Dolphin Language Translated. Human to Dolphin coming soon

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bluecoconuts

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'll tell you something that is really cool that we've seen from a few Dolphins who are kept in captivity at a resort on Duck Key. They're kept in some big pins that are built into a canal behind the resort. They are like big cages in the actual ocean (canal) and we take our boat directly by the cages on our way through. We are only a few feet away from them and with the clear water in the Keys you can see them perfectly. We always stop and watch them along the way, and my wife usually tries everything to get their attention. The dolphins totally ignore her and anything we humans try ... and my wife especially, really really tries.

Anyway, when we have our dog on the boat, everything changes with the dolphins' behavior. Our schnauzer loves to eat live fish... When he sees these big "fish" swimming right next to us , he goes ape crap with a screeching series of barks. The dolphins find this very very fascinating. They pop their heads out of the water and will stay there for as long as our dog will continue to bark. They scream right back at our dog with a bunch of loud dolphin noises. It's hilarious. The dolphins absolutely enjoy every minute of it... you can tell that the wheels are really turning in their heads when this happens. We bring our dog by there now just for the dolphins entertainment... it's really neat.

Their eyes let you know how intelligent they are. Beautiful creatures.

Would love to see that, next time you gotta film it!

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Interesting stuff.

Many people believe that dolphins just ride along next to boats because they like being close to mankind; I think that there's more to it than that rather simplistic view.
Yeah, they are actually just freeloading... like being pulled by a rope attached to the boat.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
I'll tell you something that is really cool that we've seen from a few Dolphins who are kept in captivity at a resort on Duck Key. They're kept in some big pins that are built into a canal behind the resort. They are like big cages in the actual ocean (canal) and we take our boat directly by the cages on our way through. We are only a few feet away from them and with the clear water in the Keys you can see them perfectly. We always stop and watch them along the way, and my wife usually tries everything to get their attention. The dolphins totally ignore her and anything we humans try ... and my wife especially, really really tries.

Anyway, when we have our dog on the boat, everything changes with the dolphins' behavior. Our schnauzer loves to eat live fish... When he sees these big "fish" swimming right next to us , he goes ape crap with a screeching series of barks. The dolphins find this very very fascinating. They pop their heads out of the water and will stay there for as long as our dog will continue to bark. They scream right back at our dog with a bunch of loud dolphin noises. It's hilarious. The dolphins absolutely enjoy every minute of it... you can tell that the wheels are really turning in their heads when this happens. We bring our dog by there now just for the dolphins entertainment... it's really neat.

Their eyes let you know how intelligent they are. Beautiful creatures.
Oh, please film and post... I'd love to see/hear that one. Thanks for sharing

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Would love to see that, next time you gotta film it!

Oh, please film and post... I'd love to see/hear that one. Thanks for sharing

You guys are right, I need to get that on tape. Won't be back down there till summer, but I'll make a point of it.

I'm telling you, the dolphins really do almost as much noise making as my dog. They talk all kinds of shit apparently. The dolphins have their heads up way out of the water like Flipper would do. It's hilarious.

I was actually thinking about this after I posted on this earlier. Is this a sign that my dog is far more interesting than my family and I ? This may not be good.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
I wonder if the dolphins and dogs are simply more in alignment, conversationally, than humans and dolphins.