Does McSnead clean house next year?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
If the Rams finish sub .500 do you see mcVay and snead cleaning house at the end of the season?
I'm speaking on both player and coaching personnel.

I'm thinking there will be a massive changes next season. I just get that feeling

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
The Rams currently have only 38 players under contract for 2023, so cleaning house will be fairly automatic without many more McSnead personnel cuts.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
It depends on what you call clean house.

The safety room really misses a sure tackling high football IQ guy like John Johnson. Right now that and an edge rusher are the most glaring weakness on Defense.

On offense it’s all about the Oline and signing/drafting a good guard center or two could fix that.
They do need a TE.

Cleaning house would be creating a bigger project than necessary.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
0F3140F1-3D74-4011-8F71-C2E75E0CDBE2.jpeg

The GSOT had a lull in between successful seasons. The Rams had one a few years ago and didn’t sell the farm.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Anybody know the average percentage of turnover for an NFL team? I gotta believe it's close to 20% (or more). That's 10 - 11 guys give or take.

Whitworth, Corbett, SJD, Miller, D Will, OBJ, Mundt, Woods, Hekker, Michel, Obo. That's 11, and there are more.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
If the Rams finish sub .500 do you see mcVay and snead cleaning house at the end of the season?

I'm thinking there will be a massive changes next season. I just get that feeling

Examples ? TE is a position of need. Hopkins is a head case. WOW though he came through on the biggest stage.

Coaching ? Where is Boni’fd with his Carebear?

I think the TE coach or RB coaches have not done all that well?
- cohen ? I think all those guys game planning in Olsen,Robinson & Cohen are all keepers.

On defense ? I think ALL the coaches have been solid.

I don’t see where that happens?
The new OLB/DE coach might need to be changed. Shula is doing well as a CB’s coach.

BuffaloRam

Hall of Fame
I think the off-season will see some churn of players and some staff but I think we are another year away before a decision is made to dramatically overhaul the roster. Crazy to think that the first 1st round pick that McVay will get input into will be in 2024 - his 8th season as HC

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Anybody know the average percentage of turnover for an NFL team? I gotta believe it's close to 20% (or more). That's 10 - 11 guys give or take.

Whitworth, Corbett, SJD, Miller, D Will, OBJ, Mundt, Woods, Hekker, Michel, Obo. That's 11, and there are more.
Eric Weedle was the glue.

Let’s finish out the season.I LOVE the way players develop & we will see a few players improve a lot.
A’ Jackson has been GREAT to watch. Noteboom will be depth at LT?

Evans & Edwards both might be gone.Taylor Rapp has to go. Nick Scott is going to get PAID. Troy Hill & David Long both could be gone.

RB ? HENDO ?
DT Robinson & Gaines ?

These guys though were big on The Rams winning the SuperBowl,but that is in the review mirror now.

Last edited:

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
With so many cluster injuries on o-line, I cannot see it. They in all likelihood will try and improve on the roster in the normal course, like any off-season. We have at least another year (probably 2 or 3) with this elite group to try and win another title.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There is always turn over of about a fifth of the roster and think this will be the same.

I don’t think anybody gets fired on the coaching staff. Morris likely gets a HC gig and could take a couple coaches with him. Most of our position coaches have a three year contract so not sure who’s deal is up but it’s always possible some of those aren’t brought back. Basically I think there could be changes on the coaching staff but it will be a natural effec5 not a mass firing.

dang

Legend
A 9-8 (or worse) season will not set well with McVay While he may be part of the problem he has to look at his offense as pathetic this year. Got to have a deep threat WR, got to improve the RB room, May need to replace all OL starters except Hav (AJAx, Bruss and Anchrum could help but need a couple studs), figure out what’s wrong w/Higbee and fix/replace. That’s essentially an offensive overhaul.

Ramlife

Rookie
Name
Bill
It depends on what you call clean house.

The safety room really misses a sure tackling high football IQ guy like John Johnson. Right now that and an edge rusher are the most glaring weakness on Defense.

On offense it’s all about the Oline and signing/drafting a good guard center or two could fix that.
They do need a TE.

Cleaning house would be creating a bigger project than necessary.
Its amazes me that the Rams dont have a better cover safety than Rapp.i mean is Burgess that bad?

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
There is always turn over of about a fifth of the roster and think this will be the same.

I don’t think anybody gets fired on the coaching staff. Morris likely gets a HC gig and could take a couple coaches with him. Most of our position coaches have a three year contract so not sure who’s deal is up but it’s always possible some of those aren’t brought back. Basically I think there could be changes on the coaching staff but it will be a natural effec5 not a mass firing.

How the hell do you post exactly what I was gonna say every time?!

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
How the hell do you post exactly what I was gonna say every time?!
It’s probably just a coincidence, or you guys think alike. However, just to be safe, maybe you should check the closets and under the beds. Maybe set off a bug-bomb and catch a movie.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It’s probably just a coincidence, or you guys think alike. However, just to be safe, maybe you should check the closets and under the beds. Maybe set off a bug-bomb and catch a movie.
A bug bomb would definitely work on me!

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped

Echoing what others have stated.. there's a ton of change every year in the NFL.. and McVay hasn't had the benefit of very much stability because people are always stealing his coaches.

One thing I thought was interesting from the 11 personnel podcast this week... Jourdan mentioned coaches not being experienced enough or comfortable enough to say to McVay and Snead.. "hey, I can't coach this guy up.. he's just not a player."

That's an interesting take.

I think there will be less of a personnel turnover than "cleaning house" would suggest.. outside of the normal attrition related to contracts, etc.