Do the Rams have top 3 Safety depth on their roster?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
Am I being a Rams homer or do they have some serious roster depth at safety?

It sure feels like the Rams have one of the top 3 deepest groups at the safety position in the NFL.

1. Jordan Fuller
2. Taylor Rapp
3. Terrell Burgess
4. JuJu Hughes
5. JR Reed
6. Nick Scott (banged up knee)

OIP.H2UgVgBivR0R1rTAAUenOwHaHa

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Am I being a Rams homer or do they have some serious roster depth at safety?

It sure feels like the Rams have one of the top 3 deepest groups at the safety position in the NFL.

1. Jordan Fuller
2. Taylor Rapp
3. Terrell Burgess
4. JuJu Hughes
5. JR Reed
6. Nick Scott (banged up knee)

OIP.H2UgVgBivR0R1rTAAUenOwHaHa
They look good overall but lack that All Pro talent. Plus some of them are being graded by us fans on potential. We haven’t really seen much of them play. Aside from Rapp, maybe Fuller.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Safety idk about our S2 spot. Depth looks amazing sure. But who starts opposite Fuller. Whole thing is kind of vague to me atm but yes the depth is great.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nah you’re definitely looking at this through your rams glasses. We have 2 young guys who showed some promise and Rapp who has been up and down.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Burgess should be the starter opposite Fuller.

Morris should use Rapp as a hybrid LB.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Nice play by Juju here, showing those instincts early in the game:

At the snap Juju right side safety. 85 gonna run a flat...
1629745871247.png

At the break the QB winding up to make the throw. Juju already moving, none of that flat-footed shit by this guy...
1629745960115.png

Poorly placed by 3 on the inside shoulder (throw a little late tbh) and Juju in position to make the pick...
1629746015013.png

Unfortunately he doesn't make the INT. But the instincts here are important IMO...
1629746094727.png

Last edited:

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Nice play by Juju here, showing those instincts early in the game:

At the snap Juju right side safety. 85 gonna run a flat...
View attachment 47451

At the break the QB winding up to make the throw. Juju already moving, none of that flat-footed shit by this guy...
View attachment 47452

Poorly placed by 3 on the inside shoulder (throw a little late tbh) and Juju in position to make the pick...
View attachment 47453

Unfortunately he doesn't make the INT. But the instincts here are important IMO...
View attachment 47454

Yeah, I think that JuJu doesn't get the respect he deserves. He's a solid safety, would probably be a starter on a lesser team.

With that said, J.R. Reed absolutely needs to make this team. We'll regret it if we let him go. Hell, given a choice between Reed and Scott, I'd take Reed every day, especially on Sundays.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
No, there is no Ram safety being considered to be in the top half of all 2021 starting NFL safeties. However, Snead sure deserves some credit for this 2021 Safety unit & I am sure that DC Morris & DB coach Ejiro Evero are all well pleased with what they have available.

This safety unit is very young with FS Nick Scott & SS Jake Gervase both being only 26 yrs old here the longest going back to 2019. Taylor Rapp came here with the most hype & thus far has fallen short in fulfillment However he is only 23 yr old. 23 yr old Jordan Fuller & 22 yr old Terrell Burgess came in last year & both do show great promise.

The two newest UDFA newcomers came in late last season with Fuller/Burgess....JuJu Hughes is definitely a free safety type who is only 23 yrs old. This UGA UDFA JR Reed is a very serious Strong Safety who is very short on speed but after that, he is well endowed with skills to make play after play when he is on the field near the LOS.

Kudos Snead!