Dolphins hire Adam Gase as head coach

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/09/dolphins-hire-adam-gase/

Dolphins hire Adam Gase
Posted by Zac Jackson on January 9, 2016

nfl_a_adamgase_cmg_600_300x200-e1389709231217.jpg
AP

Adam Gase will be introduced as the Dolphins’ new head coach on Saturday, PFT has confirmed.

Adam Beasley of the Miami Herald was first to report that the hiring of Gase is a “done deal” and that a press conference has been tentatively set for 3 p.m.

Gase, 37, was the Bears’ offensive coordinator in 2015 after serving as the Broncos’ offensive coordinator for two seasons.

Earlier Saturday, a source told PFT that the Dolphins were “making progress” towards a deal with Gase, who’s been busy on the interview circuit this week. He had also interviewed with the Browns, Giants and Eagles.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Time to find out if boy wonder is everything hes cracked up to be

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Some comments by Bears fans:

http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/...-HC-today!?s=d56b0bcc8cb2d4b69abc495c5b289767

Let the era of the 4 yard pass begin in Miami
--------
Hope they like screen passes down in Miami.
--------
Some comments by Dolphins fans:

http://www.thephins.com/forums/showthread.php?88301-Breaking-Gase-will-become-dolphins-new-coach

We will be lucky to go 7-9 next year. F*ck Ross and the front office! People should stop buying tickets and boycott this team next year.
---------
Can't wait to see the overpaid contract this guy gets. After all, that's the Dolphins specialty.
--------
And every day it rains for the rest of my life.

tumblr_myqhkmb97y1sksxpmo1_500.gif

---------
Let the record reflect now that I hate this hire. I don't want to be caught with the clueless group here who are just happy we hired some bum.
-------
sBfG9.gif

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Every year it seems that Miami makes really great off-Season moves, and then turns it to instant Shit! It sure makes you wonder!! Why!?!

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Not impressed

I disagree, IMO, this is a good hire. He did a good job in Denver and when everyone thought all was lost with Jay Cutler, reinvented Cutler and made him better than he was last season.

Gase is young with a good offensive mind and now it will be interesting to see who he brings in as defensive coordinator, but Gase was on everyone's short list and the Dolphins got him first so I don't know how that does not come off impressive over the other candidates.

And they have already put together a defensive staff as well in Vance Joseph as DC (Bengals DB coach) Matt Burke as linebackers coach, Clint Hurt as defensive line coach and Jerome Henderson as defensive backs coach.

The Dolphins were swift and the first team to hire their Head Coach so IMO this is good for their fan base.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I disagree, IMO, this is a good hire. He did a good job in Denver and when everyone thought all was lost with Jay Cutler, reinvented Cutler and made him better than he was last season.

Gase is young with a good offensive mind and now it will be interesting to see who he brings in as defensive coordinator, but Gase was on everyone's short list and the Dolphins got him first so I don't know how that does not come off impressive over the other candidates.

And they have already put together a defensive staff as well in Vance Joseph as DC (Bengals DB coach) Matt Burke as linebackers coach, Clint Hurt as defensive line coach and Jerome Henderson as defensive backs coach.

The Dolphins were swift and the first team to hire their Head Coach so IMO this is good for their fan base.

Is he going to be calling the plays?

I mean if he is gonna call the plays don't you think it's a lot to ask of a young 38 yr old offensive guru with zero head coaching experience?

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Is he going to be calling the plays?

I mean if he is gonna call the plays don't you think it's a lot to ask of a young 38 yr old offensive guru with zero head coaching experience?

No, others have done it in the past like Jon Gruden, and Andy Reid for example and Gase might turn over play calling to somebody else, but I doubt it. He'll need a good Assistant Head Coach to keep him focused on other aspects, but I like Gase, however, you're right it is a major step up, but he does have some weapons in South Beach and I wonder if they keep Dan Campbell as Associate Head Coach/Tight Ends?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
If I was a Bears fan I would be disappointed. He had that offense going pretty well. He and Fox were a good team.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

With a patient owner who has a strong front office to stack talent for him it would be a great hire.

But the Dolphins owner is not patient and is not going to wait long for results and I don't know that Gase's top-notch coordinator ability will overcome the required head coach learning curve right away. Their talent evaluation has been hit and miss. That roster is full of quitters and malcontents that ran their coach out of town last season and went back to their normal selves after a few games under the new head coach.

We will see, but I sorta feel sorry for Gase. Not sure he's gonna have time to learn on the job.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
Not sure I'd bet against him. This is the guy Martz promoted in Detroit, and who as I recall supposedly diagrammed every play Martz called with the Rams. And did pretty well in Denver. The wheels came off there this year when Gase left and Kubiak brought in a new system, forcing Manning and the receivers to learn new plays and adjustments, and in my view (along with injury) making Manning look much worse than he actually is while they figured it out.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
How old was Mike Tomlin when he was named head coach for the Steelers? 37 is awfully young to be leading an NFL team.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
We will see, but I sorta feel sorry for Gase. Not sure he's gonna have time to learn on the job.

I think they will Gase time as long as he shows progression there were too many problems that Joe Philbin faced and IMO they were right to cut bait with him and I think Ross felt he settled for Philbin, he won't feel that way about Gase.

And I don't feel sorry for anybody who ends up in South Beach with that weather.