Dolamite close; Givens sick; Saffold working; Williams set

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Jim Thomas
http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football ... 62f7a.html

50303f4d1efa7.preview-620.jpg

LONDON • As the Rams got off their buses for Wednesday's practice at the Arsenal soccer team facility, out hopped Danny Amendola — in uniform, and toting a helmet.

He stretched, warmed up, caught some passes in individual drills and fielded some punts. At the end of the day, he was listed as limited on the Rams' official injury report. Three weeks ago today, Amendola suffered a separated SC joint — the joint where the collarbone meets the breastbone — trying to make a leaping grab.

Those close to Amendola estimated the recovery and rehab time as four to eight weeks. There's no way Amendola plays this Sunday against New England. But with a bye week once the team returns to the U.S., don't be surprised if Amendola is in the lineup Nov. 11 in San Francisco.

No one was happier to see him on the field Wednesday than quarterback Sam Bradford.

"Any time you get Danny out there, even if he's just doing a little bit (is good)," Bradford said after Wednesday's work. "And I think today, just the guys seeing him out there, knowing that he's close to coming back, he gave everyone a little bit of a spark."

The fact that Amendola could be back much closer to a month after the injury than eight weeks, comes as no surprise to Bradford.

"If it were up to Danny, he would've taken every rep today," Bradford said. "That's just how he is. Even last year, after he tore his triceps, he wanted to play. ... He never wants to miss a play. You really respect him for that."

Amendola's attempt to return following that triceps injury and dislocated elbow last year ended badly. He aggravated the triceps injury practicing during the team's 2011 bye week and underwent surgery. Bradford has given up trying to ask Amendola to slow down and take his time on injuries.

"I think I'm past that because I realize it really doesn't do much good with Danny," Bradford said. "Falling on deaf ears."

SAFFOLD WORKS

Even though left tackle Rodger Saffold didn't practice Wednesday, he did some running and drill work on the side. That's usually a sign that a player isn't far away from returning to practice — and games. Saffold has been out since suffering a knee injury against Washington in Game 2.

Linebacker Mario Haggan, who has missed the past two games with a thigh injury, also worked on the side, although he also did not participate in practice. Wide receiver Chris Givens accompanied the team to the Arsenal facility and began stretching and warming up but ended up not practicing because of illness.

Also not practicing were offensive tackle Wayne Hunter (back) and defensive end Eugene Sims (knee).

FRESH START

It has been a whirlwind week for offensive lineman Chris Williams. Following his release by Chicago on Oct. 16, the 2008 first-round pick from Vanderbilt visited Philadelphia, St. Louis and Arizona. Once he decided on the Rams, his first practice with his new team took place in London.

Last Sunday, he agreed to terms with the Rams, although he wasn't sure at first if the team was taking him to London.

"I knew I'd be headed somewhere, so I just started packing some essentials," Williams said. "And pretty much put my life in two bags."

However, he got a pretty good hint that he was coming to London when the Rams asked if he had a passport. Williams started a total of 38 games at both tackle spots and at left guard with the Bears, but played sparingly this season before his release.

He's not sure how long it will take him to learn the Rams' playbook and terminology.

"I don't think there's any way to estimate it, because the classroom's one thing," Williams said. "It's another thing when you've got Sam calling out the plays, and a defense that's moving."

F. Mulder

Starter
Re: Dolamite close; Givens sick; Saffold working; Williams s

I bet Givens got a slight case of jet-lag or ate something wrong. I bet he is full go by Friday. Saffold seems closer than Wells. Almost certain that post-bye week we will have Amendola, Haggans, and Saffold.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

According to the OFFICIAL Rams' twitter, Givens wasn't sick. It was Gibby and he's back at practice.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Side note: That's one freaky picture of Amendola.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau

X said:
Taunting while the play is still happening, that's why he IS Dolamite!

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau

Angry Ram said:
According to the OFFICIAL Rams' twitter, Givens wasn't sick. It was Gibby and he's back at practice.
BTW, that is a pretty big mistake, I saw that it was Givens in numerous articles. I guess in this technological era communication across the pond is still lacking.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame

DR RAM said:
X said:
Taunting while the play is still happening, that's why he IS Dolamite!
Yeah, but he'd better get a better grip on that ball. :what: