worst episode of Trek ever. (Though I'd still take it a million times over Enterprise's Dear Doctor).
Worse then “The Way to Eden” and "The paradise syndrome"?
Kirk as a Native American. lol. I just .... can't ... SEEM ... to throw this tomahawk.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Worse then “The Way to Eden” and "The paradise syndrome"?
Kirk as a Native American. lol. I just .... can't ... SEEM ... to throw this tomahawk.
Paradise Syndrome had a goofy premise and some big plotholes, but at least was memorable... and was the start of the whole "Preservers" concept that's still a big part of the Trek lore.

"The Way to Eden" was just plain dumb... nothing unbelievable about it... but it really seemed to be nothing than "Let's have hippies on the Enterprise".

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
That settles it... I know where I'm going to eat later. Shula has a steakhouse right around the corner. My lunch will be extra enjoyable now.

Thank you Don!

Shula's is a helluva steakhouse. There's one (at least there used to be) in the Westin hotel in downtown Indianapolis, right by the old RCA Dome... I was there one night back in 2000 I think, and Edgerrin James and some of his buddies were eating at the table right next to mine. Was pretty cool - and a great steak!

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Paradise Syndrome had a goofy premise and some big plotholes, but at least was memorable... and was the start of the whole "Preservers" concept that's still a big part of the Trek lore.

"The Way to Eden" was just plain dumb... nothing unbelievable about it... but it really seemed to be nothing than "Let's have hippies on the Enterprise".

To all you trekkies

https://screen.yahoo.com/star-trek-convention-000000768.html

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Shula's is a helluva steakhouse. There's one (at least there used to be) in the Westin hotel in downtown Indianapolis, right by the old RCA Dome... I was there one night back in 2000 I think, and Edgerrin James and some of his buddies were eating at the table right next to mine. Was pretty cool - and a great steak!

This one is also in a Westin Hotel.

Don's also got a new place in Orlando called Shula Burger. I haven't tried it yet,,, but I'm sure it's quality. His steakhouse kicks ass.