Disneyland Increases Prices for 2014

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The Wife and I dropped 5 G on a week long trip to Disney a few years ago. I was against it from the start but I lost the battle between me and wife/inlaws. The whole family got sick for the first three days. Only two of us didn't get ill. After it was all over they all agreed that it was not worth it, even if they hadn't gotten sick. Too much money. We wont be going back. We did enjoy our detour to Universal Studios though. It was much better than Disney.

We have a great amusement park about 15 miles away called Knoebels, that is free admission. The largest free admission park in the country, or so they claim. You can do it all in a day and only drop about $150.00 for the whole family. The lines are short, the drive is short, and if the whole family gets sick while there you can just go home and come back next week. They had a top ten Roller coaster for a few years.

Those jerks at Disney weren't going to let us cancel our Dinner with the characters on the first day. They said you use the coupon or lose it. So my father in law said he will bring the two boys to dinner even though they are puking. It didn't take too long for them to change their mind about the meal plan policy. Fuck Disney.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
If you are a glutton for punishment and just must experience the Disney magic, follow these tips I've learned over the years. These are for Disney World.

1. Best time to visit is late January to Early February. Weather is not too hot, rates are at their lowest for hotels. Crowds are a little smaller.

2. Stay on Disney property. When doing so, you get to use their transportation for free and parking is free. Also, everyday one of Disney's parks open an hour early and another stays open late, usually an hour or two. Only Disney guests are allowed in the park during this time. Disney has a trio of cheaper hotels (All-Star Sports, All-Star Movies, All-Star Music) and Pop Century Resort, $100 range, that are no frills but get you these benefits. They are clean and all you need to wash your butt and lay your head down.

3. Park Hopper passes are the way to go. They let you go from park to park on the same day and you will want to do this.

4. Best way to make the most of your day is start at the Magic Kingdom when the gates open. (Drive your car to this one, buses are handy but sometimes take too much of your time) Make plans of getting out of there by lunch. Crowds crescent around noon and it's elbow room only. This is when you catch the monorail that runs between the Magic Kingdom and Epcot and spend the afternoon at Epcot. That night, take the monorail back to the Magic Kingdom to catch the fireworks and Tinker Bell do her thing.

5. As stated before, disney guests get that bonus hour start in the morning at a pre-determined park. Always take advantage of this. You'd be amazed what you can do in that hour if you are at the gates when they open.

6. Animal Kingdom is the smallest Disney park. It can be completely covered during daylight hours especially if you are using that bonus hour. With a park hopper, you can spend the first part of your day there and go to another park that afternoon and night. We'd usuallly go see what we missed on the previously mentioned Magic Kingdom/Epcot day.

7. Downtown Disney is free to walk around but not much to do that is free. There is some unique shopping, fanfare restaurants, a blues club, the Circque Du Soleil (a must see if you never have) Disney's 4 or 5 story gaming arcade,(really cool place for kids and adults) and if you have a little girl, you must take her for a princess makeover at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique.( sorry guys, once your wife finds out about this one, you are going to do it or else, pull out your wallet)

8. Disney's Hollywood Studios has the most thrill rides but you will have to utilize the increasingly less effective FAST PASS if you want to ride everything and to make the most of those take's a little strategery. Don't miss the finale there called Fantasia which is a fireworks/water lights/float show.

9. May I suggest some medication for those who do not like lines, rude foreigners, sudden thunder storms, the sun beating down on you, high priced snacks at every corner, and some often times bland food offerings. Good shoes and sunscreen are a must. And I'd wear some of that light weight clothing that is cool and dries quickly.

Good luck brave souls!

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I forgot about the rude foreigners. I was at the pool with my kids at 9 am and it was unseasonably cold for November. So I sat in a chair but the kids swam. I tried to strike up some conversation with this Brit family next to me. they all just stared at me and never responded. Then they got up and moved to he other side of the pool.

Later the boys and I were in the hot tub. That whole family of assholes comes walking over. You should have seen the looks on their faces when they saw us in there. Utter disgust. "Come on in for a bit Chaps. The water is great and we can chat!" I said loudly. The Dad whooshed his little brats away and glared at me. The kids and I just laughed at him.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I forgot about the rude foreigners. I was at the pool with my kids at 9 am and it was unseasonably cold for November. So I sat in a chair but the kids swam. I tried to strike up some conversation with this Brit family next to me. they all just stared at me and never responded. Then they got up and moved to he other side of the pool.

Later the boys and I were in the hot tub. That whole family of assholes comes walking over. You should have seen the looks on their faces when they saw us in there. Utter disgust. "Come on in for a bit Chaps. The water is great and we can chat!" I said loudly. The Dad whooshed his little brats away and glared at me. The kids and I just laughed at him.

lol that's great. From my experience, European travelers seem to be the rudest; while American travelers seem to be the most obnoxious.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
lol that's great. From my experience, European travelers seem to be the rudest; while American travelers seem to be the most obnoxious.
Care to elaborate about the Americans? I travel a lot, still have two continents to hit, but would like to know what I may be doing that I might be unaware so I maybe would not repeat.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Care to elaborate about the Americans? I travel a lot, still have two continents to hit, but would like to know what I may be doing that I might be unaware so I maybe would not repeat.

My guess is that Americans don't act didtinguished enough because our country is a melting pot where other countries seem to have some National decorum code, dictating how you act.

I say Fuckem.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

As an American...we can be loud, demanding, and expect everything to be catered to us. A lot of time American travelers overseas forget that the cultures there are a lot more formal (especially in Asian and Middle Eastern countries) and aren't quite as outgoing as we are in America.

But that's what from what I see. I know there are plenty of Americans that don't do that and Europeans that aren't rude.