Do You Think Rams will claim anybody?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Well...there's two cornerbacks on the market that I liked in their respective drafts: Briean Boddy-Calhoun and Al-Hajj Shabazz. So...here's hoping that we get one of them?

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You gotta think they are looking at the safeties out there ...

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yeah - put me in the camp of I don't think they will. If a big bodied DT comes up? Maybe. It just doesn't seem to be what they do.

Anybody know about how many players get picked up off waivers after the cut downs? Just curious.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
I would have to think LB. Three rookies is just stupid. Unless you plan on Alexander doing a Barron type switch. But I wouldn't mind taking a chance on a DB like Milliner.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I would have to think LB. Three rookies is just stupid. Unless you plan on Alexander doing a Barron type switch. But I wouldn't mind taking a chance on a DB like Milliner.
That would be an interesting lineup. Move Alexander to LB and sign a DB. Barron, Tree and Alexander would be a very fast LB crew.

SierraRam

Recreational User
I would have to think LB.

Me too! Before he tore his ACL in 2014, Nate Irving was having a terrific season in Denver. At 250 lbs he's stout against the run. He was having a good camp in Indy, and was a 'surprise cut' according to ESPN:

'ESPN Colts reporter Mike Wells said ILB Nate Irving saw the majority of the first-team snaps'

Are we moving on completely from Christian Bryant?

It looks that way. Like several on this forum, I thought he was our FS 'dark horse.' He was great at Ohio State, but I guess the horrible injury that derailed his senior season was too much to overcome...

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
They didn't like something about Cam Thomas, I thought he played well. I'd like to see them sign a big body to back up Brockers.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
Alot of people are clamoring for a big backup NT, but thats just not the Rams m.o., so don't hold your breath

Maybe a swing tackle. We could do alot a better than Murphy who only played 10 snaps the last 2 preseason games

Even with 7 WRs on the initial 53 the WR core is seriously lacking, so I would definitely look for an upgrade there.

3 safeties way too thin, so I definitely expect the Rams to cut an offensive player to add a safety because we are disproportionately heavy on the offensive side of the ball.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Sources: Broncos looking to find trade partner for CB Aqib Talib
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17457515/denver-broncos-looking-trade-cb-aqib-talib

The Denver Broncos are making Pro Bowl cornerback Aqib Talib available via
trade for the right price, sources told ESPN's Dianna Russini on Saturday.

Broncos general manager John Elway denied the report.

"False," Elway told reporters. "[Talib's] name was never brought up anywhere."

Talib, entering his ninth NFL season, had three interceptions -- two of which were returned for touchdowns -- and 45 tackles during the Broncos' championship season in 2015.

The three-time Pro Bowl selection also has played for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and New England Patriots.

Talib suffered a gunshot wound to his lower right leg in the early-morning hours of June 5 in Dallas. He avoided surgery and was released from the hospital the following day, and the incident forced him to miss the Broncos' visit to the White House to commemorate their Super Bowl 50 win.

According to the police report, Talib said he didn't know who shot him and that the bullet "entered into the rear of his right thigh then exited his right calf."

Talib, who missed the first 10 days of training camp, returned to practice with the Broncos Aug. 8 and was asked if he shot himself.

"The situation is still under review, and we have to respect that process," Talib said then. "I'm not going to talk about that right now, but I feel great."

On Aug. 17, the Dallas police department confirmed it was investigating the possibility that Talib shot himself.

The NFL is investigating the matter.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Thomas was fat, and slow.

Maybe now, we see the Whitner signing? Or is he on a team?

After week 1

"Every player with four or more years of service who is on a team’s Week One roster can collect the balance of his salary as termination pay, if he’s cut at any point during the season. It’s a benefit for players with four or more years of service, and it can be a significant chunk of change."

Last edited:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
After week 1

"Every player with four or more years of service who is on a team’s Week One roster can collect the balance of his salary as termination pay, if he’s cut at any point during the season. It’s a benefit for players with four or more years of service, and it can be a significant chunk of change."

So, if the released him and resign him, then Cam is not guaranteed his full payment if cut later?

And does that mean a veteran guy like Whitner would be more likely to be signed after week 1?

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
So, if the released him and resign him, then Cam is not guaranteed his full payment if cut later?

And does that mean a veteran guy like Whitner would be more likely to be signed after week 1?

Correct - the market for vested veterans will get a bit better right after week 1 for this reason. Maybe that means Cam gets brought back in - or maybe it is Whitner (although you wonder why he didn't get a camp look)

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
It seems our LB'S and secondary are either very young or have had recent injuries. I would like to add more veteran depth here. Not young potential.

OT depth is still a concern with Hav and Saffold coming off injuries.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
OT depth is still a concern with Hav and Saffold coming off injuries.

Hav and Saffold's health is a concern, but this is the first time in a LONG time I actually think we have a good oline with decent depth. Albeit, young depth.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Correct - the market for vested veterans will get a bit better right after week 1 for this reason. Maybe that means Cam gets brought back in - or maybe it is Whitner (although you wonder why he didn't get a camp look)

I thought about Whitner because the Rams only have 3safeties. Letting McLeod get away is looking like a mistake. I think Mo can play both safety spots. But, TJ has had some trouble staying healthy. They are scary thin At Safety.

Mayybe they figure that they can move Barron back to McDonald's spot