Does McSnead Go "All In" in 2024 or 2025?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
I assume what is meant by going all in is trading up in the draft to grab the QB1 successor to Matt. They need to grab a RB as well or they need to play Evans to see if they need to. They need another OT even if it's only for depth as swing. Arcuri must deliver or be cut. Rashan Gary will be a FA and he's the kind of edge they could use opposite Young.

Going all in IMO should include dumping Morris. It's no coincidence when he was left to his own devices the defense got worse each year and then Pleasant is hired and the ranking improved. Yet Morris to his shame is taking all the credit. I predicted the improvement because I knew Pleasant would try to get his DBs playing aggressively and he has. But he has no control over the mess on the weakside of the front 7. The answer is obvious.

Play Mathis at DE with Hampton behind him at WIL. Move Hoecht back to playing rotational 4T. Continue to use Turner in rotation between 0T and 4T. Or better yet dump the Fangio no pressure front and return to the Phillips style attacking one gap style.

2024 is likely the last year the Rams will have Stafford, Kupp and Donald. Fill the remaining holes and make their run for a second ring. The young guys they drafted this year will now be in their second year and ready to blossom. It's why they need to draft another WR as well to prep for when Kupp retires.

McVay should try to hire Kupp as a WR coach because you can see the difference his mentoring of Nacua has made. He also should try to hire Donald as an assist DL coach as well. He can also help in strength and conditioning something that seems poor on this team.
Regarding your first assumption, I would not assume it means drafting the QB1 successor at all.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
You make it like the brass is stupid - thats ridiculous. This season is that season to analyze what we need to compete for a SB. We don't need another. I think it will be clear by the end of this season where we are deficiencies lie and now that all the rookies and CBs/Safeties have another year to get their feet solidly planted - we fill in with several strong upgrades whether it is a 1st or 2nd round pick or 2- 3 top flight free agents. We are not far off we can easily compete for a title next year imo.
Aside from Donald we have no high end defensive players. Jones is above average. But not pro bowl caliber. Young has potential. And Turner. Some of the secondary too. But right now, potential is all it is. We might have more cap money to fill spots but its not like we're gonna pick up a bunch of pro bowlers. The money is not unlimited. The offensive line needs improvement.

We don't know if they will be a championship caliber squad next year. For all we know they might have too many deficiencies to fill in one year. Hence, why I said wait a few games to see what they look like. Assuming some guys who have yet to reach their potential will be good enough would be a mistake. Not everyone with potential reaches it.

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
Oregon/Washington today - looks like a couple of first round QB's on display.
I do like the Penix kid, however....

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
I feel like the Bennett selection was to secure a cheap, viable backup QB to Stafford the next couple years - so that they can utilize their 1st rounder (and 2nd) on plug and play OT, CB and/or Edge. Then address QB in 2025.
Makes me wonder if the current Bennett situation will change that think. Especially with multiple college QBs looking so good beyond just Williams (Maye, Penix, Nix, Sanders, McCarthy, etc.). Enticing to take a stab at a QB of the future.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
No thanks on Penix. I hate that release.

Tano

Legend
After watching him play today, I have to agree with you.

He does not have a pro arm with that release.

Caleb still has the best chance of being a very good pro once he starts to read defenses better

I think he just needs a really good teacher for that.

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
Interesting....
I don't have the ability to judge those sorts of attributes.
At least at this level, he seems pretty efficient...

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
Good gosh it is horrible. Side arm slinging it. What’s a big dude throwing like that for? I don’t thinking I’d touch him either.

Nix in the 2nd (if he were there) might be hard to pass up.

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
Well... I see it now! :wow2:
Penix is sucking down the stretch....

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Somebody will draft him high off the athletics and their thinking they can fix the release.