Director, Digital Media Business Development

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
On a whim, I'm thinking about applying. Could be pretty cool. Any ideas for partnerships that would rock?

It's with NFL Corporate
https://www.nfl.apply2jobs.com/ProfExt/ ... rentPage=1

The NFL Digital Media Group is seeking a Director of Business Development to help grow the company through extending the reach of current digital products, development of new business opportunities, the formation of strategic partnerships and alliances, and managing existing partnerships /renewals.

The Director will be expected to help develop short and long-term strategies to expand the business, consumption and revenues for all the NFL’s digital media businesses.

steferfootball

Starter
interference said:
On a whim, I'm thinking about applying. Could be pretty cool. Any ideas for partnerships that would rock?
This may be blatantly obvious, but for what company?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
steferfootball said:
interference said:
This may be blatantly obvious, but for what company?
Yeah, that could make a difference.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Duh, not sure how I missed that. I'll update the OP with a link to the job... which is with the NFL in NY.

https://www.nfl.apply2jobs.com/ProfExt/ ... rentPage=1

Job Title: Director, Digital Media Business Development
Position Type: Full Time - Regular
City: New York
State: New York
Travel Requirements: 0% - 25%
Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree, with an MBA preferred
Years of Experience: 5-10 years
Certification, Licenses, and Registration:
Description:

The NFL Digital Media Group is seeking a Director of Business Development to help grow the company through extending the reach of current digital products, development of new business opportunities, the formation of strategic partnerships and alliances, and managing existing partnerships /renewals.

The Director will be expected to help develop short and long-term strategies to expand the business, consumption and revenues for all the NFL’s digital media businesses.

Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will:
•Identify, develop and execute business strategies for key business areas
•Assist in developing new market initiatives by assessing new markets and analyzing business opportunities
•Conduct financial analyses and develop proposals for new business opportunities
•Take a meaningful role in all aspects of the deal development and prospecting, sourcing, negotiating and closing, including proactively identifying potential business partners and negotiating agreements
•Partnership & client management
•Create and participate in strategic presentations to senior executives inside and outside the organization

Special Skills/Abilities:
•Proven ability to think strategically and analytically
•Have a strong understanding of digital media trends (along with media broadly), evolution of platforms/consumption, and understand the business dynamics/models of digital media properties
•Effective presentation creation abilities
•Strong understanding of financial analysis and modeling
•Strong command of contracts and experience working with legal professionals
•Strong organizational skills with the ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects
•A team player who is capable of interacting and working cross-functionally in a multi-function organization
•Work along-side, manage, and help develop a group of junior professionals across a variety of projects

Ideal Experience:
Education or Equivalent Experience:
•5-10 years of experience in business development at a leading media company, investment banking (preferably in TMT groups), consulting (technology focus) or venture capital
•Bachelor’s degree, with an MBA preferred
The finalist will be a bright, highly motivated and pro-active, confident media professional. It is essential that this person be a team player with a competitive but collaborative style. He/she will be a proactive, with an ability to work independently and anticipate the business needs.
The finalist should have a “can do” attitude and be able to work effectively in developing media and strategies. The ability to make decisions that are strategically well conceived will further characterize the successful candidate.
The candidate of choice will possess diplomacy skills and the ability to work effectively within a fast-paced environment. In addition to strong interpersonal abilities, excellent verbal, written and oral presentation skills are essential.
The finalist will have experience managing a team, collaboratively working on multiple projects and providing them with development opportunities.
The candidate should be a fan of spectator sports in order to relate to the user experience of sports fans and visitors to NFL.com

Additional traits include:
•Risk-oriented
•Strong sense of prioritization and time management
•Hard-working
•Detail-oriented
•Able to establish credibility quickly in order to effectively interface at all levels in a complex organization
•A strong personal style that will enable him/her to persuade and motivate others to accomplish corporate goals
•A solid work ethic; positive attitude and potential for continued career growth
•Trustworthy and loyal
•Comfortable in a lean, “start-up like” environment

steferfootball

Starter
Okay, I just thought I was going crazy.

It is nice to see that they are looking for a sports fan, not just some guy...you know?

Go ahead and post your resume, so I can one up you and get the job. :hehe:

bluecoconuts

Legend
Pitch an NFL YouTube channel if you can. NHL does it, it's awesome one stop shop really. I'm actually shocked the NFL doesn't do this already. The NHL does it so well, take a page from their books.

If they're asking for ideas or anything to prove you can bring something to the table. At the end of the day, it never hurts to apply.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
I've got a proposal that I wrote for Chip & the Rams but never sent. I guess I need to bust that out and review it, for it had lots of suggestions for digital media products and marketing. But yeah, the Youtube channel is an awesome idea... i just can't understand why they haven't done that yet.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
interference said:
I've got a proposal that I wrote for Chip & the Rams but never sent. I guess I need to bust that out and review it, for it had lots of suggestions for digital media products and marketing. But yeah, the Youtube channel is an awesome idea... i just can't understand why they haven't done that yet.
Because then nobody would go to NFL.com to watch videos and be exposed to their merch ads. They want people to come to them; not the other way around.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Oh another idea is adding some personality to a team twitter.... The LA Kings twitter has been like that, and since the playoffs have started they have had their followers shoot through the roof. 70,000 followers when they began, 3 weeks later they had over 110,000... They have 116,556 followers now.

The Kings twitter feed is so loved by everyone now because they're not stale like every other twitter feed for every other team.. NFL, MLB, NHL, NBA, it's all the same, real cut and dry... But the Kings talk to their fans, they talk some shit to other teams, other fans, make fun of guys. Just really ads a personality to it, you get the sense that the two guys running it are really fans of the game and the sport. It's a lot more fun for people.

And adding 45,000 new followers in a month... Well you can't argue with those results.

Here's a story about it:
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck- ... 09441.html

The best part is looking though after a game, with people tweeting stuff like "Nobody gives a flying fuck" and them tweeting back "You mad bro?" and such. It's great.

The Kings media department is amazing, probably the best in sports at this point. The videos they play at Staples are great. They play the south park clips that cheer for the Kings.. When playing against Vancouver, a team with a reputation for diving, they showed clips of Olympic divers when one of them dove (they also tweeted that a gust of wind sent one of them tumbling)... It's awesome. Their twitter feed, their ingame stuff, their highlights and pump up videos. Honestly, I'm shocked that more teams aren't coming to them for ideas. They really figured it out.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Awesome!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71w10eIXyho[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTRSS_7g-iQ[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsIBbIWW1i8[/youtube]