Does everyone view Amendola as just a slot receiver?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

nighttrain

Legend
DR RAM said:
CGI_Ram said:
His bread and butter is out of the slot.

Me personally, I don't see him nearly as effective lining up outside and particularly if he had to do it on a regular basis.

Thats my opinion anyway.
+1.
Slot most definately , and probably for another team, ie the patsies
train

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
X said:
jrry32 said:
X said:
Simba said:
I think he's a great player, but he needs inches and pound for the split or flanker position.
I don't know. He could certainly *benefit* from that, but I don't think he needs it. I just got done recording and editing that 80 yard reception he had against the 49ers (1st game) in OT where he was lined up on the outside, but then I threw it in the trash after watching it again. It really pissed me off after listening to the commentary and watching how long it took for that penalty flag to show up. Still bugs me to this day.

It ticked me off but it was the right call. Before the play, I said out loud to myself...shouldn't Gibson be on the LOS?
Yeah, I know. In retrospect it was valid. The 3 minute delay before throwing the flag though? Unacceptable. You wouldn't expect refs to be talked into throwing a flag (literally) minutes after the play is over. And Gibson lining up wrong affected that play how much? Zero. Woulda been nice if that play stood though. That would have put Bradford at around 355 yards passing for the day. Against SF. IN SF.

No doubt, was an amazing game from Sam. Gibson lining up wrong doesn't take away the throw...which was an unbelievable throw.

Ram Quixote said:
That and the quick flag on the DOG penalty on the (game-winning) FG.

That ticked me off. Considering the leeway they give guys like Manning, Brady and Brees on DoG penalties. They threw the flag despite us getting the snap off right as it hit 0. I've seen them let plays stand where the snap came a couple full seconds after 0. So stupid.