Does Fisher have enough good outside Corners for 2016 season?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
I didn't know the second wave of Free Agency period and regards to Comp picks. Thanks for that
Looking forward to Donte being a box safety & TJ as deep Safety.

Baron, Whitner, MacDonald bring the wood this season!!!

…..

Legend
Greg don't need no little cornerbacks when we can just sign a wild pack of hard hitting safeties to lower some BOOM after the receivers catch the ball.

:D

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I'm telling you all right now and herd my words... Don't sleep on Winston Rose. He's definitely not bad for the #6 CB and I could see him move up the roster eventually once he gets the scheme and speed under his belt.
I already have him penciled in at #6 CB!(y);):D

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
At the Rams Official site their Player Roster is up-to-Date. I don't believe their Depth Chart is " Up-to-Date". At least that's the way it appears to me! At this time of year they are always behind on that .

DickersonGurley

Naga...nagunnaposthereanymore
Name
Faulk
Joyner and Roberson are good players. I don't worry about them.

Honestly I think he brought in a couple of UDFA db's that have a legitimate shot of making team and possibly playing.

Honestly I think they did really well with there UDFA....there could be up to 2 CB that make the roster. They really like Michael Jordan. Depends on how his game transfers from small school. Winston Rose was under consideration to be drafted. Fisher had him in before draft and workedo him out. He may be the fastest player in camp.

I almost guarantee a safety will make it. I hope it's Randolph. Dude was falsely classified as slower because he's a ridiculous physical specimen who just destroys people. Did like 30 reps at 225 and says he can do 37. He went out and ran a 4.43 at pro day and I bet Greg Williams got so excited he had to sit down.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The only bona fide outside corner that has arrived since the draft concluded is a UDFA 5-11 177 pound Winston Rose from New Mexico State. UDFA DB Mike Jordan has the look of being an NFL deep safety than a Gregg Williams kind of man corner. They released 2nd yr CB Patterson last week.
CB's
#1-Coty Sensabaugh 27/5 5-11/187 (4th rd.2012)Nickle
#2-Trumaine Johnson 26/5 6-2/210 (3rd rd.2012)
#3-Lamarcus Joyner 25/3 5-8/184 (2nd rd.2014)Nickle
#4-Marcus Roberson 23/3 6-0/191 (UDFA)
#5-EJ Gaines 24/2 5-10/190 (6th rd.2014)
#6?-Troy Hill 24/1 5-10/182 (UDFA)
#7?-Winston Rose 21/R 6-0/174 (UDFA)

Looks like we can scratch off Winston Rose after today's roster moves. Leaving only 6 corners on the roster.

DenverRam

Starter
not worried about CB position, Rams have a good core. Worried about LB and Edge Rushers.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
not worried about CB position, Rams have a good core. Worried about LB and Edge Rushers.
At first glance we look fine @ DE or Edge Rushers but when you dig deep there could be some areas of concerns.

Only real known edge rusher is the surgically repaired Rob Quinn. Sims/Hayes/Coples/Longacre have not shown any real abilities to get constant pressure on the QB but they are solid against the run. Ethan Westbrooks who has played mostly inside might have some good abilities to get pressure but its an unknown going into his 3rd season. Snead did haul in some tweeners i.e. Zack Hodges/ Kache Palacio/ Ian Seau that might stick but lets not forget about Akeem Ayers either he has shown some flashes of skill to pressure the QB in a two pt. stance.

In your 2nd listed area of concern I am just fine with our current signed LB unit. Now that we have secure Barron & took up the 5th yr option on Ogletree. The LB'ing units two starters.

