Do Animals Love Us ?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I've got two videos here that are truly emotional and eye opening. I don't think we realize just how smart... and human-like... animals really are.

This 1st vid shows a man reunited with a guerrilla after 5 years. 5 years! I recommend watching it all the way to the end as there is more of the meeting at the very end...

This one is heart wrenching, but you've got to see it. This poor chimp is 59 and isn't long for the world. Watch what happens when she realizes the guy is her old caretaker that she hasn't seen in a very long time.

Last edited:

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Thanks for sharing @Selassie I

My dogs "hug" me and rub their face on mine and clearly show emotion and love. It is pretty sweet.

I think God gave us animals as incubated love, knowing that we would often fail each other, and show conditional love. Dogs, and clearly other animals, show unconditional love.

I love the saying, " I want to be the man my dog thinks I am."

RedRam

Pro Bowler
I think God gave us animals as incubated love, knowing that we would often fail each other, and show conditional love. Dogs, and clearly other animals, show unconditional love.
I've said for a very long time that Dog is God spelled backwards because of unconditional love. My dog will always be at my side. The only thing that separates us is my leaving him to go to work or someplace else.

A55VA6

Legend
Animals are amazing and smarter than people think. Videos like this just show the emotions the animals feel, just like we do.

Petrowsky

Rookie
Name
Petrowsky
Hahaha. That too, Les. If God didn't want us to eat animals, he wouldn't have made them out of meat.
Animals are amazing and smarter than people think. Videos like this just show the emotions the animals feel, just like we do.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yU5pZyY1HWM

The video I posted kinda shows the love animals have for their owners, plus the intelligence animals have as well. You can totally see the dog knows exactly what it’s doing in this video.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Hahaha. That too, Les. If God didn't want us to eat animals, he wouldn't have made them out of meat.

That's my favorite line from the Denis Leary comedy act.

Second is almost everything else. But his bit on why the French hate Americans.

"They gave us croissants, and we gave them the Croissandwich"

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

Yeah, especially the ones on the higher end of the evolutionary chain. Primates other than humans are right up there.

Although I'm not sure about actual "love" the way humans feel it, but great apes live in large, family groups in the wild (I think for their lifespan unlike lions, male elephants, etc) so it's not surprising they develop lifelong bonds and remember caretakers based on smell, sound, etc.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
It depends on the animal. Primates and dogs? Yeah.

Snakes and lizards? No.

Rabbits and Rats? Highly doubtful

Sheep, cows, goat, any cingulate for that matter, No.

We tend to humanize animals. Like putting two geckos in a cage together so they don't feel lonely. We assume because they are cute that they have to enjoy companionship. In reality one gecko will be dominant and the other will be under constant stress, even though they can't express it.

STLRam

UDFA
Between dogs and cats, I think dogs do truly care about their owners. Countless videos prove this to be true.

I think cats can miss their owners when gone for an extended period of time, but they don’t truly love them.

I’m a cat guy (no, not a weird crazy cat lady lol) though strictly because I like having pets around and cats are much easier to take care of than dogs.

I have 3 cats, but I have a 19 year old cat who is not in good shape anymore, but for most of his life I felt truly connected to. The other 2 not so much.

I think almost all dogs care about their owners, where only a few select cats do.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Wow - very cool George - my computer screen got all blurry after watching them.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I have a crazy animal story for you guys

one of my cows Danya who was born on the ranch had her first calf and I had gone out to see it. Well when i was about 5 yards away she saw me coming and charge straight toward me with her horns and stopped dead cold about 2 feet from me -- you know, to scare the living shit out of me and keep me away from her newborn
Now this had never happened to me before but before I could process any of it 4 of my other momma cows who just happneed to be around rushed Danya with their horns and started beating the crap out of her and moved her about 20 yards away from me.
I was blown away
I mean to see all my cows come to my defense was just mindblowing. They basically told Danya not to mess with me. And boy after that she's been a peach.

Now whether or not they love me I am not sure, but i sure as heck know they protect me :LOL:

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Wow - very cool George - my computer screen got all blurry after watching them.
Mom said you would go blind doing that disgusting stuff watching your computer screen...wait. What were you watching again?
one of my cows Danya who was born on the ranch had her first calf and I had gone out to see it. Well when i was about 5 yards away she saw me coming and charge straight toward me with her horns and stopped dead cold about 2 feet from me -- you know, to scare the living crap out of me and keep me away from her newborn
Now this had never happened to me before but before I could process any of it 4 of my other momma cows who just happneed to be around rushed Danya with their horns and started beating the crap out of her and moved her about 20 yards away from me.
I was blown away
I mean to see all my cows come to my defense was just mindblowing. They basically told Danya not to mess with me. And boy after that she's been a peach.
See. this was just a dream, Dieter. Let me help you:

You see, in your dream, you representing Jared Goff, and the "cows" with horns protecting you represent our O-line, with horns- Whitworth, Saffold, Sully and Jamon. The attacking cow? Well, she represented Michael Bennett, trying to get to you, but with no success.

Oh, and the baby calf? Represents the 2017 Rams season, new birth and hope.

STLRam

UDFA
I believe all animals are different. Some have a me first personality and some have a loving personality, just like humans. I like cats because they know how to take care of themselves and you don’t need to take an hour out of every day to properly care for them. I chose a cat from a litter of 5 from one of my aunt’s cat litters when I was in Kindergarten and he has been the most loving cat throughout this life. He’s 19 years old today, half blind, half deaf, and really skinny, and I promised him a few years ago that I’d build a homemade casket for him because he was such a lovable cat and the best cat my mom, dad, and I ever experienced.

It’s not built yet but it will be by the time he passes.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Between dogs and cats, I think dogs do truly care about their owners. Countless videos prove this to be true.

I think cats can miss their owners when gone for an extended period of time, but they don’t truly love them.

I’m a cat guy (no, not a weird crazy cat lady lol) though strictly because I like having pets around and cats are much easier to take care of than dogs.

I have 3 cats, but I have a 19 year old cat who is not in good shape anymore, but for most of his life I felt truly connected to. The other 2 not so much.

I think almost all dogs care about their owners, where only a few select cats do.

I think cats show their love in different ways. Like how they just happen to randomly be in the same room as you all the time, things like that. My male cat is very affectionate, more so than my dog even... He wags his tail, runs up, shows love all the time.. Not a lap cat ironically enough though. My female cat is a lap cat, but she's afraid of everything and her way of showing love (other than demanding attention) is to not be afraid of you.

I think that cats love just like dogs do, they just show it different and they're much harder to read.

Nothing quite like a lovable dog though.. Especially breeds like pitts, when they show love they really show love, it's always funny.