Doggy rips Fisher

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Psycho_X

Legend
He had some points until he started having an aneurysm about the uniforms. Then he was just yelling about shit to be yelling.

All though his point about Steve Young's voice was on point. Half the time I couldn't even hear what Young was saying.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
X, doesn't it make you wonder what Fisher saw in Goff over Wentz?
Yes. He doesn't fit the mold. If anything, Wentz is closer to Steve McNair than Goff is.
That said, maybe they think Goff will be able to give them what they thought Bradford would provide.
Like I said, I have no idea what this offense is supposed to be, so I'm not even sure who the best QB would be IN it.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
These guys are giving the Rams and Fish everything they deserve. They played like

tFl87CB2.jpeg

FRO

Legend
He had some points until he started having an aneurysm about the uniforms. Then he was just yelling about crap to be yelling.

All though his point about Steve Young's voice was on point. Half the time I couldn't even hear what Young was saying.
Why do radio guys feel the need to yell.

FRO

Legend
Yes. He doesn't fit the mold. If anything, Wentz is closer to Steve McNair than Goff is.
That said, maybe they think Goff will be able to give them what they thought Bradford would provide.
Like I said, I have no idea what this offense is supposed to be, so I'm not even sure who the best QB would be IN it.
I think one of the biggest issues with the Ram's offense is the lack of a blueprint. Goff came from an air raid offense. That doesn't fit our ground and pound offense. Wentz came from a pro offense where they ran a lot. Wentz was the better fit. Goff may be the better talent, but how will he play in a conservative run heavy offense?

TexasRam

Legend
I think one of the biggest issues with the Ram's offense is the lack of a blueprint. Goff came from an air raid offense. That doesn't fit our ground and pound offense. Wentz came from a pro offense where they ran a lot. Wentz was the better fit. Goff may be the better talent, but how will he play in a conservative run heavy offense?

True statement.

Goff is a super talented QB but will be utterly wasted with Fisher.

Fish needs to be tossed out. It smells.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame

Hmm, the Bradford aspect is a possibility I guess. I sure hope it isn't painted by Goff being a native son, playing at Cal or some marketing garbage like that, because I'm just as clueless about this guy. I just assumed they saw things about him we didn't.

They say history doesn't repeat but it sometimes rhymes. In this case we have Bradford who hadn't played for an entire year before being selected at #1 and paid handsomely. Then along comes Foles who had a dubious record to begin with and they pony up what, another $6 mil before he's taken a single snap and only weeks before his eventual collapse.. Now we have Goff, who in reality was a big fish in a small pond at Cal, promoted to 1rst round selection status, with a sterling record of 14-23 and a load of excuses as to why that didn't matter and now there's a clamor because he's not ready.....what a revelation. :fuelfire:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I saw Fishers Press conference after the game, and it was surreal. I heard the calm voice of someone explaining that yes, the game was bad and not what he expected...but shoot we;ll fix that. It was like watching John Astor in top hat and tuxedo in all of his victorian overconfidence, listening to the music on the deck of the Titanic..oh so calmly...Meanwhile, "we" are running around crazily, trying to escape disaster. This late into his tenure, there is absolutely no explanation that is valid for the failure. None. I am still stunned at how bad we looked last night, in the worst loss that I can remember in decades.
Seriously, I wonder if Fish is delusional as well in denial.? He screwed the pooch as HC of the Rams, and there is no getting around it...Meanwhile, the band plays on, and we look for a lifeboat...

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I thought when they selected goff they were gonna change the offense to suit him. If it looks the same as the one case has run in his 6 games with the Rams i might neck myself.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

Well, yeah... and 31 other teams function that way.

Fisher doesn't and because of how Stan Kroenke runs his sports businesses (Josh Kroenke fired George Karl after a 57 win season and playoff wins so... different management styles there), Fisher has a level of insulation others don't.

In every conceivable scenario, you're right... except Fisher hasn't and won't do that.

Just watch... he's going to try and fit Goff into this monstrosity of a bassackwards offense.

The biggest worry I have is that two years in this nightmare of a broken offensive system (and it's offensive, that's for sure) and the young man will be so damn confused that it'll be damn near impossible to get him back on track before another HC (cuz that decision will eventually come) decides to move on.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hearing Fishers voice makes me sick

You know, I have felt like this since 2013 after the Falcons game. He said he's not going to use the semi spread offense because he doesn't want to put the d in a bad spot with quick 3 and outs. This after the whole game was quick 3 and outs with drich running into the back of an olineman every running play. They didn't start moving on offense until they went into the hurry up spread them out offense.

Haven't been able to listen to his dinosaur voice since.