The reserve Lb'ers usually standing around on the sideline of Akeem Ayers, Hager & Lynch is a decent bunch & the newly drafted SS/MLB'er Josh Forrest has some nice skills to add to the unit too. Looks awful crowded to me 13 listed LB'ers overall for only two starting positions to back up.
They added a CB when they released him
Jabriel Washington - DB - Alabama
http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/cfb/134859/jabriel-washington

Appears to me he will be added to the deep safety competition instead of joining the Johnson- Gaines- Roberson- Sensabaugh CB quartet. But we never really know how things will work out for him.
Former Alabama Safety Jabriel Washington will have a chance to extend his football career in the NFL. The Los Angeles Rams have signed Washington after he attended their rookie minicamp over the weekend. Washington is getting a shot at the pros even though he started one game during his four seasons at Alabama. Washington played in 39 games with the Crimson Tide, bouncing back to finish his senior season after missing the first five contests because of a knee injury suffered in practice.

Last edited:

RamWoodie

Legend
This is a tough call because the Rams have very good potential in young CBs Gaines and Roberson, but the experience level drops off after Johnson and Sensabaugh. The safety situation is solid...it's the CB situation that's key and how well they play.

At this point...HOPEFUL...is the word after the CB starters.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Looks like we can scratch off Winston Rose after today's roster moves. Leaving only 6 corners on the roster.
By My count we Still have "8 Players" who are CB's or can Play the Position:
* Johnson
* EJ Gaines
* Hill
* Jordan
* Washington
* Roberson
* Sensabaugh
And
* Joyner
That's 8 or am I incorrect!? Comments? Anyone?

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I've never gotten the lack of depth argument at CB I have seen throughout the off season. Are we as talented as last year? probably not, but we are definitely deeper. We faced a similar predicament last year when Jenks was locked in as the CB1 and Tru coming off injury was battling Gaines for the CB2 job. This year Tru is the CB1 and Gaines coming off injury is battling Sensabaugh for the CB2 job. There is an added element this year because the looser of the CB2 job should battle Joyner for the nickel spot. In Tru, Gaines, Sensabaugh, Roberson/UDFA on the outside and Joyner, Gaines, and Sensabaugh on the inside the Rams have way more depth versatility compared to last year.
I happen to like our current overall depth @ CB if all can remain somewhat healthy. Far much better than in 2012/2013 little better than in 2014 & very close to what we had last season.

Our new Ram #1 outside corner...Trumaine Johnson has yet to be able to start for an entire season. In 4 seasons TJ has started 32 of the 64 games. TJ is coming off his best season in 2015,where he missed starting 3 games & missed parts of 2 other games. He was also benched for for violating team rules. TJ has has experienced 2 concussions protocols. In 2014 he was only healthy enough to start only 5 games after a nasty sprained MCL. TJ has an arrest on drunk driving charges back in 2013. In addition he has missed practices for oversleeping. His rookie season was slowed by a hip injury.

Our new #2 outside CB EJ Gaines entering his 3rd season has been available to start for 15 games. He was a Ram rookie 6th rd rookie corner sensation. When Tru suffered the knee injury EJ moved in & excelled. His rookie season was played through a bad sore knee & then a nasty concussion took him out in the next to last game of 2014. He missed the entire 2015 season after undergoing surgery to repair a Lisfranc injury in his foot.

Our 3rd outside CB Marcus Roberson is entering his 3rd season & unlike the top two corners had a injury free 2015 season even though he did miss playing 6 games his rookie season due to an ankle injury. No concerns here.

The 4th outside CB is new Coty Sensabaugh. I like this UFA signing by Snead. He is coming off his best injury free season in 2015. Coty does have injury history before 2015 had 2 previous injury fill seasons in 2014 & 2013(IR'd) [Knee/foot/concussion/]. He started only 12 games for his first 3 seasons & only started for 1 NCAA season.

Lamarcus Joyner is no NFL outside corner has big concerns (SHORT comings) but he is an emergency 5th corner for Gregg. Troy Hill has the talent if he wants to be an outside CB but you would be foolish to not have concerns surrounding his off-field character issues (3 teams in less than a yr.). Not here for long. Other possible concerns is Fisher currently does not have any newly additional bona fide outside rookie corners going into OTA's at this time but he is obviously looking.