Do you think this will make a difference?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I feel this should have been put in place long ago, but do you think this news will keep us from yelling at the TV less often?

Screenshot_20210322-082148_Chrome.jpg

jjab360

Legend
I know this will be a blow to the refs' egos, but the fact is that they shouldn't have as much of an impact on the result of the game as they do. We have the technology to lessen the impact of their bad calls so why not use it?

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I’ve considered this but never really came down solidly on one side or the other.

How far will it go? Every play? Only certain calls? Will it make the refs on the field more lazy?

When I think about Goff getting hit in the head and not getting a call, I’d like to see that changed.

When I think about a play in NO in the playoffs????

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
I’ve considered this but never really came down solidly on one side or the other.

How far will it go? Every play? Only certain calls? Will it make the refs on the field more lazy?

When I think about Goff getting hit in the head and not getting a call, I’d like to see that changed.

When I think about a play in NO in the playoffs????
Maybe I'm misreading it but I don't think this refers to penalties. Called or not called.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Maybe I'm misreading it but I don't think this refers to penalties. Called or not called.
It does sound like replays only. Hopefully they are allowed to chime in on penalties called or not called.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
It won’t help because it won’t be like they’ll call down to the field and say, “ you missed Aaron Donald being held, again.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I feel this should have been put in place long ago, but do you think this news will keep us from yelling at the TV less often?

View attachment 44488

Was it ever disclosed that the officials in New York were doing this in some games last year?

I saw more flags picked up last year after huddles by officials... I was convinced they were getting whispered in the ear by replay officials in New York, to pick up flags or change close calls.

I thought I saw this several times last season.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Was it ever disclosed that the officials in New York were doing this in some games last year?

I saw more flags picked up last year after huddles by officials... I was convinced they were getting whispered in the ear by replay officials in New York, to pick up flags or change close calls.

Honestly I'm not sure. Would have to dig around for info like that. If they do and there's no info on it, wonder if they don't share that info to spare the refs egos.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sounds like VAR in European soccer which is wildly inconsistent, it will all depend on the people doing it.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
The more eyes that look at it the better. Their goal should always be to make the correct call and spot the ball correctly.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Canadian paranoia, ref destroya