does anyone know how Stedman Bailey is doing in camp?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
It sounds like he's going to be a Barrett Jones like player for us this year. He can play well anywhere, but they wanna give other guys the rock while he developers. Not saying he won't see time, but it's not easy to uproot Austin, Pettis, Givens, Quick, and and the new Dane Looker.

Why the heck have heard about Herk... , Dane Looker, than we have Bailey? That dude is taking Bailey's spot light :shock: !!! Now that he pulled a hammy, unfortunately, we may hear more on Bailey. I have a feeling he's doing fine, but the circumstances overshadow him. If I remember right, he turned someone around, either Johnson or Jenkins, with a double move first day of camp.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Bailey seems to be the guy who just does a lot of things rally well, but nothing better than the other guys. If that makes sense. He catches just about everything thrown his way. He runs good routes, but just doesn't get the ball thrown to him as much as some of the other guys right now.

He is in the rotation, and most of the time is on the field with Quick and/or Austin and Cook. Easy to be over looked in that scenario.

As for Helmick, the kid just jumps out at you with every practice. He came out of nowhere, to earn reps with the 2's by the 3rd practice. Now that he has gone down with a hamstring, someone like N. Johnson may take advantage of that opportunity.

But to get back to Bailey, he's not doing anything wrong per se', but its pretty apparent, at the moment he is in fact #5 in the pecking order.

A55VA6

Legend
Bailey seems like that guy that won't blow your mind.. but he's consistantly very solid. Seems like he's having a nice camp. His tweets about studying the playbook instead of partying are the best thing of all though. Kid wants to be great.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
A55VA6 said:
Bailey seems like that guy that won't blow your mind.. but he's consistantly very solid. Seems like he's having a nice camp. His tweets about studying the playbook instead of partying are the best thing of all though. Kid wants to be great.
I will go on record to say in a year maybe 2 he will blow minds. Instead of rushing it and getting injured he is taking his time to learn and cultivate his talent.

A55VA6

Legend
Rabid Ram said:
A55VA6 said:
I will go on record to say in a year maybe 2 he will blow minds. Instead of rushing it and getting injured he is taking his time to learn and cultivate his talent.
I definitely agree. I think he can be a star but maybe not right away.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I've seen a number of good tweets on him. Love having that kind of depth at WR. I wouldn't be surprised if he were like Ricky Proehl, there when you need him and very dependable. Defenses aren't hawking him so he's able to be a reliable check down or special play guy. If he's the Rams' number 5, we are headed in the right direction!

jap

Legend
With solid receivers in front of him, there's no rush for Sted to push for a lot of playing time. He can ease his way into the rotation and make his jump upwards in Year Two.

When is the last time we had a truly talented rookie WR who could just ease his way into the rotation? :ww:

I'm pretty sure Sted will push for time with the special teams so he can block for roommate Tavon once more.

ramsaddiction

Rookie
Name
Anthony
I hope he's as dedicated to squats as he is the playbook; he has Paris Hilton legs.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
ramsaddiction said:
I hope he's as dedicated to squats as he is the playbook; he has Paris Hilton legs.
So, you want to fuck him?

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
RamzFanz said:
I've seen a number of good tweets on him. Love having that kind of depth at WR. I wouldn't be surprised if he were like Ricky Proehl, there when you need him and very dependable. Defenses aren't hawking him so he's able to be a reliable check down or special play guy. If he's the Rams' number 5, we are headed in the right direction!

Eggsactly! Think about it ... we are now talking about being 5-6 deep at the WR position.. LMFAO! Seriously!?! For so long we have been wishing for just a #2 type WR to show up .... now we are talking about guys being pretty good all the way to the 5th & 6th spots. I'll take that shit ANY day!

Hopefully soon, the RB position will stabilize and become clearer. We have some talented runners.. .but the pass pro back there kind worries me. May mean more quick 3 step drops to get the LB's to back off a bit. If we have to leave LK back there to block, it is going to take another weapon out of the play ... well .. RB's can swing out but still.

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
So everything here (how he does everything pretty well) seems like he's another Pettis. Not a knock, more of a 'am I understanding this correctly?'

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
ReddingRam said:
RamzFanz said:

Eggsactly! Think about it ... we are now talking about being 5-6 deep at the WR position.. LMFAO! Seriously!?! For so long we have been wishing for just a #2 type WR to show up .... now we are talking about guys being pretty good all the way to the 5th & 6th spots. I'll take that shyte ANY day!

Hopefully soon, the RB position will stabilize and become clearer. We have some talented runners.. .but the pass pro back there kind worries me. May mean more quick 3 step drops to get the LB's to back off a bit. If we have to leave LK back there to block, it is going to take another weapon out of the play ... well .. RB's can swing out but still.
If our receivers truley do hold up to their talent and our backs dont shine i see us going after a top level one nexr year

Slappy967

Starter
Yeah it sounds like he is definitely good but not great yet. Considering how explosive Austin is its easy to get caught in his shadow but I feel like the more in game reps he gets during the season the more he will show up on tape. Christ we have had a handful of practices so far and everyone is in agreement that he is looking good and no one has compared him to Mardy Gilyard yet.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
All I know is, we're to the point that losing a receiver is a bad thing. Before it was all we could do to get one on the roster who could stick (or stay healthy). Now we're worrying about losing any of them. We're finally in the "good problems" part of team building.

tonyl711

Starter
Bailey actually had better numbers than Austin in college, he is no slouch at WR and could end up being a steal in last years draft.