Does anyone know if our rookie pass catchers are returning?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
I haven't read anything about Cooper or Spruce yet. I feel like those two are going to help the offense a little more. Any news on their potential returns? Thanks!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Last report I believe had Cooper as doubtful and Spruce as out.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, Tyler "Hands of Stone" Higbee was in, doing his best Jared Cook impression last week....

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Well, Tyler "Hands of Stone" Higbee was in, doing his best Jared Cook impression last week....

Let's not be too hard on Tyler just yet Loyal. The dude is a rookie and SF has a very good defense. Before we lay new nicknames on the guy let's allow him to settle in a bit. I will also go back to some previous conversations we have had here about rookie TEs. It might be the toughest position for rookies to have impact in. Even Gronk wasn't beast mode right out the gate. Cue up Seattle and it's gonna be the same drill, it's a very tough defense on pass catchers.

All I want to see from him is get the experience of being in the games, and help convert a first down or two per game while he's settling in. Same deal as with Coop and Spruce, just a handful of catches between them. If those things start happening this offense will grow a lot.

IMO he will have a game here and there where his talent shows. But I'm just not expecting it to be every week, at least for now.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Let's not be too hard on Tyler just yet Loyal. The dude is a rookie and SF has a very good defense. Before we lay new nicknames on the guy let's allow him to settle in a bit. I will also go back to some previous conversations we have had here about rookie TEs. It might be the toughest position for rookies to have impact in. Even Gronk wasn't beast mode right out the gate. Cue up Seattle and it's gonna be the same drill, it's a very tough defense on pass catchers.

All I want to see from him is get the experience of being in the games, and help convert a first down or two per game while he's settling in. Same deal as with Coop and Spruce, just a handful of catches between them. If those things start happening this offense will grow a lot.

IMO he will have a game here and there where his talent shows. But I'm just not expecting it to be every week, at least for now.
It's my impression that even in the later Preseason games, Higbee was not hanging onto the ball, so I am still waiting to be impressed by him.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
It's my impression that even in the later Preseason games, Higbee was not hanging onto the ball, so I am still waiting to be impressed by him.

You're correct. He looked good vs Dallas but after that meh.

But again, TE is a rough position to break into the league playing. His head is probably spinning from blocking assignments and not getting trucked, and barring the Rams just lining him up in the slot (which I think a great OC would do tbh) and letting him focus solely on the passing game, it's gonna take time.

I'm still high on him, but that is because in practice the dude stood out like crazy. He's much more than Cook I think, just gonna take some time to show.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Pass catcher is a very optimistic term for a Ram receiver. Be Careful
giphy.gif

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
This^ doesn't sound good! But my guess is he'll be in their!!(y);):D

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Cooper & Spruce said they're waiting for Goff to start.....Higbee's doing his best to help that along...:ROFLMAO::mrburnsevil::neener::nice::snicker:

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Neither will play...I'm all knowing...Or not...I really don't think we'll see either one...

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Spruce was listed as OUT along with Gaines on the injury report yesterday. Cooper was listed as questionable. I'm not sure he will be playing if he is still not 100% with that shoulder

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Cooper played today #10 right? Got pissed off cause he had 1 on 1 coverage and was breaking a post route and case didn't see him.