Dolphins player trade

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
It sounds like the dolphins may be getting ready to have a fire sale on the roster. Anyone on there roster worth offering a late draft pick for to help us out this year?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Usually with these fire sales, teams are trading away veterans and shedding contracts. Young players are kept to build a roster.

Petrowsky

Rookie
Name
Petrowsky
I wouldn’t mind someone in their secondary. Minkah Fitzpatrick could be a good addition to help replace one of Peters or Talib. The Dolphins gave him permission to seek a trade. He’s been moved around a lot which has hurt him. I know the Dolphins are asking for a 1st for him, but maybe Reynolds and a 2nd could get it done. At least Fitzpatrick will be cost controlled for a couple of more seasons. That could be really beneficial with all of the recent and impending extensions looming.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
They've given M. Fitz... their 1st round pick from last year (#11)... permission to seek a trade. He wants out of there now.

The fish are willing to sell anything and everything right now.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They've given M. Fitz... their 1st round pick from last year (#11)... permission to seek a trade. He wants out of there now.

The fish are willing to sell anything and everything right now.
If we weren’t solid at safety I’d be all over him.

Kevin

Pro Bowler
We have maybe $2.4 million in cap space for this year. That limits our ability to acquire players who are not on their rookie contract.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Garage.jpg

View attachment 30197

View attachment 30198

Petrowsky

Rookie
Name
Petrowsky
We have maybe $2.4 million in cap space for this year. That limits our ability to acquire players who are not on their rookie contract.

That’s why I really like the idea of acquiring M. Fitzpatrick. The Rams are going to need CBs soon. Fitzpatrick is young, cheap, and will fill a position of need soon. His salary will fit in nicely with all of the extensions.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I agree with @OldSchool ......Minkah Fitzpatrick is not a NFL caliber outside corner. @ best he can play the Nickel & Dime if needed. (Rams have Nickels NRC & Darious Williams on the 53 player roster already plus nickle Dont'e Deayon on our Practice Squad. Fitz best fit in this Wade secondary outside of the Nickel is where SS Eric Weddle or SS Taylor Rapp's role (as the passing situation ILB'er) are playing this season.

Rams also have two new young rookie safeties they like a lot in FS Nick Scott & SS/FS Jake Gervase waiting for their chance to bump veteran Marqui Christian off the roster. Fitz does not want to have anything to do with playing the safety posts.

Bottom line DB MF does not have pure cover talent to play full-time cornerback.

Last edited:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Re: Minkah... slot CBs are not as valuable as guys who play outside the hashes. They're easier to find in any given draft, and the flexibility he brings is countered by our depth at safety. Lastly, I don't like him whining about how he's being used. I'm sure that changes if he's on a good roster under a staff like ours, but still.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Should the Los Angeles Rams inquire about Miami Dolphins DB Minkah Fitzpatrick?

Let’s take a look at the potential of the DB’s.

..............."The price wont be cheap as Fitzpatrick was the 11th-overall pick in the 2018 NFL Draft, but some team very well could land a steal by securing the 22-year-old’s services. According to Ben Allbright, here’s the potential price....................."

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Admittedly I haven't seen much of Minkah's film since he was drafted by Miami. But would he be 2nd on the safety depth chart if he's a guy who could help us? What we need is an outside the hashes CB.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Fins asking price @ the moment is a first round selection. Maybe a high second from a bottom feeder may do it too.

If I were Snead I would not waste his time. Keep the Rams 2nd round selection & select an outside CB instead in the 2020 draft.

Snead has a good starting Nickel-Back this season & 2020. Snead also has a good Nickel reserve in Darious Williams. Do I need to mention the pesky little Nickel Gnat Dont'e Deayon signed on the PS?

Snead just used his top 2019 draft selection to draft a good-looking young safety in rookie Taylor Rapp. He also drafted rookie FS Nick Scott & has UDFA rookie FS/SS Jake Gervase signed on the PS.

The future need in our 2020 secondary is very clear ........ Outside Corners! Who are best in fitting in a press coverage secondary.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Some people were calling him the best nickel-back in the NFL last season. Having someone to take over for Nickell-Roby would be great but prob not at the price we'd have to give up for him.

LouisvilleRam

Hall of Fame
I know he hasn't shown much in the NFL( injuries and bad QB's) but DeVante Parker has a ton of talent. Many have questioned his effort but I think a change of scenery would be all the motivation he needs.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Should the Los Angeles Rams inquire about Miami Dolphins DB Minkah Fitzpatrick?

Let’s take a look at the potential of the DB’s.

..............."The price wont be cheap as Fitzpatrick was the 11th-overall pick in the 2018 NFL Draft, but some team very well could land a steal by securing the 22-year-old’s services. According to Ben Allbright, here’s the potential price....................."
Man those TST comments! People there think he's a boundary CB and should take Peters spot :D